Are Abaddon and The Jesus of Nazareth characters in the Bible the same person?

I want to know!!

I respect the fact that you Guys are experts that is why i am asking?

Is the Angel of Revelation 9:11 The man The crucified Messiah in The Gospel of Mathew 16:18

Christ the Savior and Abaddon the Destroyer.

I am pretty sure that they are not the same person for a couple of reasons. Jesus, or Yeshua, may or may not have existed, he may be a legend designed to pacify the masses. Where as Abaddon destroys the masses.

I will have to look up the scriptural references you made and see if I can see why you drew the conclusion that they are one and the same.

No. Abaddon is a demon. Jesus is a celestial entity.

2 Likes

Ah screw 'em both. For all we know, some cosmic god split into two halves and made them both.

Looking for something else, I just found this on Wikipedia:

Gnostic Texts

In the 3rd century Acts of Thomas, Abaddon is the name of a demon, or the Devil himself.

Abaddon is given particularly important roles in two sources, a homily entitled “The Enthronement of Abbaton” by pseudo-Timothy of Alexandria, and the Apocalypse of Bartholomew.[8] In the homily by Timothy, Abbaton was first named Muriel, and had been given the task by God of collecting the earth which would be used in the creation of Adam. Upon completion of this task, the angel was then named to be guardian. Everyone, including the angels, demons, and corporeal entities, felt fear of him. Abbaton engaged in prayer and ultimately obtained the promise that any men who venerated him during their lifetime stood the chance of being saved. Abbaton is also said to have a prominent role in the Last Judgement, as the one who will take the souls to the Valley of Josaphat.[8] He is described in the Apocalypse of Bartholomew as being present in the Tomb of Jesus at the moment of his resurrection.[9]

(And)

Jehovah’s Witnesses

Jehovah’s Witnesses also hold that Abaddon is not satanic, but another name of the resurrected and enthroned Jesus Christ, noting that “at Revelation 20:1-3 the angel having “the key of the abyss” is shown to be God’s representative from heaven, and rather than being “satanic,” he binds and hurls Satan into the abyss.”[15][16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon#Gnostic_Texts

Dunno if it’s relevent but is this where you got the idea from. JLoA?

1 Like

Abaddon is actually one of the names of God. I don’t know where that demon came from.

1 Like

I call bullshit. Provide proof.

Huh? Seriously? Let me see. The Zohar and The Greater Key of Solomon. Have fun.

Also Aba - union of Father and Son; ON - name of God

1 Like

Provide exact pages for the Zohar and the key.

Your etymology is incorrect:
, from Hebrew Abhaddon “destruction,” from abhadh “he perished.” The Greek translation is Apollyon, which translates as destroyer.