Astaroth appears as male to me?

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. It seems like for most people, Astaroth appears as a she, but he introduced himself to me as male and has always appeared as such. Thoughts and/or comments?

1 Like

Welcome to BALG! Astaroth and Astarte are essentially the same entity. It is a spirit/consciousness so it is both male and female. It can change according to it’s or your will. Hope this helped.

2 Likes

Welcome @elijah_west. Please post an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. It is a rule of this forum.

2 Likes

Whoops! On it right now.

Some entities can change/genderbend. So they can appear male or female. It’s not really according to your will, it’s according to their own will. Just as succubus can become incubus and vice versa.

4 Likes

When I said “your will” it’s under the context of what you might want sexually. The demon/spirit/entity many times will change to what arouses you.

2 Likes

That would make a lot of sense. I’ve had my suspicions in the general direction of that reason, but I usually feel the need to ask around and get opinions before I really draw conclusions lol

Astaroth is a very androgynous spirit , appearing as both in different time or changes mid convorsation, and they are not the same as Astarte, these are two different spirits, they might have some relation and share some energy but should be approached as different when interacting with them.

5 Likes

Hmmm the question is why appears that way to you, are you into sports?

1 Like

Well, she appears as female for me, and male for you. other Spirits are known to gender-swap as they see fit, so, I see nothing out of the ordinary with your recounting.

2 Likes

Sports??? No lmao. Never could see the fun in athleticism to be honest

1 Like

Well there is a powerful message even in the chosen shape.

2 Likes

Opinions and experiences are going to vary. As you can already see with the replies here. It is a fact though, that Astaroth and Astarte have a common etymological source. However, that alone doesn’t prove that they are the same spirit. But from my own experiences with this spirit Astaroth appears, sounds, and feels feminine. Not only that, she confirmed that she was also known as Astarte. So the take away from this is after you’ve read through all of these difficult opinions, go with what your own experiences and intuition tell you. People will say a lot of things but your understanding is the most important in your own microcosm and magick.

3 Likes

But seriously, why “sports?” Is Astaroth associated with athleticism?

1 Like

I have not worked with Astaroth so I cannot speak on that particular spirit, but I have had Buer appear to me as female multiple times. I guess that is either the form he prefers for me, or how I associate healing in general. It’s kinda one of those interesting observations that can have many answers. So, to answer the question, yes I have experienced something similar, just with a different spirit.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Sometimes the passive messages are easy to miss.

2 Likes

It’s an odd occurrince but they appear as they see best fits you you see him as male I see her as female like furfur to me is male but another on here said came to her as female

1 Like

Well, Astaroth is known for appearing as both, male or female.

1 Like