Anyone Noticed This About E.A.?

Now, you may have seen his video where he explains why he chose to use the title E.A. Koetting because of his childhood and adoption etc. and that each letter E. and A. have a special meaning for him however I just noticed this. E.A. or “Ea” is another name for Enki who is also another name for Satan.

I wonder if he did this on purpose? Because not only do his initials each have a special reminder for him, for parts of his past life, but if he also chose them because Ea was the same as Satan, maybe it serves as sort of an empowerment name for him? Interesting thought huh!

An interesting observation RavensAscent, but I do think that is just a coincidence.
While Koetting was involved in The Order of Nine Angles and other satanic organisations when he was younger he adopted E.A. Koetting after that so I don’t think it is related.

I think “E.A. Koetting” has a good sound to it.

Enki is NOT a name for Satan. That is historically impossible, spiritually implausible bullshit purported by the JOS a neo-nazi front of all places…

This reminds me of the consultation I had with E.A. At the very end when we were signing off I accidentally called him Matthew and he just chuckled and gave me a wink.

When I was younger I also adopted seperate names for myself; i’ve had 3 in total. Two of them came from television shows and one was from music. Just like with one’s magickal name it’s, if for no other reason, almost fun to think of a new name to use for yourself. We all picked usernames and profile pictures on here - there is a reason why we choose what we choose :wink:

There are reasons for Associatong E.A. to Satan. Its part of occult magick and if you do not understand it is up to you to do your homework. Please no bashing out of ignorance. The associating of E.A. to Satan has something to do with bringing out the more positive qualities of Satan when evoking him, rather than believing the christian BS if a Devil with Horns on its Head.

I am not from JoS, but I do have my own knowledge under my belt and understand like some others they would be fighting against that Christian Egregores.

There are reasons for Associatong E.A. to Satan. Its part of occult magick and if you do not understand it is up to you to do your homework. Please no bashing out of ignorance. The associating of E.A. to Satan has something to do with bringing out the more positive qualities of Satan when evoking him, rather than believing the christian BS if a Devil with Horns on its Head.

I am not from JoS, but I do have my own knowledge under my belt and understand like some others they would be fighting against that Christian Egregores.[/quote]

I will vouch for Cogitation on this one. Back when I was 16 and just getting into all of this I stumbled upon JoS and got into their membership and talked to some of the heads. They are Neo-Nazi, at least in some aspects. I don’t think about them much, nor do I wish to debate, but their Adult Members Group literally has (or at least had) a picture of Heimlich Himmler on the front. Along with them associating Lucifer with the “master race” with blonde hair and blue eyes, for the good information that they offered it has the undercurrent of neo-nazism.

Regardless, back to EA and Satan. I would not go as far as to associate him with Satan, but if you wish to make the connection between “Light-bringer” as one who brings knowledge and enlightens the masses with EA then I suppose you can stretch it to him. He is very knowledgable, after all.

Your going to find this Associating different things to different things in evety aspect of Society. Nits just part of the magick game. Now of course some people prefer the branded products like OTO or Christianity as far as how they like to paint things. Knowingnis only part of the Battlenthough.

But you should ask E.A. what he was trying to draw as an Association by using those initials? Was he attempting to use the Sumerian mythological figure E.A.? I prefer to just ask people directly and put them on the spot. No beating around the bush.

OOO HHHELLZZ Thanks for that !!! i swear when I get to it I must have a special relate to Enk-EA- because every time someone relates him to satan my skin crawls and ---- OOO the
GGGRRRRR factor !!!
i really hate to think i want to write a book “authoritatively” outlining Enki-EA v Satan.
i already have a tentitive title for it, been bouncing it in my head for a couple years- “Genealogy of the Gods”.

but why me? there are so many more intelligent writers out there aren’t there?.

[quote="Cogitation, post:3, topic:7238"]Enki is NOT a name for Satan. That is historically impossible, spiritually implausible bullshit purported by the JOS a neo-nazi front of all places....[/quote]

Who gives a shit where the source of Enki came from or who it really relates to? I don’t. I don’t work with any aspects of Satan or Enki or Ea. The point of this thread was not to point out the origin of the name Enki or Satan. I was mentioning names that Satan has been referred to as Ea or Enki by many. I found it interesting that E.A. was using those initials, the initials he ultimately picked to represent himself and thought he may have chosen that name as part of his magickal association.

