Are there any circles in London, UK

Hi everyone, i was wondering, well more hoping there is any circles or groups that are working together to attain power and knowledge as i would like to join a group like this, or start one in the East London area of the UK… Thanks

1 Like

Maybe you should begin with stopping calling them Dark Circles! If the’y exist, they won’t knock on your door with you calling them “dark”.

Not sure who is around these days. Although I’m in Bedfordshire. Not sure about being able to get down to East London, but might be interesting in collaborating in some way.

1 Like

Well, as a matter of fact, I live in Barking, so I know that none of us here would be glad to be called “a Dark group”. What is pejoratively ‘dark’ to one, is a serious religious, spiritual pursuit to another, or to us Eastenders in particular…
Now tell me exactly the extend of your interest. Don’t send any private message to me for now. I am sure others would like to know, in case the same question is addressed to them.

Well me saying dark circle just shows I am a newbie and changed it as soon as Milla said i shouldnt call them that, so thanks for that advice Milla, I just picked that up from watching E.A’s Mastering Evocation, when he says he was part of you could call a dark circle so I just made a beginners mistake. What i’m looking for is a group to help each other with evocations etc. a group on the same path working together really. I am sorry for my beginners mistake though everyone i do feel foolish.

Everyone uses different language for this stuff - I was going to reply the only dark circles I know of are the ones under my eyes after an all-nighter, but didn’t! :slight_smile:

Have you tried meetup.com, they have a lot going on in London, things like meditation groups and so on where you could meet and network, if you have a few quid to spare you could even start your own group.

Meetup.com has a feature I think where you type in an interest you’d like to be informed about when a new group starts in your area, and it gives you a stat for how many other members have also registered to be notified when that interest group begins.

Also there are events at Watkins books, and there’s Treadwells, Atlantis books, even Mysteries might know of something magickal and then you could ask round in the groups who’s into the darker stuff?

What about British occult bloggers - if you find an active blog, drop a courtesy line to the owner asking if they have any suggestions, things like that. Maybe start commenting on a few blogs and get known, see who talks to you or shares your interests. And if you have Facebook, do the same, but post a few comments and not just a “would like to meet” so people can get to know you a little bit.

Also did you check the Pagan Federation out? They do all kinds of different events, it might be worthwhile going to a few events and seeing who you click with and then taking the initiative, instead of hoping something already exists.

Me and my sweetie are both pretty anti-social with regards to meeting other magicians face-to-face, but in London there are BOUND to be other people, probably also active within more mainstream stuff, who will either know about something or be interested in joining in if you started something new.

Oh and don’t forget to include chaos magick events and people, they often like a bit of darker magick without making a big deal of it.

Welcome to the club!

No need to feel foolish - we’ve all got to break a few eggs to make an omlette…

I lurke in sarf london btw…

I have always been a loner, mostly, in my work in England. But it was a little different in my childhood.
I would not mind being part of such a group now. My problem is some nasty piece of work joining, in later at some time, and for a reason or another, proceeding to spill the beans to all and sundry and making the lives of all members impossible in the neighbourhood we’ve lived all our lives.
That is what has stopped me from starting a group of magicians myself. But being part of a group, a sincere Magick group, with members watching each other’s backs would be absolutely great.

1 Like

You could ask a spirit to be the overall guardian of the group, many demons have “invisibility” as part of their description, and you could bid them to make your group invisible to all such people, and also to generally protect you.

That has to be why invisibility is such a staple in the grimoires, back when it was even more dangerous than today to be outed as a magician.

[quote=“Milla, post:8, topic:5904”]I have always been a loner, mostly, in my work in England. But it was a little different in my childhood.
I would not mind being part of such a group now. My problem is some nasty piece of work joining, in later at tsome time, and for a reason or another, proceeding to spill the beans to all and sundry and making the lives of all members impossible in the neighbourhood we’ve lived all our lives.
That isd what has stopped me from starting a group of magicians myself. But being part of a group sincere Magick group, with members watching each other’s backs would be absolutely great.[/quote]

I’m not adverse to meeting up with like minded souls in the future. I’m always put off by magick groups because of the thought of (male) egos kicking in.

Shall we say that I’m not without resource if trouble starts…

I also have a small cellar (MUHAHAHAHAHA) for rituals but come with sceptical wife baggage!