Any one knowledgeable with The Gates of the Necronomicon

I need to know if anyone is really familiar with the Gates of the Necronomicon (Simon)

This book

I’m trying to figure why on the fifth gate
When it talks about the seal of the gate it mentions Hecate once. Then nothing else.

I can’t find her mentioned again other than here.

So I’m trying to figure why? The one name drop then quiet. What exactly is Hecates role with this gate if any.
Is it just as a torch bearer. Or something more?

2 Likes

I used the Donald Tyson book of the gates, the first gate was randomly opened just by me reading the chapter and then I had trouble to close it until I read how it was done, but before that a lot of weird entities came through it, and one of them was very big and strong and made me aware of what literally I saw as “the veil”, because it actually looked like a veil in the space near the portal, like if “the veil” was the wall in which the portal was set. I don’t know if your version works like that, since I know the Simon’s Necronomicon and I didn’t have a good experience with it (it was a bad experience by seeing others using it). I was not aware of this one that you have. Tyson’s one is about Lovecraftian magick, I will try to check this one you have just for general culture

1 Like

Is this the one you have

3 Likes

In Scribd there is all the series and I’ve worked mainly with the “Grimoire of the Necronomicon” and in physical format with the Necronomicon tarot. That book you show me looks gorgeous in physical format, I must say.

1 Like

Yes its a beautiful book.

I just seem to work better from the Simon book.

But I do like Tyson’s. Its a nice book. I forgot I even had it, til you mentioned Tyson. I may read through it again.

2 Likes

The book I mentioned before is called “13 Gates of the Necronomicon”. Tyson makes his own interpretation of Lovecraftian lore, actually I would say that he makes it his own. I’m not very much into the original Lovecraft literature, but Tyson made all the entities approachable in a practical way from the start, despite I see those gods more monstruous than he does and because of that I love them

1 Like

I think I’ve seen it. I just havent gotten around to buying it yet.

I’m working on the 5th gate with Simon copy. So I’m moving along with my walking of the gates.

I was hoping to discover more of Hecates role with this gate though.

2 Likes

I would ask Hecate herself, or any of the entities that may or not fly around you.

1 Like

Yea I can. I was curious to see if anyone had done this or had read more of her involvement with it.

I’m sure there is more than meets the eye here.

2 Likes

That’s the gate of Nergal yes? So perhaps it’s a bit of an inside joke mentioning his consort by her Greek name?

2 Likes

That is pretty.

1 Like

Yes, it is the Nergal gate. Ah, you might be right. Thanks ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

I figured it out. Hecate in the Nergal Gate. He could be assosicated as another god. As my research has shown … Just like Hecate can as well.

Hecate here is the light bringer as even the gate seems to have a torch.

When Hecate goes through this gate she is the light bringer. Shedding light on dark places. And waking someone who needs to be awoken.

The Light Bringer. :metal:

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

many believe that Hecate is Ereshkigal, Lord Nergal’s wife, and sister of Lady Inanna in the underworld.

1 Like