Are Kali and Freya primordial?

I’m curious about this, something tells me kali is a primordial, but what about Freya?

2 Likes

It definitely applies to Kali, I have no contact with Freya so I have nothing to report about her.

4 Likes

@Twilight_Dragon thoughts?

1 Like

Kali is primordial, void itself is the heart of Mahakali. This is the primordial indian goddess especially as Mahakali. Freya is the archetype of the völva in the Ynglinga Saga so I assume that we can consider her primordial as she hold here the Seidr current.She has many similarities with Lilith, you can make some research to find them (untamed and wild feminine force)…

4 Likes

It depends on the person’s beliefs or gnosis

Kali if we go via the Shakti or Shiva and Shakti branches of Hinduism then she is a primordial but not by Vedic accounts if I remember. My experiences with her were very brief but I’d say her energy is more similar to Sekhmet or a milder form of Tiamat.

Freya like someone mentioned though Seidr is a primordial. They say the Vanir predate the Aesier as well so there’s that. In my experience Freya is a far more ancient deity and more on par with Aset or Ishtar.

So to answer your question, it depends. I do consider Freya a primordial.

3 Likes

Primoridial currents run through everything, so trying to trace them back is a bit pointless. It will result in a “hit” every time. It’s why the CURRENT is primordial. Not the God/dess manifestation of it. Why? Because the manifestation is a form of Order beyond the basic order of chaos. What we interact with is steps (several) above it.

1 Like

Short answer; yes.

1 Like