Ardeth Traditional ritual framework

pp. 188

"Does it really matter, in the final analysis, what tradition(s) we employ? Yes of course, because our ceremonial tradition sets the entire tone of our magickal working. "

Is anyone working within the Ardeth tradition and can describe more about their system? For example, which cultural traditions are dominant? Is there an emphasis on Roman magic, Runes, or Renaissance?

thanks in advance

1 Like

I used to involved mysef with the book “Ardeth” during one year. That’s a good book , I don’t deny it, and it’s a system so you will be able to see your progress with it.That something rare with the vampiric stuff were most of the time you ride alone with few names of entities.
Ardeth uses the Goetic system , placing the Demon Bune , here called Bime as a kind of vampiric patriarch. They also take the presupposed that the world is ruled by a secret elite of vampires dedicated to Bune.
That look a bit fantasist to me. But the magickal system in itself works well.

1 Like

[quote=“Narcissus, post:2, topic:1662”]I used to involved mysef with the book “Ardeth” during one year. That’s a good book , I don’t deny it, and it’s a system so you will be able to see your progress with it.That something rare with the vampiric stuff were most of the time you ride alone with few names of entities.
Ardeth uses the Goetic system , placing the Demon Bune , here called Bime as a kind of vampiric patriarch. They also take the presupposed that the world is ruled by a secret elite of vampires dedicated to Bune.
That look a bit fantasist to me. But the magickal system in itself works well.[/quote]

This is an accurate description of the book, however, I can say many of the traditions go far beyond, and the author even makes mention of an object by how it was known to people of the far east centuries ago. You really should take a reference list of resources in the book, it’s filled with some very useful and informative ones, and the author is quite gifted at hunting this information down.

What you have to realize about this book is what it actually is, admittedly there is a lot of “channeled” material in the book, and if you have to ask who is being channeled, I’d like to remind you that it’s no happy coincidence the demon being channeled is also guiding vampire elites across the world, and I’ll remind you once again he’s also the one “writing” part of this book…So a healthy skepticism about that being’s claims to greatness may be in good order if you are going to be reasonable.

However, the techniques in the book show up in many cultures, and masters of occult knowledge have demonstrated some of this themselves in periods of history in the Mid East and East…Making the origins of knowledge a little tricky to trace with any certainty. On top of that, I will say I found the structure of various organizations mentioned in the book seem to be discussed rather accurately at times.

There’s a lot of real stuff in that book, some of it dates to truly ancient times if you make efforts to trace it back. The only thing I’d say is that that you should keep an open mind because the person who wrote that book obviously has an agenda, but they are also going over some very valid magick. It’s a seductive look at being a sociopath who treats people as resources the same way a farmer treats his greens. But the people who run such organizations look at their members this way, and in that sense it’s not a particularly glamorous way to be a slave and a resource to another…This sort of submission is hardly becoming of a master magician, for how can you master your own universe as the slave and chattel of another?

If you’d like my humble opinion on this, it’s like any other magickal book you read in this respect; you must find and take what works, and strip out the garbage philosophies that go with. These are often social control mechanisms that pay lip service to the people who think they control the world, much like how the grimores of old payed lip service to the Catholic Church…

It also gives you a good insight into minds of the leadership and concerns of major corporations, religions, and many popular political figures.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

1 Like