Are you a member of an order?

I keep being drawn to the GD but I’m torn as to how much I would really get out of it. It sounds promising but the website kind of reminds me of a sales pitch and I wonder how much it would really change my life.

If anyone is do you mind sharing what you get out of it? More than can be found in books?

Brotherhood.

1 Like

I always debated on joining an order, but then I find I’m someone who would never waste money on information that could be gained free elsewhere. I was taught never to pay to be taught something I can get elsewhere for free. People tend to spend thousands of dollars to be taught something they may or may not incorporate into their path.

3 Likes

Joined OAA at 16. Had a coven at one time. Found out I don’t like having people
tell me what to do…or telling others what to do, myself.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t want to be apart of any club that would accept me as a member lol.

2 Likes

Thule Initiate… . . .

In the past I wanted to join OTO, but the local people from that order have given me a very bad impression.

1 Like

At one time I was obsessed with joining orders. I thought that I could finally learn powerful magick there, see and hear spirits, and finally get my life on track and figure out what I was supposed to do. The trouble was I had already figured out what I was supposed to do, but I lacked both the courage, and any idea as to how I was to go about doing it. I went to some OTO meetings, but decided I didn’t want to throw everything else in my life away to join an order that was of questionable values.
I wanted a religion, I wanted “someplace to belong and a group of people to belong to.” Then, one day I got the courage to summon Belial with the help of some information from this forum. Unlike some of the other demons, I can’t believe how anti-religious that guy actually is, like wow.

I am, but it’s not considered a magical order in any way. Nonetheless, I’ve had some truly uncanny magical moments while performing the rites of the Order of the Eastern Star. I’ve attended Eastern Star events that were completely unremarkable, and others where the energy was like a raging wildfire. I’ve been to meetings where the most exciting part of the event was the stale potato chips served afterward, and others where my hair nearly stood up on end from the psychic energy. No, my fellow members don’t know I’m into magick. They don’t need to. I know the magick is there, and that’s enough for me.

1 Like

GD? You mean D. Griffin and friends? Yeah… no.

I’m a Master Freemason, and invested 32 degree Scottish Rite. I feel the same regarding my rites as you do with Eastern Star. Freemasonry is, currently at least, the Mother of all initiatory Orders… OTO is a child of Masonry for example. For those that seek the esoteric wisdom, there is a lot involved and some requires deep delving. There aren’t many of us that seek that wisdom, but we are around. There is a lot there, especially in the appendant orders like York and Scottish Rites, Eastern Star, and even Shrine.

I have recently had an interest in exploring OTO. Have a good friend involved there, but I have found that they are very anti-Mason…

2 Likes

I’ve ran with both a coven on one period of time and a kindred in another (not exactly an order but similiar experience I can imagine). Both were helpful in bringing a sense of brotherhood and the networking needed to help find mentors or sources of information. The drawback is if you decide to wander outside of the group’s preferences, which may or may not be accepted by the group depending on the individuals. I was not lucky both times

Yeah I meant Golden Dawn - I believe I can probably find the information they teach through books and currently I’m just testing out NAP. I think power is what attracts me and there seems to be people here who have discovered power without joining any specific order.

I’ve not yet got any results to report - I mean I feel things during a ritual but I’m not yet seen any impact on reality but it will maybe take a while and I will stick with it.

Interesting posts on freemasonry and eastern star - I have always believed there was an esoteric side to it but not being a member its hard to know

I went to a talk by Amorc once but I left fairly disappointed if I’m honest - and reading through the material I felt it was just self hypnosis into a cult (could be wrong)