Anyone read Quranic text or psalms over their sage or santo

So I was curious to know if anyone uses any kind of prayer or incantations either from the bible or the Quran to bless their sage or palo santo before they light and smudge with it.

My nan used to do this with her incense she used to read various Quranic texts over then then smudge the person or place with it to cast out evil jinns or spirits. And she was big in her day to where many leaders and high profile individuals from various countries used to visit her to tell them their fortune (coffee cup) and she used to be so accurate.

One time my dad did a ouija board with the family and his girlfriend became possessed to where her eyes rolled back and this went on for months. She visited my nan started chanting this different language none of them had heard before, almost Arabic but not at the same time. She slapped the girl and the spirit left.

thereā€™s a lot of very powerful witches in my family too who were extremely feared so my question is, the same way Africans use their ancestors for work. Can I use my ancestors for work? I know this is a two part question but Iā€™m genuinely curious about both. Rather than make two topics I thought Iā€™d kill two birds here.

To my knowledge, when performing a ruyqah the Quran is recited into a bottle of water and the water is poured over the head and body along with drinking it multiple times a day. I believe the same ritual is done with oil which is applied to the body after a spirtually cleansing bath. Along with fasting, taking herbs, and deep prayer, this is done for several days in a row.

1 Like

A thought just came to me. Can I read surahs over salt water and spray the 4 corners of my home

I suggest reading a few sites about it.

ā€œ16) You can also put some of the water youā€™ve recited on into a spray bottle and spray the corners of every room in your houseā€

1 Like

yes I use quranic texts not just those incenses though, can use any ā€œbukhoorā€ also to cleanse the room of spiritual activity or make someone who is sick better but you would expect someone to be able to pronounce the arabic words well and have an understanding of what it is you are saying. Some people say though that quranic texts do not work for someone unless you also follow the 5 daily prayers and keep the dietary laws and do the wudu(cleanse before prayer) as that is the base of the texts, this type of quranic magick is named wazifa and you often combine prayer with an exact repetition of dua (petition) to a certain number. It is never one time recitation, but prayed upon for nights in a row. often numbers hitting in the 1000s and being in certain purity states.
My mother in law sounds like your nan, she is big in the Gulf region too in the same way but she is also super religious and particular she claims her magick is strong because of her excessive praying, so I am curious if your nan was sameā€¦?
You can contact your ancestors of course and just ask them how they feel about working with you and what it requires from youā€¦Often times we can think lightly of working with these texts from a chaos magick approach but things can go awry pretty quickly if our life doesnā€™t align with the basic laws of the religion, whether this is a byproduct of thought forms/ egregrores or something else like actual djinni is up for debate.

Use ayat al qursi for this

1 Like