Andrew Chumbley Quote

• Andrew Chumbley
    Source: [I]Azoetia (p186)[/I]

Thoughts?

Ooooh yes, this was some of the most powerful work I did when I was very into studying shamanic trance - to find the “first” shaman, as the archetype rather than the real human (or probably, proto-human) and transfigure into him (mine was male, other people’s images may vary).

Highly recommended as an area to explore, very similar to the concept that all Solomonic magicians must invoke the essence of Solomon, the quintessential magus, or the earlier stuff (I think from the PGM) about invoking Hermes/Thoth. Good stuff and actually also just the reminder I needed for today’s piece of work, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I remember when I first was reading the bible about solomon, and even though I knew about nothing- everything about it screamed “The Real Solomon” was anything but a jewish hebrew YHist worshipper, and that an intense effort was being made to somehow repaint him while still ‘scarring the picture abit’ to justify the rest of thei Wresting of some serious truth they wanted hidden. Imagine if Solomon was a serious occultist of his day- Yh was if anything an annoyance- and the ‘evil gods’ of the other nations were where his heart really was!
Hence when i see all the ‘jewification of solomon’, I get pretty annoyed, because I believe Solomon is an archtype of just as much Demonolatry
as I strive to today.

I like Chumbleys stuff; wish I could apply it all

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:5072”]Ooooh yes, this was some of the most powerful work I did when I was very into studying shamanic trance - to find the “first” shaman, as the archetype rather than the real human (or probably, proto-human) and transfigure into him (mine was male, other people’s images may vary).

Highly recommended as an area to explore, very similar to the concept that all Solomonic magicians must invoke the essence of Solomon, the quintessential magus, or the earlier stuff (I think from the PGM) about invoking Hermes/Thoth. Good stuff and actually also just the reminder I needed for today’s piece of work, thank you very much! :)[/quote]