As above so below

what does as above so below mean? what does it been to you guys

1 Like

Usually what is possible in Higher Realms, to be possible in the Lower Realms.

1 Like

Hermetic principle law of correspondence
As above. so below. As within. so without.

Look into the kybalion.

4 Likes

As within, so without.

All that happens outside of us, happens within us. Changes in the higher planes affect the lower. Changes in us, manifest around us.

3 Likes

That we are reflections in micro/macrocosm of the source. That the reality around us is a reflection of that which creates it. To me it is a reminder of what we are.

3 Likes

so as magic comes within us it comes out to change what’s around.

1 Like

Absolutely. Also, I interpret that half of the maxiom to also mean that everything around us is also a part of us, and vice versa.

Yes. I also think it is a subtle suggestion from the wise folks who wrote the principle that when we are doing magick, approach it with the mindset that there is no distinction between making a change within yourself and externally changing things. It kind of holds true in the literal sense; everything that happens everywhere is ultimately relevant to your own existence, both in butterfly effect and string theory. It is theoretically impossible for anything to occur without it having some intrinsic effect on everything else that exists on that plane, both in the astral and in physicality.

3 Likes

Full explanation here - The Kybalion PDF, archived link.

I recommend it so much because I found it quite late and it fit exactly with all my personal understanding and experiences to that point and also helped bring them into focus.

3 Likes

Thoughts held in mind (consciousness) produce life circumstances (what appears as the outer worldview we take in) after thier kind. That’s the simplicity that is contained in this seeming complex truth.

In Godlike power and boldness
-Phil

2 Likes

it means that creation is fractal(everything is connected and every single part no matter how small has the potential to create/recreate everything). What happens in the microverse is reflected in the macro and vice versa, this also applying to this dimension reflecting on others

2 Likes