If you’re gonna be an ass, then go somewhere else. This was just an observation not a debate on what names truly belong to what entity. If you wanna start a debate on this, then you will be arguing against nearly every demon and deity out there because they all have supposed names that are said to be associated with them in other cultures, which some people agree on and some highly disagree on. Debating over the origin of the names can get a huge topic started which will literally never end because no two people will agree on anything of that nature.

So unless your comments are strictly about the possibility of E.A. using his initials to have a dual meaning for his path, then take it somewhere else. I am getting sick and tired of people derailing my topics here lately, changing the subject or going off on these tangents and fits that have nothing to do with the general purpose of the topic. And no, I was not implying that E.A. is Satan in any form. I was implying that maybe he chose that name as a form of empowerment.

Well to be fair to Cogitation, if someone posted “I think RavensAscent called herself that because ravens are the bird Thor has with him at all times,” for someone to mention it’s usually Odin who has ravens, isn’t a derailment, it’s a correction.

If there was another site out there talking a lot about Thor and his two ravens, that wouldn’t change anything.

We can all think what we want and follow our own UPG, but sooner or later if a statement someone feels is inaccurate is left to run, then it can end up as something factually incorrect becoming accepted as the truth, because people read forums who have NO background in magick or various mythologies and lore, so factual statements about “X spirit is Y” do count.

I’ve heard both sides on the subject of Ea (the spirit, not E.A. the magician) being connected to Satan, and I don’t see any harm in someone mentioning that this isn’t a cut and dried issue when someone esle states it as a fact - as ref the example above.

We’re not going to start moderating for differences of opinion, that don’t break the rules in any way, however any further discussion on Ea, Enki & Satan are probably best taken to a new topic, or I think there was one on here a while ago that touched on that.

I did not state anything as a FACT, I listed an association. There is a HUGE difference. Lots of things can be associated with other things whether it’s true or not. African Americans are continually made fun of for their supposed love of fried chicken but I have met a few that hate chicken. So stating an association that many people have made over the years is not the same as stating a fact.

Many people believe that Isis is the female counterpart to Astaroth and have actually evoked Astaroth and gotten a female version of him, while many people here would say that’s bullshit. All I said was, another name for, I did not say Enki who IS in fact Satan. You think I’m getting upset over a trivial matter, well Some people get way too upset over the associations or difference of names, archtypes, and aspects, of certain deities and demons taking it to a personal level and degrading anyone who thinks differently.

Geez, magicians get upset when religious people make wrongful associations with the names or existences of demons and Gods we work with but we do it ourselves, right here on this very forum and other magickal forums to those are just like us. There are just as many hypocrites within the magickal community as there are within the religious community.

All good, the thread can stay about why “Eric Archaelus” chose his nom-deplume

The Enki = Satan thing is just a common misconception that a lot of newer individuals are exposed to on the LHP with JOS (JoyofSatan) being such a common first stop (Its kind of considered a right of passage to not get entrapped in that place for Satanist’s.)

I got a little passionate. I just didn’t like seeing JOS propaganda getting repeated especially by an aspiring teacher when it doesn’t have any basis in history or more modern satanic practice. Anyone who wants clarification or would seek to clarify me in that regard can pm me.

To address the thread topic directly, No I don’t think EA chose his name as a reference to Satan specifically. JoyofSatan was not actively spreading that disinformation when he first called himself Archaelus, or Eric.

Because EA experimented with the Necronomicon (simon) it is more likely he liked the association with the actual Sumerian god of magic, EA.

Yeah I didn’t mean what I said as a fact, sometimes I type things up in a way that is confusing or misleading. Don’t mean to, just brain glitches. But you know what I mean, there are lots of entities that are supoosedly associated with one another. I really meant that these were suggested to be supposed archtypes of Satan, maybe in other cultures? because a lot of people do seem to think this, but I was too lazy to type that in, had a sammich waiting on me and I was hungry. Was eager to finish typing and go eat.

The mother of idiots is always pregnant.

Yeah, and the mother of assholes is always pregnant too.

This thread is no longer about discussing the issues involved, and has become about childish personal insults.

Locked.