As Above So Below Meaning

We all need this reminder now and again. Thank you!

2 Likes

Both these questions need to be considered from the perspectives of the absolute and relative. The absolute perspective being that of the all and the relative being ours.

From the perspective of the all it may be that it is a case of “descent or inward dreaming” to direct a narrative similar to creating a scenario through meditation.

From our relative perspective this translates into the “ascent or expansion of consciousness” to explore the planes of reality in its various manifestaions.

I say “may” in the case of the all because i cannot say this with certainty as i am not the all but through my own experience and applying the law of correspondence to these i can speculate and experiment in the system i use currently. When i apply the hermetic principles to my work i have gotten more hits than misses when it comes to my magick.

As stated in the kybalion regarding the divine paradox

"While to THE INFINITE ALL, the Universe, its Laws, its Powers, its life, its Phenomena, are as things witnessed in the state of Meditation or Dream; yet to all that is Finite, the Universe must be treated as Real, and life, and action, and thought, must be based thereupon, accordingly, although with an ever understanding of the Higher Truth. Each according to its own Plane and Laws. Were THE ALL to imagine that the Universe were indeed Reality, then woe to the Universe, for there would be then no escape from lower to higher, divineward–then would the Universe become a fixity and progress would become impossible. And if Man, owing to half-wisdom, acts and lives and thinks of the Universe as merely a dream (akin to his own finite dreams) then indeed does it so become for him, and like a sleep-walker he stumbles ever around and around in a circle, making no progress, and being forced into an awakening at last by his falling bruised and bleeding over the Natural Laws which he ignored. "

2 Likes

As above so below also pertains to the higher levels of existence like the astral plane and the others.
If you visualise an object long enough you will manifest it.
Try this think of a bottle of a drink you like but haven’t had recently. Maybe it’s rare.
Visualise it on the table in front of you.
Try to get to the point that you can’t tell the difference between it being there or not.
First time I did this was with a bottle of Hennessy. I spent 5-10 mins on the exercise. 90% or more of the bars and clubs here don’t stock this they either have Courvoisier or Remy Martin. That night about an hour later I went to a club with friends and everyone was buying me a double of that drink out of all the possible options.
This obviously can be pushed as far as you’re capable.

5 Likes