Asenath mason's ritual mat

Hi all,
I have just received the email advertising asenath mason’s book, and it got me thinking: are we just paying for a decorative rug or does it have some effect outside a placeabo ?
Obviously, we all understand that a ritual helps focus the mind and the mind does all the work. That being said, why is the ritual mat being sold as actually possessing power. Surely this is just misleading newbies ? Unless it has actually been enchanted that is.

Rug?!

Asenath Mason is the best person to answer this, so, did you want it moved to the AMA?

These circles are beautiful, but need to be much, much bigger! -How does one circumambulate in that or the standard universal circle?

To answer the OP (though it’s an excellent question for Mason as well) the power of the symbolism is objective due to its sheer beauty and psychological immersion factor, the spiritual efficacy of the thing, follows the initial psychological arousal that acts as the stimulus for a ritualized state of being.

Asenath looks like she’s slowly coming out from underneath the floor horror movie style.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:8585”]Rug?!

Asenath Mason is the best person to answer this, so, did you want it moved to the AMA?[/quote]
That would be good if you would, thanks eva

She also refers to sigils as a necessity, which I find a little odd.

Agreed, as far as I’m concerned, the beautiful and evocative artwork IS the enchantment. Unless it would make using the circle more psychologically stimulating, having Ms. Mason perform an enchantment of some sort on them wouldn’t necessarily do anything. No harm in it though for sure!

Just my opinion!

Also, mentioning the size of these circles, agreed! Being 6 and a half feet tall, it’d be a bit hard to fit inside this thing, especially with 11 candles surrounding you.

[quote=“Cogitation, post:3, topic:8585”]These circles are beautiful, but need to be much, much bigger! -How does one circumambulate in that or the standard universal circle?

To answer the OP (though it’s an excellent question for Mason as well) the power of the symbolism is objective due to its sheer beauty and psychological immersion factor, the spiritual efficacy of the thing, follows the initial psychological arousal that acts as the stimulus for a ritualized state of being.[/quote]

Regrettably, I have to agree.

I have scoured the earth high and low for a team of artists who could create 10-foot-square circles in decent quantities, but still have not found it. At the moment, the largest they can all do reasonably tops out at about 5’5"-5’9"-squared.

I have thought about this before, and have two stopgap solutions until you find the right carpet-maker.

1. Look into custom printed tiles. There are plenty of tile manufacturers that can print designs on tiles. Once the tiles are shipped the mage can put them together jigsaw-puzzle style. Tiles can go on floors, walls, and ceilings to make an entirely magickal room. And tiles can do photo-quality, so designs can be very intricate.

2. Have the smaller carpet designs tiled out as well. Take 4 5’5" carpets and put 1/4 of the circle on each carpet. Again put the carpets together on a floor. There’s your 10 foot circle.

Sometimes you have to be creative to get the job done, or find a stopgap that works for you.

Food for thought

Regarding the first question, the ritual mat is like any other ritual tool you may use – if you believe that it will help and empower your work the way it is described, that’s exactly what will happen. If you don’t like the idea of using mats, tools, or other ceremonial items, none of them will work for you, no matter whether they’re consecrated or not. On the other hand, the latter applies only to the conscious influence, while they may still affect you on the subconscious level. Taking the mat as an example, the sigils printed on it have been used by dozens of other practitioners who traveled through them by using them as gateways to the realms of Sitra Ahra - these gateways have been opened and empowered and are now active all the time, so if you use the sigil - be it printed on the mat, in the book, hand-drawn, etc. - it will open the same gateways within your subconscious mind, regardless if you believe in their power or not - it doesn’t matter because sigils/symbols are meant to affect you on the subconscious, not the conscious level.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response, respect to you :slight_smile:

I have thought about this before, and have two stopgap solutions until you find the right carpet-maker.

1. Look into custom printed tiles. There are plenty of tile manufacturers that can print designs on tiles.

Sometimes you have to be creative to get the job done, or find a stopgap that works for you.[/quote]

Another possible stopgap idea.

I don’t know if the carpet issue has to do with the width of the fabric available or the machines used to print. (Or maybe it’s hand done in which case I could totally understand the limitation).

It’s not a glamorous material but if it’s a fabric size issue. Would a vinyl work? It may be available in larger sizes.

Also, contacting large hotels like the Bellagio concerning things printed in larger sizes. Hotels having larger spaces may know other vendors…

I have no clue but just throwing some suggestions out there… : )

Asenath, what affects us on as conscious level e.g I want to make more sales or predict numbers for financial instruments. How would I do this? 1. would it be a psychic attack or invocation of a demon Dantallion to change computer programming?

With all my respect, but the true magical circle is within and around the person. It is like an inner power and an aura. The magic circle is a virtue of the True Will. And the size of this circle will be proportional to the size of the magician’s True Will.