Aromatherapy

What do you guys think about it?

I’m a qualified aromatherapist.
In what context are you asking the question? Is this a general question or related to working with essential oils for rituals etc?

3 Likes

i like the oils due to i can use them iin dressing candles and charms or in a small oil burner so my room smellls like it but thats all its good for to me

1 Like

Well, when you burn incense, does your mood change? Like before you burned incense you felt like you couldn’t focus, then you burn incense like sandalwood or frankincense and then out of nowhere you can focus better. Like if you were grounded. Has this ever happened to you?

Vasovagal nerve, also, look it up. :+1:

1 Like

No, I can’t say it has. I don’t really like incense and will use essential oils in a burner instead.

I have read that burning Frankincense (resin from the Boswellia plant) activates ion channels in the brain to alleviate anxiety or depression. However, this was burning a pure natural substance and most incenses aren’t pure (why I don’t like them).

It is possible that the lighting of the incense puts you in a more receptive mood to meditate or relax as your mind associates it with breathwork and being calm and therefore more grounded.

3 Likes

I see. Now how do you use essential oils in the burner? I would like to try out your method.

It’s very simple, just put warm water in the dish and add a few drops of oil to the water. The candle heats the water which diffuses the oil in the steam.

1 Like

to answer your question i use dragons blood myrrh and a bit of pine resin mixed two to one to make my area im in have a ceertin scent i have seen it mellow me out and very relaxing but everyone has there own prefered scents :slight_smile: