Applied for the JREF challenge

…got NO answer whatsoever at all in any way shape or form, period.

so much for THAT.

What is the JREF challenge?

Reading this I wondered to what that was (it seemed familiar) did a forum-search and found below:
[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/black-magick-the-left-hand-path/spell-spirit-for-haunting-a-person/msg8444/#msg8444]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/black-magick-the-left-hand-path/spell-spirit-for-haunting-a-person/msg8444/#msg8444[/url]

below a comment in another thread about a specific concept related, but “JREF Challenge” seems to be the James-Randi ie show something in test conditions… they try and dismiss it, win $ etc.

-so it seems the JREF ignored an application from one trying to demonstrate.

Gee, -the fool- how intricate was the application process? (or was it- just enter name, or have to essay and such?) I wondered, need references or something. (I figured they may try and filter out all those they can… but how)

Ahhhh thank you. I saw JRE and thought “Joe Rogan Experience”

"Joe Rogan Experience, ‘F___!’ " an independent project that goes beyond FearFactor

I shudder to think of the amount/variety of animal genitals that would be consumed during that.

Made me think of how currently we shudder at “gross” when in generations past eating such wouldn’t perhaps trigger shudders as much as the possibility of “the Devil”-shadows… (compare to the strange “haunting investigation” docu-shows… they want to find, and phreak-out when they do…)

I was reminded of something I read a while (bottom of wikipedia about Aghora Trad… seeing what might be added/listed… in “in popular culture”

The television program Wildboyz starring Steve-O and Chris Pontius featured a segment in which the duo learned about the Aghori culture firsthand. Chris and Steve-O were given the ritualistic alcohol from a skull and were covered in remains of a corpse in the form of ashes. One Aghori also demonstrated the traditional drinking of urine. They hinted that more was filmed but censored when Steve-O remarked “Now imagine what we weren’t allowed to show you.”

Director Jeff Tremaine, responsible for the Wild Boyz, Jackass, etc. felt the bit on the Wild Boyz was so successful he wanted to re-shoot it for Jackass Number Two. This time they sent in Dave England, Chris Pontius, and Steve-O. When an Aghori started mutilating his own leg, and jumped at Dave England with the blood everyone decided it was far more than they had planned on, and wanted out.
This ‘bit’ ended up in Jackass 2.5, as Johnny Knoxville foreshadows in the taping of the ‘bit’. <<<<

The comment “imagine what we couldn’t show you”… and the idea of curiousity and wanting to show/scare people- and then “everyone decided it was “Far More” than they had planned on…” -has some interesting parallels (when on a Path and too far in to turnaround)

to loop back around to The Fool’s comment, I could see reviewer of such applications viewing applicants like that… and what other’s have applied… (what doors could be opened) pandora and all that

In regards to the JREF

Well they’re looking for people they can easily discredit, and make a statement while doing it.

I remember watching a couple of them jus to see what it was all about. I got a good chuckle about the one debunking Astrology, especially when the ACTOR Hugh Laurie said the description didn’t describe him at all especially the part where he doesn’t enjoy the limelight or attention…sure.

[url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uDhxcIaC23k]James Randi and an Astrologer - YouTube

[quote=“the fool, post:1, topic:2219”]…got NO answer whatsoever at all in any way shape or form, period.

so much for THAT.[/quote]

Only a fool would think that challenge isn’t a complete waste of time. But seriously Randy isn’t about actually investigating anything, the guys purpose is to keep people thinking that what theyve come to believe is correct. Randy and his cronies have been known to falsify data in the past for example.

the jref challenge is the james randi educational foundation challenge.

[quote=“taokua, post:3, topic:2219”]below a comment in another thread about a specific concept related, but “JREF Challenge” seems to be the James-Randi ie show something in test conditions… they try and dismiss it, win $ etc.

Gee, -the fool- how intricate was the application process? (or was it- just enter name, or have to essay and such?)

I wondered, need references or something. (I figured they may try and filter out all those they can… but how)[/quote]

i sent an email outlining my experiment idea for consideration after reading some of the previous entries. it wasn’t complicated at all.

reading through this page i now see that the new application process is a lot more involved than the old one seemed to be. afaic that takes the whole ‘occult’ part out of occultism becuase it turns the act of showing your ability into a fame-seeking deal, but sobeit.

i don’t think there’s anyone on the planet easier to discredit than me. my name alone says it all

yeah some of their former applicants are pretty hilarious

looks around

he has? i don’t know much about james randi tbh

i decided to apply for the challenge after having done some magickal experiments for the mastering evocation course. after having had some wild results it all made me think ‘am i really doing this or is it just a coincidence that things are so outlandish right now?’ cos you never can tell.

so i made up my mind hey, let me try this out under formal test conditions. then i found the jref. i thought ‘if i pass the test not only do i verify that magick works, i can potentially get paid for it as well.’ it’s win-win if i’m able to do the work and get the result. the emphasis is on the word IF.

still waiting to hear back from them. so far all i hear is crickets chirping

well…

here we are in july of 2014. a good six months after i applied and i still haven’t heard a THING from the JREF people.

i’m not even good enough for a magickal debunking? am i not ridiculous enough for james randi?

ok.

moving right along

That challenge has been over for a LONG time. It only live on in the minds of douchebag debunkers who challenge people to take it. Hell, James Randi is dead!