Aresian Agoge (Working with Ares)

Ares have always pulled me in.
I only have experience with Zeus of the Greek gods, but Ares, he have always been there at the back of my mind.

That is why I am going to call my warrior caste “Aresian” in his honour, and I will lay the ceremonial first bricks of its foundation.

This journal will likely kick off properly at the end of the month, when I plan to begin my aggressive training regimen in the glorious name Ares and masculinity.

I don’t believe you can separate the physical aspect of Ares and the spiritual, so I am going to do a lot of invoking of him and manifest his power through my body.

I will do this by life a life inspired by his greatest followers; the Spartans, for a period of time (three to six months).

During this period, I will work on repairing my broken self by empowering myself to fight, and win, an inner war and then fight to improve myself and my place in the world.

Also, during this period I will eat primarily porridge and strongly seasoned meaty food, work out rigorously, and play war games on my computer during down time.

I will evoke Ares each morning when I wake up, design a ritual pendant to carry, and order a statue of Ares to honour him.

As I will work with Ares, I will be able to share a lot more than I usually do, and I welcome people to both discuss things related to Ares as well as come with ideas and suggestions during my journey to become a stronger warrior.

10 Likes

Not sucking demon dick for favours, nor treating spirits like band-aids for your fuckups. Instead, finding that within yourself which resonates with the god, though hard work and dedication.

Respect! :fist:

6 Likes

My sketch for an amulet of Ares.
It will be made in brass.

It is designed based on a Spartan shield, however, the arrow sign on a Spartan shield represent Lambda, and Lambda represented “Lakonia” (the Spartan homeland), which is a tad undesirable for me.
However, the symbol of Dar, the paradigm I have endeavored to work closely with during this ritualistic period is an arrow with a dot in the middle.

I worked my magic and mashed the two symbols together, with a ruby as the dot.

There will be a protective plate surrounding the ruby which will be sewn to place with red decorative thread, notice how it is fashioned like a spear/arrowhead.

The backside will have the symbol of Mars, along with the names of Ares and Kratos (strength, not the edgy fucking character from the God of War series).

4 Likes

Instead of a Spartan cloak, I plan on making a red cloth to wear around my waist.
I will also cut my hair to have more of a warrior appearance.

2 Likes

As my last entry for tonight, I will make my first entry about war.
I don’t consider myself a gun-toting maniac, I am against unnecessary violence.

But war stirs something in me, awaken something that feels so right.
I feel at home on the path of the warrior, I feel the most at home among peers who have a tougher outlook at life, who do not shun at adversity, and think challenges are there to be overcome.

Despite all this, I am poorly anchored in the physical world, the world does not want someone like me.

The world prefer the easy way, the cowardly and the weak procreate and instill their flawed values onto their children.

I want to stand strong, stand with my back straight and my head up, yet I am fed with shame.

THIS right here is the war I have been given to fight, the war all who walk my path will have to partake in, the war against the overwhelming masses and their pressure to give in and give up.

A lot of people say war is bad, and they are right, Ares disagrees, but the world is right.
I am not blind to the horrors of war, and I never want to experience them, but that is not the point of this path.

What is war if not the large scale collision of wills.
Conflict is natural in the world, to shy away from conflict is the most foolish thing a man can do.
Instead, what a man should do is prepare endlessly for conflict, because it will always happen.

My father most likely did this without thinking about it, he made me combative, argumentative, refined.
He used to say that I should bend to the world, because the world will never bend to me.

If you become strong enough, you can indeed bend the world, and that is exactly what I am going to do with the help of Ares.

5 Likes

Music time, this song never fails to pump me up.

2 Likes

Done some more preparations today for my ritual work with Ares.

But, some may ask, why Ares?
Good question, for some reason I’ve been feeling a strong pull from Ares for years.
As many may know on the forum now, or at least, those who have followed my other journal, I consider myself a warrior, even if I have hit some rocks through the years.

I consider myself a warrior because I foster an attitude of dealing with various degrees of adversity, which have been necessary in my life.

For most, Ares is a god of death, destruction, and the horrors of war.
True, he is all that, but he is also a fountain of fiery passion and masculinity.

I will likely work with Aphrodite at some point as well, to compensate for the intense energies of manly manliness.

Some might tell me to rather work with Athena, but Athena don’t fascinate me as much as the energies of Ares.

I have always been more interested in Sparta than Athens, and I would favour a more militaristic state than one that is not.

I am not a soldier, but one huge chunk of me can not stay away from the ideals of the warrior.

One part of me feel like I am abandoning my goddess, but it feels like she want me to do this, that she want Ares to train me to become stronger.

