Are You Ever Afraid of Losing Your Mind by Practicing Occult?

I’ve lost my mind, has anyone seen it? I thought I left it on my sleeve with my heart but it’s not there, oh wait! There it is! Right in the gutter where I last left it!

4 Likes

It is only when you lose your mind when you actually learn something useful.

1 Like

As Captain Barbosa says, “For sure, you have to be lost to find something what can´t be found.”

2 Likes

All the time. I was scared as hell. All I was doing was thinking of the demons I work with. Just on and on. Was obbsessed with them. Thier enns, testamonials of people who worked with them just flashing in my head. Had many sleepless nights. All I needed to do was let go. Let the thoughts flow. They did flow to wherever they wanted and I got my sleep back.

3 Likes

I don’t think I am scared myself… however I do know people who triggered mental illness with tbh what sounds identical to a kundalini awakening and I do struggle to understand why when someone experiences mania they don’t just manifest everything they want since surely they are on such a high uninhibited vibe at that moment? Now and then I ponder on this

All the time.

I never really worried about it, and then one day I happened to me. Admittedly I went and did something that is above and beyond what most people here are trying to accomplish and do, but as I go over the “timeline” of events, I can only wonder if I was losing my mind anyway before I began the operation.

Well I’m already a weirdo even before I started the occult so I don’t think practicing occult can make me more crazy lol but all jokes aside if you think practicing occult can make you lose your mind then aren’t people who are praying in the church or the priest doing the holy mass is crazy too? I don’t think just cause anyone is praticising something spiritual they can go crazy, whatever belief system they may have. if we balance our mundane life with our spiritual life instead of fully immersing yourself into the spirituality where you don’t even let yourself be grounded then it might make you look delusional to other people (or maybe go crazy idk) so having a balance can help alot just sayin.

1 Like

Personally no, I believe you can approach the occult in a few ways either with a rational questioning mind, with a mind that’s too open, or a completely closed mind.

I like to think my mind is always questioning, seeking confirmation, combining academic research with experiences. Of course I have found myself questioning to a point of being annoyed with myself but maybe that’s a necessary issue to take in.

But with seeing many people lose their mind while doing this I find the little issues to avoid when diving further into the occult.

3 Likes

I agree :slight_smile:
You said it much more better than me lol

1 Like

I was afraid of that in the beginning. The reason I started practicing was because I hit my lowest low, and I would have done anything to feel happiness again. My poor mental health opened me up to a lot of parasitic activity and with my lack of grounding, I truly thought I had lost my mind for a little while. I also paired my practice with hefty amounts of drugs and alcohol.

Honestly, if that shit didn’t make me lose my mind completely, I don’t know if anything can 🤷 everything I did, I did haphazardly and with no concern for my well-being. I took zero precaution and did not practice good spiritual hygiene at all.

Nowadays, I keep a healthy amount of skepticism and make sure to question the validity of everything I experience, such as making sure I’m not talking to a thoughtform or parasite.

I banish and clear my room daily, I take a spiritual cleansing bath with salt, herbs, and visualization techniques once a week, I try to go outside and ground myself in nature once a day, I participate in mundane life, I meditate daily and make sure I am doing the best things I can for myself such as sleeping enough, exercising, eating healthy, and socializing.

I don’t let myself fall back into unhealthy habits, so I do not fear going crazy.

2 Likes

So proud of you ^-^
See? If you keep at it then you won’t have to worry about going insane also yes mental issues can attract parasites I have heard so I’m glad to hear your working on your mental health too as I’m working with mine too.

1 Like

Aw thank you :slight_smile: it’s extremely important to be consistent when you are working on your mental health, and it isn’t easy, so I’m proud of you too.

1 Like

Aww thank you :blush:
Btw Merry Christmas

1 Like

We all are wanderers in this world,Most of us even started magick because of our desperation and then we became addicted to it when you live your godhood then you use your magick as a tool in your ascend and in your life because magick can be your best friend.

You dont have to be like other people, you need to live your life and even if you go crazy then you will go for a purpose because this madness that you can experience in the abyss is the dissolution of your past self and then finding what you intent to become in this world because you werent brought here like a box that you need to open and there’s your best self but you are here so remake yourself from eternity,not what you want but be pure of your essence.

Godhood is Spreading and Expanding yourself,Expanding the Empire and even The Gods Ascend so do you.

2 Likes

I am not afraid of losing my mind. I have never been stronger.

I am, however, afraid to explain my experiences to nonpagans for fear of being deemed crazy.

2 Likes

I lost my mind LONG before seriously practicing the occult.

My mind is in perfect shape

6 Likes

Why would I care about what a bunch of NPCs think? I’m happy and that’s all that matters to me.

Mind is what the brain does. I am not so much worried about losing my mind than worried about my brain being poorly constructed in the first place.