"Assassin" Type Spirits

Today, I was sitting in my public library (because screw buying a book, if I have an hour or two to kill I’ll go to the library and just read there) and wondering if there was any wanderer in the area for me to throw some darts at.

This was outside my defenses.

Immediately I could not breathe, and felt hands on my throat. It wasn’t a physical being. Astrally, it looked like some chubby Victorian era English Judge with white hair, but red eyes- no pupils or irises- and cracked green skin.

I tore it apart, and then casted an analysis spell on it because I’ve never been physically harmed by a spirit. But the only type that came up? “Assassin”.

So, do I need a better analysis spell or am I dealing with magical encryption here?

Thanks,

-Sev

Analysis spell? Could you elaborate?

What an exciting life that you have Sevarn !

Almost every post you talk about being hunted, chased, attacked by all kind of astral beings !

Musn’t be relaxing to be you !

[quote=“The Eye, post:3, topic:2995”]What an exciting life that you have Sevarn !

Almost every post you talk about being hunted, chased, attacked by all kind of astral beings !

Musn’t be relaxing to be you ![/quote]

It is, actually! You see, there are a lot of fun things I do with magic aside from being attacked. And getting attacked is actually GOOD FOR ME, because unlike some, I get stronger when I devour a spirit.

This instance came off as a little shock to me, which is why I posted it.

ANYWAY!

Baph, I have an analysis spell that I can pull from a library of my casted spells, gather the energy and it will just mold into it. The analysis spell takes little chunks of the spirit’s energy and runs it through a database of known spirits, then known types of spirits, then a few more select things I can’t talk about, before informing me what exactly I was dealing with.

Usually I get a list of adjectives and vocations, including the sender of the spirit if any, but this came up only as “assassin” which has never appeared before and never have I got a single word as the result of an analysis spell.

If you want more details on the spell, PM me. Gotta keep SOME things selective.

-Sev