Are pendulums legit?

a friend of mine (white priestess and witch) seems to think that pendulums only tell you what you want to hear. regardless of if its true. and recently iv noticed that its been saying a lot of things i want to hear. any thoughts? would a pendulum tell the truth if i didn’t like it? is it a bad idea to rely on them? any other notes? what do you think?

5 Likes

Practice, get used to what feels like your conscious mind’s desires versus your inner intuition.

I use pendulums more than almost any other tool and I rate them highly, but there’s a price to be paid of working through your own mental clutter.

Other tools, such as I Ching, don’t have that risk. In any event I recommend using more than one method for a serious question.

11 Likes

thank you

2 Likes

You have to do it with a clear mind. Any of the ideomotor forms of divination come with the issue of, yes it can be manipulated, intentionally or unintentionally. but i agree with Lady_eva, When in doubt i usually reach for a pendulum first

7 Likes

She may be saying that they’re easy to push, which would make them seem to say what you want. IMO, that makes them even better for practicing the clear mind stuff that Lady Eva speaks of

2 Likes

Totally. They’re as legit as many other methods. Although they’re a bit harder to work with if you don’t know what you’re doing, especially alone, since they are sensitive (especially the ones with crystals).

6 Likes

@boredomkill5 and how can it be manipulated exactly? Could you explain cause it’s a question I’m asking myself a lot with tarot

@Lady_Eva how about tarot? Would you say that it’s reliable?

1 Like

Tarot IMO depends on the user’s ability to filter out wishful thinking, again, because unlike the I Ching or Book Of Fate, it doesn’t give answers, just symbols, which the reader interprets.

It’s a powerful tool in the right hands, but with all methods, keep a log of your readings and review for accuracy, also watch for cards you may like (3 Swords looks very “rock n’ roll” in the Rider-Waite deck f’instance) but which carry negative meanings, in other words the cards may be saying “STOP!” but you’re not reading them right, because the symbol used in that deck doesn’t mean the same to you as to the artist and creators.

(It’s POSSIBLE the cards will adapt to your meanings over time, but you need to have some cards that say “BAD IDEA, do not pursue” so that you’re not just wishful-thinking your way through every single spread.)

4 Likes

@Lady_Eva I see, but with me it’s the opposite, it doesn’t give me granted wishes, it gives me nightmares. It once told me one of my pets was dead (they were away from me in clinic) while they were still perfectly alive! I’ve asked several times (not only with tarot but also with oracle) and it assured me my pet was dead! So how can we explain that?

3 Likes

Strong emotion in the reader can affect the cards, some old-school readers never read for themselves, because the strength of your emotion (as an aspect of the All, a small co-creator of the cosmos) is strong enough to affect what should only be picking up psychic “weather” of the larger cosmos.

5 Likes

@Lady_Eva that means your higher self can be influenced?

1 Like

Not HS so much as the you sitting there doing the reading, which is what everything else is kind of filtered through.

It’s like having a tank full of clean pure water that comes direct from a health-giving well, but if the last bit of pipe before the tap is rusty, that last bit affects everything that comes out.

4 Likes

Then the friend isn’t holding still enough and is broadcasting into it.
This is why the OAA course teaches about making an astral pendulum that you can use stealthfully.
Now that the OAA book is an inexpensive pdf … it is the steal of the century.

3 Likes

oaa?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, and not sure if mentioned already. How you influence a pendulum or any of the ideometer methods of divination is to project the desired outcome into it. this can be done intentionally or unintentionally by really wanting the outcome to be a specific way, esentially sending that message of “I really need this to say Yes” to your subconscious which in turn gives you a yes reply through the pendulum. As lady_eva said , the tarot too can be influenced, if to a lesser degree, by strong emotions and a need to see a certain outcome.

any divination needs to be started with clearing the mind and meditating for these reasons :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have used pendulum and Ouija board. One afternoon got an expected answer, ‘Britain’. I figured it was my subconscious mind moving the pendulum. About 24 hours later did it again, but this time I turned the board sideways or upside down. Sure enough I got a different answer, ‘United Kingdom’.

Al.

3 Likes
1 Like

@Uncle-Al Many people use the terms United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England interchangeably so did it really make a difference if it said Britain or UK?

1 Like

An occult author proposed a “magical science” version of seances/automatic writing (using incense, colored light etc.). Since some esoterists had bias towards dowsing, a similar thing could be tried, although it may as well be not necessary.

2 Likes

Yes, in as much as the board wasn’t positioned the same way, thereby ruling out subconscious movement. Also, as the letters ‘U’ and ‘N’ and ‘I’ were being chosen I just knew that it was my subconscious that had lost its way with a rearranged board. Then I realised.

I use a consecrated Seal beneath the board when using it.

Al.

3 Likes