Angels,what are they?

I’ve been pondering this for MONTHS. I don’t understand what they really are. I’ve heard some say they’re egregores but I don’t understand why the description of some demons says they’re ruled by a certain archangel. Who created them?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:Feed me the knowledge please.

1 Like

@TheForeign It’s just more Christian propaganda of the same variety that’s found in almost EVERY SINGLE old grimoire. Those books aren’t to be trusted and you should not place too much stock in what they say.

5 Likes

What do you think they are?

@TheForeign It’s a well known fact that the only thing that works in books like the Goetia is the sigils. Everything else tends to be pure dogma.

4 Likes

Good to know😓

1 Like

Maybe you should evoke one ? Thats if you havent already…

2 Likes

Definitely don’t agree with everything said, but that’s the closest to my view on what Angels are (though I don’t really agree that they are thoughtforms).
1 Like

Actually I have plans to do that this month
I was just hoping to find out what the experienced had to say about them

1 Like

Can’t watch it right now,you think you could summarize?:slightly_smiling_face:

Why does it matter what they are? It’s all subjective. They are whatever you want them to be. They will conform to your beliefs about them. Personally, I view all entities like angels and demons simply as multidimensional intelligences, that choose to interact with us for their own evolutionary reasons. Contrary to what some people choose to believe, there is no war between angels and demons, and most of them work together just fine. i work with both and have had absolutely no issues.

6 Likes

In your opinion. I have seen absolutely no evidence of such. As for Cernobog, since he will conform to whatever the magician believes, like any spirit, his answer should be taken with a great deal of skepticism. Some energies don’t get along, but that is natural, just as it is with people.

2 Likes

I know it’s not really important to know they’re origin and all but this question keeps coming back and I need to understand. I mean,I know that I can’t really trust any source but lots of common reasonable opinions helps me change my perspective

2 Likes

It’s good to question things, but ultimately, it is up to you to decide through experience.

4 Likes

Sorry, @TheStorm, but I will not take the agreement of a cult on a point of their particular dogma as proof of anything. Their particular demons may very well be something different, but that in no way means what they say is a fact. My own experience with demons and angels tells me otherwise.

1 Like

Any quick info on “The Blighted” would be much appreciated,can’t find anything on google…

They are particular to the magick of the Cabal. You won’t find them elsewhere but their literature.

2 Likes

I love this forum.Thanks🙂

3 Likes

Not always. I’ve had Spirits act in a way directly contradictory to the way I expected them to act. I’ve seen immense kindness from Spirits I expected to be harsh and vice versa. They do defy expectations quite completely at times. I’ve gone into ritual with Spirits that I was terrified might crush me and come out thinking that they were really nice. My experience at least suggests that Spirits really do have attitudes, personalities and behaviours independent of the mage calling them. They seem to be more than capable of asserting themselves in defiance of expectation.

5 Likes

I agree, but it is still human perception, which is coloured by belief and expectation, not fact, so my statement about a healthy level of skepticism still stands.

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight You could try evoking him yourself I suppose and see if that verifies anything.