Are you guys afraid of not being able to banish a Demon?

I’m new to the forum and I’m a novice to the LHP. I think the biggest concern I have had was using a Sigil and then not being able to banish the demon. I have a ton of respect for this process and all of you in this chat room. I’m loving the courses but would love to hear your thoughts on what you’ve experienced with banishing and getting over the initial fear of turning the key to enter the universe of this amazing path. Thanks guys! Can’t wait to hear about some of your amazing experiences and any advice you could give me.
Cheers!

Dive in.

That is how I got over it. I was scared to call my first demon and to a point I still am, but one can only overcome fear when one confronts it.

Well let me back up a bit, yes I would say that you do need to have the basics down (meditation, visualization, banishing…etc.) and you want to understand your place in your own cosmology. Are you an agent of the Most High and thus are you going to use all the godnames to compel the spirit? Or are you a demonalator and you believe that either worshipping or treating them with respect will gain their favor, or are you a left had path magician and you believe in doing empowering rituals to realize your own godhood and thus your ability to control demons?

After that you either have divine authority from the Most High, a great relationship with the demon, or your own godhood. Then dive in.

With me it is a mix of all three. Hecate is my “Most High” and I act with Her protection, I make offerings to spirits I work with because I want them to want to work with me, and I do a lot of empowering rituals so I can stand on my own two legs.

Hope this helps,
Orismen

1 Like

Look at it this way… the worst thing that can happen is you get eaten by an elder god.

1 Like

And that is actually the plan, so happy feeding. lol

Joking aside, I stood a lot of time with an angry demon on my back due to stupidity and the ignoracne towrads banishing.

It is good to learn to properly banish, but is foolish to be afraid of the possibility that will not work, because it weak your intent, fear works against you.

To get rid of an entity I have to perform daily banishing, cleansing, etc, etc and only now that I’ve been working with my patrons the thing is getting lose and lazy in its haunting.

So the learning of this tale is… learn to banish, but if is not good, you won’t die… or at least it will take some time, enough for you to get help.

Take Epic’s advice. Fear creates failure, it’s the nature of the beast.

If you respect the creature, and treat it like an equal (and are relatively strong enough to actually do so), then you should have no problem. But that’d take a lot of preparation.

If you think it could harm you, bring St. Mikey into the picture. He provides nice shielding, and for relatively little. If you don’t evoke him, you don’t really need to give him anything but energy. Which is a sweet deal.

Invest in building yourself a suit of Magical Armor, and a Weapon. Mine took relatively little time to form, but that’s probably because my first few magical experiences were rife with hostile dealings with spirits. Generally you won’t be able to combat a powerful demon, but a rowdy little spirit can be carved up.

You’re a White Mage, so I presume you wouldn’t want to call on the Black Sun for advice.

If you fail to banish one, keep it occupied astrally. Never let your guard down, and always blast energy towards it. My first real battle lasted about a week of back and forths.

Don’t sweat it. If it starts to ruin your life, I’ll give you the advice I give everyone: Enlist forum members. We’re generally wanting to save our own kind from death.

Sometimes fear is a good thing, can keep you alive. It’s possible to not fear something that can harm or kill you. In my experience fear is caused by some (real or imagined) negative consequences and bringing attention to it consciously or subconsciously.

Two ways to deal with fear;

One, step into the fear and face it directly, learn the truth of what you fear, and the fear will be transformed to knowledge.

Two, direct your mind in such a way that fear does not manifest for you. Be careful with this method since fear can be useful sometimes. ie. adrenaline to stay alive, etc.

When I first considered stepping into the Right Hand Path, having come from a devout christian background I believed I would be damned to hell and tortured for eternity. I decided having occult knowledge was more important than my own soul. You have to be willing to pay the price for what you want. Most everyday fears people have are based on beliefs that simply are not true, and will be seen as such once they are confronted.

Like Sevarn304 says. There are people willing to help you if you need it. Go for it, you are more knowledgeable and powerful than you know, you just don’t know it yet.

1 Like

I come from a crazed Christian background that thinks the occult is insane and has to do only with demons and the belief that my soul needs to be “given up to God” when I die, and that I will “account for my sins”. I was threatened with psych wards, excommunication… even though my mother’s family has been in tune with white magic for over a century.

