Are Lady Lilith and Kali the same?

Just curious to know if Lady Lilith and Kali are same personifications.

No. Not remotely.

3 Likes

This answer can get very complicated depending on how much you want to dig around and smoosh spirits together. Both Lilith and Kali are part of the Divine Feminine as its own current. Most spirits are their own thing, even if later they were merged or absorbed into others. Some overlap and switch back and forth, others remain separate. It get convoluted from there.

My advice is to address each spirit separately unless you are told by that spirit to use another name. Kali is Kali, Lilith is Lilith. Each is a remarkably complicated spirit on their own and you could work with each daily for the rest of your life and still not understand them completed.

6 Likes

Ask what each of them stand for, what their characteristics are, what tales exist… This is how you can find out if they incarnate the same aspect under different names. They got things in common. In the end it is your personal decission whether or not you view them as different goddesses.

I’ve been listening to Lilith chant and trying to get in touch with her, not sure if I’ve made any progress at all because I am a total newbie. However what I noticed is that I also chant “Aum, Kleem, Hreem, Shreem, AAIIM” mantras and I am trying to meditate for at least like 24 minutes a day. I noticed that more recently I started seeing Kali images, now I come from a hindu family and the other day we I had a discussion with a close friend of mine about Kali and Lilith. So, not sure if my mind is playing games from my pre-conceived notions or if there is a genuine connection and while I tried to understand this, I also came across the thought of maybe Kali and Lilith are the same and hence this thread.

2 Likes

Only by humans who feel they are. It’s not uncommon for we as humans to try and find a common thing within deities and write them off as the same. Of course there’s cases where they are the same like the Greek and Roman gods, or the brothers of Loki are really just epithets of Odin and Lodurr and Ve are just other names of Loki. However to me Lilith and Kali are no where near the same in energies or personality. However they can be considered the same to some and if it aids ones progress in thinking they are I don’t think they’d mind.

1 Like

@anon48079295: That’s a really nice response. I genuinely think it is because of my pre-conceived notions and that is what I think is truly happening.

2 Likes