Artificial Intelligence = Summoning a Demon?

During an address to the MIT Aeronautics and Astronautics department’s Centennial Symposium Friday, (entire video here) Tesla chief executive Elon Musk compared artificial intelligence (AI) to evoking a Demon.

Given the unique perspectives of BALG forum participants, anyone here have any thoughts on the Musk Theory?

Ideas? Mischievous notions? Grimoire-based computer programs?

1 Like

Anyone else wondering how many years Elon Musk has secretly been evoking demons to help him become a billionaire?

I’m also wondering if AI can eventually develop self-consciousness can they then evoke demons and other entities too? I’ve heard of the possibility of some servitors eventually evolving into something more organic like a spirit/entity so it may be possible that AI can evolve to that extent too.

Or just the simple fact that an AI may be a good way for an entity to communicate or interact with humans, should it take possession over it.

I know they’ve (whoever “they” are) sent messages and conformations through things like random number & prompt/idea generators, and Google & youtube search results.

[quote=“Milamber, post:2, topic:4225”]Anyone else wondering how many years Elon Musk has secretly been evoking demons to help him become a billionaire?

I’m also wondering if AI can eventually develop self-consciousness can they then evoke demons and other entities too? I’ve heard of the possibility of some servitors eventually evolving into something more organic like a spirit/entity so it may be possible that AI can evolve to that extent too.[/quote]

Hmm, i don’t think that AI can develop self-consciousness - and if they can, we are indeed fucked. In a bad way.

I read about that earlier today and wondered the same thing…(evoking to get billions). Seemed unusual for his comments to be so main stream. I really agree with black flame. Ditto that!

Timothy’s made some posts that draw parallels between the two:

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/why-is-evocation-a-forbidden-art-to-many/msg8057/#msg8057]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/why-is-evocation-a-forbidden-art-to-many/msg8057/#msg8057[/url]

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/evocation-disrespectful/msg18856/#msg18856]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/evocation-disrespectful/msg18856/#msg18856[/url]

The word “demon” in this case is AI lingo.

“A demon is a facet of a slot in a frame which causes some action to be taken when the frame is accessed in certain types of ways. For example, an if-needed demon is activated or triggered if the value of the slot is required and a value has not yet been stored in the slot, and it should calculate or otherwise obtain a value for the slot, while a range demon is triggered if a new value is added to the slot, to check that the value added is permissible for this particular slot.”

1 Like

No idea what you just said… Though I’m going to go ahead and publicly thank my guardian, Kou for giving me a visual / translating it for me… Ugh! I swear this guy’s the absolute worst case of ADHD/extreme nerd in any existence. Like a 5 year old mixed with a Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) with social skills.

Yes, easy mix up between a literal word and technical terminology.
Though I still believe it is completely possible to extend the term to the literal and it remain applicable.

Magic is simply science we don’t yet understand.

^ THIS.

Let’s not fuck about, EA gets stick for not hiding behind “orders” or creeping grovelling “masters” of the one true truth etc., also magick as an interest gets that exact same shit… we do what we do, and oh! NO! Some Maestro in robes didn’t permit it…

I’m a hard polytheist, which is on the opposite side of stuff to Timothy in some ways, so I don’t know what to say on where you go, but, damn, we’re having some fun working it out, which the shut-down merchants who say everything’s gotta go their way, cannot deliver!

Exactly what I think. Religious geocentric cock-sucking mysticism doctrinates their followers in pursuing ‘That Ultimate Goal’, ‘That Supreme Attainment’. Hell, its fucking stupid to think there’s such a thing, for that would mean existence itself has an end. After reaching that, we would simply decay and cease to exist, to then start the very same journey again and again. It would be like doing 1 million dollars, then lose it all, then do another million, then lose it all again. Fuck! How would that be meaninful at all?

Continuity. New dimensions, new worlds. Continuous regeneration and evolution, without ever ceasing to be, even in the non-being.

[quote=“ani_cat_candy, post:8, topic:4225”]No idea what you just said… Though I’m going to go ahead and publicly thank my guardian, Kou for giving me a visual / translating it for me… Ugh! I swear this guy’s the absolute worst case of ADHD/extreme nerd in any existence. Like a 5 year old mixed with a Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) with social skills.

Yes, easy mix up between a literal word and technical terminology.
Though I still believe it is completely possible to extend the term to the literal and it remain applicable.

Magic is simply science we don’t yet understand.[/quote]

He said a given situation calls for a specific demon. But as that situation may have some peculiarities, a mechanism is added to fit those with the right demon to attend them better.

Which is exactly what Kou had demonstrated for me.
Thank you.
I would not have been able to put that into words.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:7, topic:4225”]The word “demon” in this case is AI lingo.

“A demon is a facet of a slot in a frame which causes some action to be taken when the frame is accessed in certain types of ways. For example, an if-needed demon is activated or triggered if the value of the slot is required and a value has not yet been stored in the slot, and it should calculate or otherwise obtain a value for the slot, while a range demon is triggered if a new value is added to the slot, to check that the value added is permissible for this particular slot.”[/quote]

Demon as in Daemon. It’s pretty much a program. It’s been awhile since my linux days, but I’m sure they’re little programs that do simple shit when triggered.

That’s along one of the lines I was thinking. Evoking an entity with the intention of he providing a “personality” to an AI system could provide some interesting results.

It reminds me of ghost boxes/spirit boxes that use random sound clips and/or vowels that spirits can use to communicate. Tested one on my phone, worked very accurate. I feel it is very possible to create randomized patterns that spirits can use to influence our part of reality, software comes to mind as the easiest way to achieve this, but things like Tarot also do the trick. When I was still interested in the cards I would marvel at the statistic unlikeliness of drawing the same queen four times in a row in a three card spread. No matter how obsessed and randomised I shuffled… she would be there.