I know a good deal about Spartans, but I will not aspire to live like them.
They were way more hardcore, dare I say perfect in their practice.
To them, war was life, and they embodied it.
To me, life is war, it is a conflict we will all sooner or later succumb to, and if I want the life I want, I will need to conquer it myself.

But I can not do what the Spartans did, instead, I will draw inspiration from them and become more disciplined in action and challenge myself, start to push myself forward.
I have already decided to not drink soda or alcohol during this period (Spartans did not drink), live on a carefully designed core diet (Spartans ate simple food), and practice physical discipline by exposing myself to cold (Spartans did this…but way more hardcore).
I will also spend some hours several days a week at the gym, trying to train endurance as well as strength.
I believe that by strengthening myself this way, I will live in a way that will bring me closer to Ares, and fill me with the divine strength to start pushing back the ever encroaching darkness.

However, I will buy chains I will always carry on me, as a symbol of restraint, which is something I read Greeks did to statues of Ares to keep him contained.
The symbolism is appealing, as clearly, you can not simply rip heads off people when you get mad, and I should remember that.

2 Likes

Spartans wore red cloaks.
I can not wear a red cloak, partially because I do not strive to become a Spartan and partially because I think cloaks work really poorly with fashion today.

Instead, I will wear a red waist cloth to symbolize the red cloak, and I’ve already selected a piece of cloth which I will use.

Just gonna buy a belt and then just sew together the fastening pieces.

I am also working on getting into the mind of Ares, and figure out what rituals to go through every morning and night.

Gonna get to work on the amulet tomorrow as well.

3 Likes

Bought most things now, but hit a snack when ordering military pants, boots, and a new backpack.

I CAN manage without, but my current military backpack is green, and I want a black one for greater cohesion.
My current footwear is a pair of old sneakers, and my pants are absolutely devastated from years of abuse, but they are black military pants as well, so I figure I could try patch them together again.

Bought a belt for the waistcloth, as well as a decorative piece that I will line the bottom with.

Tomorrow I will get to work on the amulet.

2 Likes

Most of the work done on the amulet, almost done, just gonna treat it with acid for that ancient look.

1 Like

Has he given you energy yet?

Interesting you ask this, because despite not starting invoking yet, I have had bursts of energy merely from working with the preparations.

2 Likes

I was born “Aresian” there is endless energy for those who please him

So this just arrived in the mail, gonna add it to my jacket as a badge of commitment.

Death rather than dishonour

This quote have been stuck in my head for weeks, a great quote about the relationship of righteous pride, honour, and that life without it is a dangerous and pointless state for the warrior archetype.

A warrior have a yearning for conflict, knowing that it is through conflict that change occurs, that one more desirable outcome is worth fighting for.
The archetype of the warrior is not exclusive to the soldier (and not all soldiers are warriors, some are just armed peasants), and can take many forms.
There are many types of warriors, and not every warrior have a moral code they follow, some are mere servants with no stronger will of their own than that found in ants, charging in for the offense or defense of its hive.
These Myrmidons can be found everywhere, they are people fighting for a cause without knowing why or what even is the outcome of the endgame.

I am not one of them, I fashion myself good soldier fighting for the elusive kingdom of my goddess.
Standing alone, outnumbered by the will of billions, often facing myself at odds with entire communities while having issues integrating myself into them well enough to gain allies, pressure can be overbearing.
There are times I lose morale, fall down, remain down for a good while, before getting back on my feet, or even my knees, to keep pushing forward.

But I have never abandoned my cause, this is because of no other force than the strongest one that is within me; honour.

To me, honour is the measurement of a person, its sole determination of worth.
A man, or woman, with no honour have no value to me, while a single warrior with a sense of honour is worth everything.

If I lose my honour, if the violation is grave enough, then surely, my life is completely forfeit, and I am not against the idea of seppukku.

Honour is the value of the righteous warrior of Elenye, it is the spirit of human martial worth, of dignity, and the path to glory.

Some utter fools consider honour a flaw, a limiter, the opposite of vain freedom, but they fail to understand…that honour is a focusing lens of raw spiritual power when expressed by a true warrior.

A warrior who loves honour, and is willing to fight, and die, for no other reason than for honour itself is a frightening force that only fools ignore.

Death before dishonour, my friends.

3 Likes

I see people that way too.
In my system, the Tree of Life is about honor. I would say that Ares would correspond to Geburah.

1 Like

The greatest challenge that I will ever bear will be to create magick with enough force to alter history and leaving a legacy to maintain its presence.

1 Like

The war I got to fight is the Holy War (NO, NO, NO, NOT ISLAM, NOT RELATED TO ISLAM IN ANY WAY), and I feel like I need to elaborate on its meaning.

