Anyone else get very long periods of tension in their body after energy work?

I tend to get tension in my head, and I had tension for months after I got into energy work and it took a long period of resting till the tension left. Although it may have been the muscles in my scalp tensing up as I could control it slightly, however, when I let energy out of my head it definitely made the tension better, but the tension would always return shortly afterwards. Anyone else experience something like this?

If it’s not health related, it could be a sign of minor energy centers opening up, as in minor chakras, or blockages being opened. The minor chakras apparently get activated spontaneously.

1 Like

you gots too much energy gathered in the head. often the case if someone is always moving energy to the head. You have to balance your energy by circling the energy down to the grown . In yoga most train to raise the energy to head for kundalina which is incomplete. energy have to be brought back to earth. Rising energy to head can cause illness. Learn to focus your energy to store in your belly energy center , the dantien. Too much focus on upper energy center of the throat or crown is not good for health.

2 Likes

I doubt it’s Kundalini sickness. He doesn’t do Taoism so hasn’t created the Dantien. Also, you do know that storing too much of your energy in the LDT means that it automatically rises right?

You’re talking about the small circuit as it relates to the microcosmic orbit, but once again, if Kundalini sickness was the case, he would have intense headaches or hallucinations. He didn’t mention any such symptoms. Not only that, but you’re also assuming he’s incompetent in not being able to lower his energy. The small circuit is not the only way, and I’m sure he knows how to do it adequately within his own tradition.

2 Likes

he have to train to store it. And balance it. It rises to head if your not balance or grounded. Intent is too focus on head. It should not rise if trained body properly. Since he said started, i assume he is a beginner.

he did give info symptom that he got tension in head for months after energy work. so it’s related to energy in the head being stuck there. imbalance. the clue was “since started energy work.”

2 Likes

Fair point, or distribute it since he’s probably not into Taoism. He hasn’t constructed the Dantien, so has nowhere to store it, it should thus be distributed across his entire body.

I see, however this,

suggests to me that he knows how to either lower it, or pushed it out through the crown, no? And as such might it not be the minor chakras that have been activated and unblocked during his advancement?

2 Likes

It is possible that it was anxiety related, and I have been suspecting that, but it is strange that it lasted as long as it did. But I do suspect it is instead anxiety related as today I noticed the tension returns when I push ambient energy into my chaos magick sigils.

Yes I know how to ground myself and release the energy, however, being very new and not instructed properly perhaps I was not doing it as often as I should have (assuming that it is the energy and not anxiety related issues causing it).

@anon47811056 could you perhaps recommend to me some Taoist books to look into? I have been interested in Taoism and Taoist energy work for quite some time, and the only book I’ve read is Awaken Healing Light of the Tao by Mantak Chia, but I don’t know how well trusted he is among Taoists, he seems to appeal to mainstream Taoists, and I guess that’s why I’m a bit weary of him.

1 Like

You may be experiencing something called nerve burn. Be careful. If you’re using your own energy you must work on your chakaras and strengthen them daily.

Learn to draw energy into your crown chakra into your hands and use that energy for healing work.

1 Like

I will recommend some to you bud. PM me.

2 Likes

What is nerve burn?

When you raise energy in a way that burns your nervous system. It often happens to people who are working in a way that forces energy through them to their own detriment. It can be fixed (and prevented) by resting and using the tools of the craft. Sometimes nerveburn can be permanent, so if you’re currently experiencing it I would recommend to stop all energy work immediately.

Once you are no longer feeling the sensation, begin working on and strengthening all your chakras. Take your vitamins. Vitamin B Complex, Omega 3-6-9, and a multivitamin daily.

1 Like

i would not suggest mantak chia. many students end up with ill health. It’s because from real life examples of those students, he don’t teach foundation and go into advance stuff or leave some important stuff out. I don’t have first hand experience though, however, i find him not to my taste. Always go for foundation from the masters. stuart olson books translated the foundation books of chen kung series. volume one is a must. and work from there. just get all of them if you can. check those out.
https://www.valleyspiritarts.com/product-category/taijiquan/chenkungseries/

Always go to the source if your serious about learning. These books are the source foundation. Learn the volume one tai chi chi kung and the meditation foundation from that book first. it will do you well in all your chi kung ,energy work and tai chi if you get into it.

1 Like