Anyone ever heard

Of any spirts called Lagu or Sur? Apparently Lagu is the mother of Sur, they are connected to the month of march. Yeah Latin Glossolalia channeling this time. Lol

Edit: Possibly Norse related.

5 Likes

Sur could be Surtr, the fire giant. Lagu sounds familiar too. If she is Surt’s mother then she would be a jotun.

3 Likes

I think Lagu is a water/ocean giant. As that is the anglo-saxon word for ocean.

2 Likes

Well Sur could be surt, the fire giant of the Norse. But surt is really old and if Lagu his mother, she would have to be a very old giantess.

You could ask Hyndlla who for all intents and purposes is a mistress of bloodlines and could help you trace down any family tree

~Aluriel

3 Likes

@asbjorntorvol What do you think?

Also Lagu Maybe Bylagja/u One of The Nine Daughters Of Ægir and Rán. Or Possibly Ran Herself.

As for the month of March this would be between Goi & Einmánuður in the Viking Calandar.

So Possibly The Birth Of Sur/t By ByLagja/u Or Ran. Thaw’s The Cold Temps To Allow Heat! Hence Running Water Of Spring?

Edit: I’m adding bits and pieces i find lol.

What have you discovered? Would you Care to share?

@Ravenxoxo That was it all i know is that Lagu is a giantess or goddess of the sea perhaps a more primordial being. Who is the mother Sur the fire giant. I’m guessing perhaps his birth was a volcanic explosion that birthed out of the sea. They are connected to the month of March this would be between Goi & Einmánuður in the Viking Calandar. Lagu maybe connected to the rune of that name too.

1 Like

This is helpful, thanks.