Angels,what are they?

Perhaps. I am currently doing Ascension work with angels, and if he is as inimical to them as you say, I don’t want to take the chance that his energy will interfere at the current time. Once the work is finished, I may though. Is there a particular book I should read to learn about him?

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight The Left Hand provides a lot of the lore and backstory as to whom he’s meant to be. Most Cabal texts have a few spells dealing with him: The Black Scriptures (especially this one since it’s meant to Sybastein Druzjya’s grimoire), Profane Seals, Rites in the Thirteen Tongues.

btw I am NOT shilling. I am like not even a Disciple or anything.

1 Like

I’ll pick one and give it a read for some immersion after my work is complete. Thanks.

1 Like

Actually this is not always the case. For example frater Xavier from the mind and magick youtube channel using the goetic methods by the specs and procedures of the keys and he knows his stuff. There are a few others on i think wizardforum.com that use it as well with success.

Part of it seems to come down to ones mental paradigm. For example Frater X in one of his videos talks about his heavy Christian programed upbringing. But while he doesn’t take it to the extreme himself he does take advantage of the fact his subconscious already has that programming by incorperating it in his magick. Most of his work involves if i remember right planetary/elemental magick, working with the subconscious and goetic magick with the methods of solomon.

It is definetly worth checking his stuff out if nothing else than for a new perspective. Channel just hot its 5 year anniversary a week ago.
The Mystery School: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWL-f1YBw48NKF1PasvuAM5oyiT73A12i

1 Like

Also, John King of Imperial Arts has pretty impressive results following the Goetia to the letter. He claims physical manifestation of spirits without any kind of TGS.

From my understanding the procedures slowly facilitate the mind to enter the tgs via heavy ritual work. As each tool used is ritually made and consecrated with certain methods, thus programming thw subconscious mind to understand them in specific ways.

Similar to the symbolism of the alchemical processes effecting the practitioner, in my current work with black magic of ahriman this would be easiest described in the venoms of the black sun.

The fluid fetishes cause alchemical change corresponding with the div being worked with through the act of making them ending with having a new tool of sorcery.

2 Likes

No, I mean that he claims to not enter into any kind of trance, whether consciously or unconsciously.

Another quote:

As far as I can understand him, he claims that just by wearing the required ceremonial items and repeating the conjurations, the spirits will come. No trance required.

Yeah, I’m not saying it isn’t true he goes into a trance while doing this. Just saying he claims otherwise.

Another occult forum I’ve browsed distinguishes this by claiming the existence of two types of evocation: the “modern” method that Koetting promotes that necessitates a trance, and the older ceremonial tradition which does not.

1 Like

I remain agnostic about it for now. One of these days I’ll acquire an Ethiopian lion skin belt along with the other required accoutrements & see for myself. :lion:

1 Like

In “light trance” do you mean that your perception of reality was altered in that you started to notice, “see” things differently? In hypnosis, waking (awake) consciousness is known as a waking trance, concentrating/focusing on something is a type of trace (like reading or watching a movie), prayer/meditation is a type of trance, daydreaming, etc. These are based on brainwave states. E.A. mentioned this in the Youtube videos he made when he gave a lecture at a college.

DarkestKnight, when you say they are subjective, do you mean that everyone’s experience of Angels and Demons are different? And/or do you mean that the Angels and Demons themselves are subjective? Or both?

I believe they are autonomous spiritual beings that live to serve higher powers. Things greater than themselves.

2 Likes

All spiritual terms are debatable, but here’s one way to see it, just for the sake of dialogue.

Angels are spirits from above human consciousness. They serve high concepts and have inevitable power, but lack a certain amount of free will.

Demons are spirits from below human consciousness. They have deep elemental power and strong personalities, but are more interested in projecting their own essence onto our plane than the overall balance of forces.

Use demonic entities when you want an individual win. Use angelic entities when you want to serve the greater good.

2 Likes

This is highly debatable. Some say Solomonic methods are abusive (usually the Satanist & Demonolatry community), and others will say that Solomonic methods are good and that demons don’t protest against them (Ceremonial magicians).

Who is right?

Doesn’t matter. Use whatever works for you. Spirit physical manifestations are possible even without to-the-book rituals. Just look at The Cabal’s youtube channel, they have a bunch of recordings of physical manifestation of spirits.

And, @TheStorm , correct me on this, but The Cabal does not use elaborate rituals as a necessity to summon spirits, correct? Their current is very practical and fast-working.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s a shame I can’t get their books as of right now.

I have no intention of joining The Cabal, as I do not agree with their approach on many things, but from a scholarly and magical perspective, their books are definitely worth looking into. No doubt they contain some valuable information.

1 Like