Art as ritual/ritual as art and occult artists- any ideas?

Hello there :blue_heart::heart_eyes:
I would want to ask You guys, what certain artist You know about are the ones that You can be pretty comfortable with saying that they definetily do incorporate some magickal or occult aspects into their artworks/performances? Artists that You can clearily tell are performing their works with certain level of knowledge of the occultā€¦ It can be anyone. Actor, who privately dwells into the occult and plays such characters on stageā€¦ Musicians or bands who incorporate occult symbolics on stage during concertsā€¦ You get the point :wink: I am very interested in getting to know about such individuals. Merging art with occult was something I have always admired :green_heart:

5 Likes

I am an artist, I sculpt and paint. I have thought seriously about incorporating my spells into paintings, and possibly for others. The creative ideas Iā€™ve had, are mixing some condition oils for each magical purpose in with the paints, hiding symbols, and what not. Also runes and sigils in with the picture somehow without taking anything away from the sigil and runes, which would be hard, but it seems like it would be a cool project. :grin:

5 Likes

Awww it definetily would :heart_eyes: Good luck with it :blue_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Typical occultist. At leastā€¦how an occultist used to be.

ā€œAt the time of his death, rumors circulated that his illness was caused by his secret and dangerous vocal practices. People wanted to believe that Demetrio Stratos had died due to daring too much and wandering outside the limits of human possibilities, as if he was a modern Icarus, punished for flying too close to the Sun.ā€

4 Likes

I donā€™t know many artists who do this but I certainly enjoy using my art in practice. Most of my tools/supplies are handmade art. For example this seed bead rose bracelet Iā€™ve been working on is a talisman for self love. My recommendation would be to explore the art community. Visit art centered towns/cities (like in my area we have noho) to find artists who share your spiritual/magickal interests.

3 Likes

Look up Austin Osman Spare, the man who first came up with what has come to be known as Chaos sigils. He was an occult artist, and his paintings are said to be haunted,

5 Likes

Today as part of my pact/petition and being my day off from the 9-5grind Iā€™m working on a new sculptural piece. So ill probably start off with saying the enn and then proceed to pour resin, as it dries Iā€™ll sculpt the head and continue to say the enn as I work, putting intention and focus into it.

3 Likes

Just putting your intention into whatever art you are doing, is a great way to start.

3 Likes

Wow thank You :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Yes it is :heart_eyes: I believe that this is how we all start at it :wink:

Damn sounds interesting. Thank You :blue_heart:

Itā€™s really interesting :heart_eyes: Thank You :sparkling_heart::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

@DaughterOfElves there are a few arists.

Mephorash
https://youtu.be/BMdeaTu2Ozs

Fields of the nephilim

Therion

Dissection

Idehall

2 Likes

Tool does

I am starting to add in elements of magick and sigilism in my own art. Honestly I feel like if you are an artist and a magickian then it would be unethical not too add magick to your art. Why waste that creativity on the mundane when it could be elevated to higher levels. Even if it is hidden in plain sight.

2 Likes

Yes I love Tool :heart_eyes: My ex partner showed this hell of a masterpiece of a band long ago and I fell in love with them immediatelly :heart_eyes: I have made several video tributes with their music on my channel :heart_eyes: One of them, ironically, is about a witch XD Mizuki (47 Ronin) - "Schism" Tool - YouTube

2 Likes

Follow up i finished the piece i made, praise the mighty Amon! The gift was accepted and what a sense of joy came over me, Iā€™m still smiling, like giddy smiling.

(And yes it does glow in the dark)

4 Likes

pink floyd i think, and many more

2 Likes
4 Likes

Thank You :hugs:

1 Like

Itā€™s beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like