Archangel to help with learning language?

I was wondering if there is an archangel who is good with helping learning a language fast. I moved to a new country last year and am struggling to learn the local language. I am not naturally good in languages, have been taking classes, am aware of apps like duo lingo and have used them, but am so stumped when I hear someone speak that am unable to understand more than one or 2 words in a sentence. I really would like some supernatural help to speed up on this matter as it is crippling me on my fronts like socialization and jobs related as well. . I have read the Duchess Demoness Agares is good for learning languages. I was wondering if there is an angelic alternative.

2 Likes

Zadkiel in one of his aspects he is one of the leaders (next to Gabriel) of one of the 7 heavenly realms where the knowledge of humanity; languages included is said to be stored (I’ve projected there a few times) the realm is Zebul.

4 Likes

The archangels Uriel, Raziel, and Metatron can all help with learning. The demon Agares is also good for language learning.

For more mundane advice, having conversations with native speakers is by far the most effective way to improve your abilities. It especially helps to intentionally practice using new grammar structures, even if you stumble over your words a little and speak somewhat slowly. You’ll feel like a dumbass, but if you persist, this in my experience is the fastest way to improve and make things stick. Find some people who understand that you are learning the language and are cool with speaking simply and working with you on this. You’ll be surprised how well you are able to function once you become comfortable operating imperfectly in your target language.

It would also help if you used spaced-repetition flashcards. I prefer the app Anki, which you can use in your web browser or your phone. Memrise is more popular, but I prefer Anki’s simplicity. You should prompt yourself with the vocabulary word in your native language (or another language you know well) and try to recall the word in your target language (native language on the front, target language on the back). The app will remember if you answered correctly and will gradually increase the time between reviews. The first time you get it right, it will show it again the next day. Get it right again, and it will then show you two days later, then three days, four days, etc. This can also be used if you are learning a language like Chinese or Japanese with several thousand characters to memorize (and multiple readings per character). It may seem like a pain in the ass at first but this is the most powerful secret to learning and maintaining vocabulary and even grammar rules. Once you see how effective it is reviews will become your religion.

I would say that speaking and listening are the most important, but reading should also not be neglected. You should be able to challenge yourself with reading material that is at a higher level than you are able to speak. In case I need to say it, do not use google translate - it is trash. Use a dictionary (there are high quality ones available for free online). Use a grammar guide for grammar you do not understand. If you do not experience some difficulty with your reading material, it is time to find something more advanced that will challenge you. It would also help to occasionally write a brief (or not so brief) essay on material that you have read. Again you should aim to challenge yourself and use more advanced grammar and vocabulary than you do while speaking. Speaking will improve your spontaneity, but writing will expand your sentence structures and ability to think in more advanced patterns in your target language.

I would avoid apps like Duolingo. They really are not good for much. They appeal to people who like the idea of learning a language, but don’t want to put in the hours required to attain a real degree of proficiency. You have a huge advantage in that you are living in the country of the language you are learning. This immersion, when combined with diligent, intelligent work on your part, will make you improve way, way faster than would ever be possible for anyone living anywhere else. Your circumstances are not an obstacle - they are an opportunity that many would love to have.

2 Likes

Camael I believe can help as well, I think his work is of the mind

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I shall check out Anki. In my experience using Google translate was so helpful when I was on Tinder as it helped me communicate with local people and learn a lot of words that way. Even now when I want to understand an email or post that is sent I sometimes use google translate when I need to make sure that I understood it correctly or for quick translation when I dont have the time to read and understand myself.
Also I stay with a local family. But unfortunately they find it easier to talk to me in English hence their English is improving as they had a subject in school but my knowledge of their language is not. I agree listening is the most important skill. If you can understand what you listen you will be confident to speak it though it will be all broken, and you don’t need good grammar for the other person to understand you, as long as the important words are there they will understand what you mean to say. For now I really want to understand what I hear because that makes me very nervous to speak when I don’t understand what I hear. I am watching Netflix movies in the local language with subtitles in English which is helping a bit but its not enough for a conversation. I can understand simple sentences which are about 3 to 4 words long. But that is not enough at all for conversation and it makes me nervous when talking to locals, and it is the same with them to communicate with me as they are not confident or comfortable with English. I was also wondering if I should first contact a demon or angel alternate for confidence to talk to people like Ipos and then Agares or an angel alternate for the language learning.