I kept it under the covers. And now, I’m sending them to sleep as a vampire. Overcome your background, it’s a chain. We all need to break it sometime.

Those things always need your energy to be able to interfer in your sphere. The firsttwo/three things a magician have to learn is: get your thoughts under control, get your feelings under control, get your animalistic urges under control.

As soon as you have problems cut your thoughts towards this thing (ie. cut the energy you supply it with). It will vanish. Also if you have low vibrating energys around you just focus love on them. They cant stand the higher vibration for too long and will leave. Probably more soon than later.

Hate/Fear is the energy they live by so dont provide them with it. For you are god himself. They cant do anything to you if you dont allow them to. Bad imginations + fear = lost battle. Good imagination (a ball of bright blue/white light around you and a laser beam towards the entity)+ love = win.

Doubt is poison to this kind of warefare. No operation will work with doubt. You need to get rid of it.

2 Likes

[quote=“sinisterj, post:1, topic:2469”]I’m new to the forum and I’m a novice to the LHP. I think the biggest concern I have had was using a Sigil and then not being able to banish the demon. I have a ton of respect for this process and all of you in this chat room. I’m loving the courses but would love to hear your thoughts on what you’ve experienced with banishing and getting over the initial fear of turning the key to enter the universe of this amazing path. Thanks guys! Can’t wait to hear about some of your amazing experiences and any advice you could give me.
Cheers![/quote]

The point of magick and opening a “circle” or ritual in however way you do so, is to reinstate the fact that within the circle, within ritual, you are the only god that is, the only god that will ever be, etc. etc.
Therefore, once you have this mindset, all beings you call/summon accept you as your master and will listen to you and do as you say – this however doesn’t mean you should order them around, would you treat your slave poorly? No! If you do, then maybe you should be afraid because only when the masters are assholes do the slaves strike back.
So no there is no reason to be afraid of not being able to banish anything once you know that you are god.

"Dive in.

That is how I got over it. I was scared to call my first demon and to a point I still am, but one can only overcome fear when one confronts it."

I agree with Orismen.

Confront what you fear and allow the fear to overcome you. Your heart may race, you may sweat, or gasp for air, but when you realize you are not being harmed (make a protective circle before doing any ritual or evocation work) your mind will slowly start to accept what you fear as being, not so bad after all. Just make sure you learn how to close the sigil after you finish your work. The demons expect fear from us, as we are not used to seeing anything in a physical presence other than other human beings, and the demons know this.

1 Like

I don’t really know exactly how to help you (since I’m new to all of this as well) other than working with the grand demon Martal. EA describes him as responsible for initiation, so basically he can guide you in your initiation as a magician, providing knowledge and so forth.

I summoned him with his sigil, and things are going perfect now. I really mean it. It’s been years now that I wanted to actually practice things I read from books and the internet, but couldn’t because I live with my christian family, so there was no safe way to do any if this.

Eventually, I got to the point that I believed only through magick I could change my life the way I wanted it, so after feeling lost for so long I urged to open this demon’s sigil, I did it with all my heart, by gazing into it, relaxing, once it was charged I didn’t even use an incantation it was a prayer, a very sincere one since I was desperate for change.

As it turns out, I managed to acquire all the tools I’m going to need, overcame my fears of getting caught, and even incense burning is going to be allowed in here, something I’d never imagine…

This may sound a bit stupid especially for the more experienced ones here, I can understand that, but really…all this family thing, keeping things secret was (still is a bit) exhausting and made things just WAY out of my comfort zone…it was that much of a challenge to me, honestly.

So yeah, Martal rules! It was that meaningful to me what’s happening, things are flowing and I’m getting the knowledge and the privacy I wanted and needed so much. I definitely recommend working with this demon.

I think there is a misconception here. Once you call a demon for a working, you CAN’T banish it – not really. This is the case because the very act of successfully calling a demonic entity into your presence requires your energy to take one that entity’s characteristics; think of it as a sort of “possession-lite.” You obviously can’t “banish” that entity afterwards any more than you can “banish” an aspect of yourself. You can, however, change your own energy over time to where it is no longer aligned with that entity, but that would defeat the entire purpose of whatever path-working you are trying to accomplish. Why would you want to do that?

“The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive” -Carlos Castaneda