When humans do war, they do it as an extension of politics, to secure land, resources, or the method of power they are convinced is the right.

My Goddess have taught me about the Holy War, and the distinction of politics between deities and the politics of humans.
Humans dream about the same things as they wage war for, and clinging to eternal life as well as the protection and abundance of heavenly abodes.

That is why we dream about Heaven, Valhalla, or whatnot.
I don’t believe in immortality, I believe our sense of self will die with our body…because that is what scientific deduction tells me.
I also don’t believe in the heavenly abode, as I believe we are bound to reincarnate.

I believe the heavenly abode is a construct to give us peace when we die.

I do, however, still believe in Heaven and Hell.
Right, “what the fuck…”, but hear me out.

When we do bad things, it bounces around and spread, some guy hurts another guy enough and he will be broken and wanting to hurt someone else, then that person hurt someone else who in turn hurts others by collateral or proxy.
Some people are just sadistic assholes by nature, enjoying the cries of pain from animals or other people.
Some others are cold-hearted psychopaths who can step on a baby if it means furthering their own goals.

Point is, what goes around, comes around, even a moron should be able to understand that, and yet humans fail to, which bothers me quite a lot.

That is where the distinction of Good and Evil comes in for me, where desirable actions are considered GOOD, because THEY FUCKING CONTRIBUTE TO A MORE WHOLESOME SOCIETY, SERIOUSLY, WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?! and undesirable actions SUCH AS ABUSING YOUR GIRLFRIEND UNTIL SHE KILLS HERSELF IS NOT MORALLY DEFENSIBLE, NEITHER IS RAPE, MURDER, OR TYRANNY, WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?! are considered evil.

Oh my, that have been boiling within me for some time. :heart:

So, good things are good, bad things are bad, get that?

Moving on, Virtue is the quality of doing good things, while Sin is the quality of doing bad things.
HOWEVER, Evil is considered much more powerful than Good, because Evil is eternal, while Good tends to wane much more than wax.
Good people get fucked over all the time, while bad people tend to prosper greatly.
Yea, I know, I can feel your eye-rolls, but there are good people and bad people in the world, everyone agrees to it, but few dare to say it.
I put on my devil’s advocate mask and people gonna hate me for defending the most vile actions people can think of.
That is how I learned about Good and Evil to begin with, not by studying the Bible, but by studying people, their interactions, their reactions, and their history.

Too many people are afraid of Truth, the abstract concept of Truth, not any particular truth.
All these qualities, Good and Evil, Truth and Lies, Virtue and Sin, are reduced to Light and Darkness, with Darkness always being the winner over Light, just as Lies always wins over Truth, and why Sin always win over Virtue.

We are all fucked in the end, because mankind never learns to be better, it rather pretend to be good, pretend to be honest, pretend to intelligent, or wise, angels, demons, and fuck it all.

Mankind is a spawn of Nature, the inevitable Darkness, with a gift of Divinity, the enduring Light.

To the very few of us that acknowledge Truth and search apotheosis through ascension, we are an ever dying breed that just refuse to completely snuff out.

I am really good at what I do, my Goddess made me her Avatar and certified divine powerhouse.
I create structure where there is chaos, I dismantle failed designs and improve upon the foundations.

I AM a god among men.

Where is the “Holy War” you ask?

See, War is politics, among men, it is about space, resources, and power.
To deities, War is all about having one concept survive or subdue another concept.

It is the dance of nature, how fire struggle to burn when you apply water.
Too little water will just become steam, but sufficient bombardment of water will snuff out the fire.
Just as enough fire snuff out air (by kamikaze) or how a tiny fire could ruin an entire forest.

It is just the causological nature of things that one thing leads to another, then another, then another.

The Holy War of the Elenye is to ensure that the Light NEVER dies, that it endures everything and anything thrown at it.

It is an unending war, because, to quote myself, “…such is the human nature, that the holy war will never end”.

To properly fight an unending war we must learn to treat it as a lifestyle, and that is why I invite Ares to lend his energies to bolster my fighting will.

There are seven billion people in the world, and there is only one known Elenyeri in the world.
Seven billion to one, and most people that know of my cause either harbour suspicion, disdain, or apathy towards me.

This planet is the Garden of Eden, it is the Jewel of the Gods, and I will shake its foundations if I need to.

1 Like

Angry posting is good posting here, gotta let it out, gotta reconnect with suppressed emotions.

1 Like

Will repurpose this altar to accomodate Ares.
It needs to be tidied up, as you can see. :smiley:

6 Likes

My statue of Ares arrived today, I now have everything I need to start invoking on Tuesday.

2 Likes