1 Like

Google translate is better for some languages than others, but the less similar to English the worse it is. You could be getting terrible translations, and how would you ever know the difference at your level? Even if they are somewhat accurate, this is a crutch that is holding you back.

If you want to work with archangels, then I recommend Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand. The archangels I mentioned have powers related to learning, and Michael can help you overcome fear. There is a more advanced invocation ritual in the book which you can use with the archangel Kamael to take on the quality of genius, which you can apply to your language learning.

No. I should clarify. Speaking is by far the most important, not even close. You can watch netflix all day, but it’s not going to help you at all unless you are able to understand most of what is being said and can watch without subtitles. If I could just watch anime all day and get good then I’d be very good at Japanese by now. Listening exercises can help, but this sort of thing is just an easy excuse to not do any real studying. I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m trying to help you.

You’re just gonna have to suck it up and go talk to people. There is no way around this. I don’t care how nervous you are, if you never speak to people and make tons of mistakes you are never going to improve. You are going to sound like an academically challenged five year old (that’s being generous, honestly) and you need to be ok with that and laugh it off. Do a ritual with Michael and then just start doing it. Go to a bar or something and make yourself the intriguing foreigner who talks funny. This can work much better than you’d expect.

If you can it would be extremely helpful to join a language course or learning group of some kind with native speakers to practice with who can work with you at your current level and provide you with some structure and guidance. If your study routine right now consists of google translate and watching netfilx, I’ll just say that you have a long way to go. If you can’t do an in-person course, then find a good textbook series with audio-visual materials and work your way through it. You need to start gradually adding to your vocabulary and grammar while improving your overall comprehension and ability to operate in the language with ease. There is no way to do this other than putting in the hours to study and practice.

1 Like

Blockquote

Blockquote[quote=“shinri, post:6, topic:117740”]
Google translate is better for some languages than others, but the less similar to English the worse it is. You could be getting terrible translations, and how would you ever know the difference at your level? Even if they are somewhat accurate, this is a crutch that is holding you back.

If you want to work with archangels, then I recommend Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand. The archangels I mentioned have powers related to learning, and Michael can help you overcome fear. There is a more advanced invocation ritual in the book which you can use with the archangel Kamael to take on the quality of genius, which you can apply to your language learning.
[/quote]

I am learning one of the European languages which is close to the Cyrillic alphabet perhaps that’s why Google translate is more accurate. I use it when I don’t know a word to convey and then use the word given by the translator and the person immediately understands. There were times when the translator gave something completely off especially if the sentences were long and complicated. I always verify by translating it back to English and it was like what the heck is this, this is not what I meant. I have even translated my entire resume using Google translate , and I got it reviewed from couple of locals and they did some corrections, but it was largely ok. Its not a good idea to completely rely on it though, but its a good backup for emergency situations like when you are out and nobody around you knows English and you have to ask them something urgently but don’t have the words for it, or they tell you back something and you don’t understand it at the time, then google translate is a handy tool. I have used it when I did not know the way to a destination for instance and it was helpful for time being with asking for help.

I shall read “Archangels of Magick”. Thanks for the recommendation, I have heard about it and it was in my to get list. Is Kamael the same as Samael?

Yes I agree that just by listening alone I wont get far and I need to overcome my fear and speak it. Its just that when I start speaking and when I get a reply I don’t understand anything and become very nervous and the other person also senses this and gets uncomfortable and if they know English they try to talk in English, if not they try as much as possible to talk. I remember I dated a guy once briefly who knew like only 5% English and I knew only 5% of his language and it was fun, half the time communicating by actions and half the time through words that we knew. I thought it was so brave of him to go out on a date with me despite knowing the communication difficulties lol. But its really overwhelming to speak it, especially that once they speak back and you don’t have a clue of what they said and then you have to tell them to slow down, repeat, ugh… and by then I see they have lost interest or give me sympathetic look… I’ll read the Archangels of Magick book and evoke the archangels and see if they can give me some boost.

I am enrolled in a university and am currently in A2 level. Am staying with a local family. I guess I just need to force them to talk in their language I guess. We start off with the local language and then somewhere down then line when discussing complicated situations they switch to English and then I go with the flow and don’t switch back to Local

You’d be better off using the help of a demon or pagan spirit

1 Like

@NailOH Whats your reason for choosing a demon over an angel for this?

It will be easier