Any movies out there that TRUTHFULLY depict occult rituals and magick?

Hey
Can You please reccomend some movies that You know or highly believe were inspired by legitimate occult practices? I’d be very grateful for answer :heavy_heart_exclamation:

A Dark Song. It is a good look at the Abramelin Operation and the possible consequences thereof.

4 Likes

I really liked that movie, as a movie. Didn’t thought it could go wrong as depicted. But surely the writers did exagerate, right?

2 Likes

Yeah, there was creative license taken, of course, but all in all I thought it was pretty accurate for a movie depicting a ritual operation where nothing spectacular happens until the very end.

Contrast that with the hundreds of movies where someone reads a poorly written spell in a musty ol’ book and poof! demons abound.

2 Likes

“Strange Angel” its a serie about parsons joining a Thelemic Order

2 Likes

Good one. It’s the story of Jack Parsons, the father of rocket propulsion :+1:

1 Like

Thank You all so much :hugs:

Just movies? Hmm I think: Simon, King of the Witches is the only one that I can think of.
There is legitimate theory in there.

1 Like

I hear eyes wide shut reflects the things some mystical groups do , but I’m not exactly sure .

1 Like

I thought that Satanic Panic did a good job at showing legitimate occult life. While it can be a little overfanatastical, at it’s core it’s pretty sound.

1 Like

twitches :smirk: