Angel barachiel vs barqiel/barkiel - same or not?

Hi guys,

I’ve always known that the angel Barachiel is one of the benevolent angels, and in fact he’s a member of the seraphim choir.

But if you look at this book:

you’ll see that Barachiel = Barakiel, and Baraqel = Barakiel, and it says that Baraqel is a fallen angel.

I’m totally confused! Who is who? Are they the same? Different? Which one is the benevolent angel?

1 Like

I’ve been wondering the same thing. It doesn’t help that one Baraqel/Barakiel is said to said to hold domain over lightning, and the other one over prosperity (from what I’ve gathered, since I’ve seen him associated with the planet Jupiter). A part of me wants to say that they’re both the same being, but I can’t find evidence supporting this.

Although, it should be taken into account that fallen angels still qualify as angels; they just aren’t working for God/Yehovah/Allah/etc anymore. And that demons and fallen angels have the capacity to be kind.

2 Likes

Berachiel is the Angel of Intuition from the 42 letter name. Barkiel is the Angel of Lightning from the same list.
As far as the other names, I know Berachiel has sometimes been spelled Berakiel and Beraqiel…

2 Likes