Ask Me Anything — Advanced Vampire Magick With N.D. Blackwood

Greetings Claymore and please accept my apologies for the delay.
Yes it is, the notion of distance is essentially a mental block that your mind will have to overcome. You can use scientific evidence of an all-connected universe in quantum physics or use occult/religious beliefs such as the Hindu Atman for this.
The best ways to perform vampirism throught distance are sympathic magick, vampiric rituals and Out of Body hunting.

Best regards
N.D

3 Likes

Mainly advantages. Depending on the archetypes you are draining from, you will develop a bit of its traits and attributes. This is of course temporary except if performed on a regular basis.
Draining from elemental energies such a described by chinese medicine is also a good option if you consider lacking on of this energy. For exemple, draining from the energy of Fire will increase a boost of joy, draining from Earth will ground you, while Steel may calm you down .
The list goes on.

2 Likes

Very interesting story. Please accept my apologies too for taking much time to answer.
As practitioners, one of our goals is to be always aware of how energy is flowing in our relationship. We must be in the position of the one who drains and not in the shoes of the one who is drained.
This is a work of constant attention to our feelings, attachment, over attachement, to keep ourselves in the position on the predator and avoid becoming the prey.

1 Like

Are there demons I can invoke to have them send the undead to me?

1 Like

That’s useless, just evoke Them directly.

1 Like

I can’t because I don’t have any sigils tied to them. I’m not skilled in astral projection either.

id suggest starting by visiting a graveyard then, attune yourself with the energies there and meditate on life and death, as you feel your connection grow, you may be drawn to certain graves, and can evoke the people who lie buried underneath to start.

One thing ive found to help as well is by meditating outside the graveyard as well, as you meditate think about your own life, and how you may die, sink into that cold feeling of life leaving your body and feel the energy of it. It may take time, but you’ll find yourself closer to those energies eventually, and able to perceive them.

You could also start restricting how much you eat per day, try to get down to one meal, consisting of bread, milk, water, and honey to really get the full effects. Instead of eating the other times, meditate on your eventual death, or the concept of death around you, maybe on people you’ve known who died as well.

You can also make an offering to the undead too, usually some food placed on your altar will attract them, it will usually grow stale once they have eaten. I’d suggest not eating it afterwards, but instead bury it outside somewhere, preferably in the shade of a tree. But keep in mind that this can attract hungry ghosts as well, so make sure to assert your authority over your temple.

There is some sigils avaible for this.
You can find some in Draugadrottin, but there is also some in books from Michael Ford (for Akhkharu in Akhkharu, and Black Eagle in Book of the Witch Moon).

There is also the possibility to go into a graveyard or a location reputed for Undead mysteries and evoke the spirits from there.

1 Like

How do I find a graveyard or location for Undead?

1 Like

Depending on the country you lived in, you will need to make some investigation on local folklore.

1 Like

What happens to the undead magician who gets hit by a death curse? Is the magician always consciousness even in the deep sleep?

Well, I may only give you answer to this question “in theory”.

First, there might be a cultural difference between Europe and the US concerning “curses”. Cursing another Black Magician in Europe is a big NO NO. Some orders even place it inside the rules you to to swear respecting before admission. Even if that may occasionally happen (I only heard one story during all my career, and it does not end with the death of any of the practionners, who send became friend), this rule may not seems to apply in the US.
I never saw any Undead practionner dying from a curse. Some have been killed during war, most of natural reasons, even some of suicide.
Those I know have become Undeads themselves after their physical death.

Are the undead similar to wraiths?

1 Like

I talk about death curses in general. Curses can backfire if the target for instance have shield that deflects, so what would happen if I as an Undead cast a death curse that then backfires and hits me instead? Are Undead magicians consciousness all the time even in sleep?

Please define “wraith”
Terminology and classifications like vampires/strigoi/Akhkharu/Vurkolak are human made. Some entities from other continents or some magickal practice could fall into what is called "vampirism " nowadays for exemple.
Some practitioners of Quimbanda projects themselves out of their body to take the sexual essence of their target, with the goal of obtaining long live and spiritual immortality. They never use the title “vampire” or the strigoi imagery.
Throught, according to our standards, their goals is the same or similar to those of strigoi practionners here. They use different spirits, different imagery, different formula, but the metaphysical endgoal is very similar.

That’s why I personnally don’t use a very definite classication of spirits. Each individual being differents and the frontiers between each “kind” are always foggy.

A ghost or ghost like image of someone

1 Like

This ideas of natural shields that deflects curses is in my opinion something modern.
Authentic and effective death curse are in my book, something pretty rare, the result of a long work made by an adept and they only backfires if a work made by another skilled magician is made to counter .Wich is a rare phenomenon .
I personnally never heard of a magician killed by the curse of a collegue or by is own curse.

Some “ghosts” are shadows without consciousness for most, imageries of the past that redo the same scenarios in circle, again again and again.
Undeads have a conscience in, the “ghost” continues it’s life and evolution.

1 Like

So I don’t have any of your books so I hope I’m not asking something already addressed.

I’m wondering is it possible certain musical groups (let’s say like the greatful dead or similar groups) would be using vampirism on their audiences and that that’s why after a concert everyone is walking away wiped out?

Also, if it is possible to vampirism a large group of concert goers like the dead-heads, how advanced a level of vampirism would that be and how dangerous would it be (for the vampire) drawing energy from 1000+ concert goers?

I’m asking theoretically, not actually saying the greatful dead vampirized their audiences.