An up close and personal experience

So a week ago or so, I was listening to wardrunas song about hagalaz (Hagal) and at first I started to see the rune flash before my eyes rapidly and before I could even blink what I think might be hel flashed right before me and was rather physically close to me. It didn’t feel threatening to me but she seemed serious and the best way I could describe the experience is, well cold, not in a mean way though. Just that she seems to mean business. When I noticed that I felt an emotional response of “try being in my shoes and see how you feel.” I don’t think she was mad but it felt different from my other experiences with other deities. Does anyone know why she’d be like this?

2 Likes

Another thing to note is I’ve never met her before that.

If you read Hel’s mythology, she is often depicted as a rather grim person and was punished on the premise that she was Loki’s third child with a female frost-giant and part of a prophecy. I would start by reading more into the mythology.

2 Likes

Hel is a bit like Hekate in the sense she got shit to do and is busy. The woman is looking after the dead, helpping people accept there dead, preparing the older souls for rebirth ect. Hence the remark about trying to be in her shoes. Know what you want to learn from her before asking.

1 Like

I had a feeling that was the case. I was thinking about it yesterday, while she was following me. Now I kinda think it was a stupid question.

1 Like

Hel is a death goddess and very fierce. If she came to you it would not be with a smile and box of chocolates… Just saying. She came to get your attention (and what better wayt o do tht than to shock you) and her visit IS serious. She has a message for you or to assist your growth in one way or another. I am not going to try to get that message because I feel like it is personal… For you only. I am sure you will figure it out soon.

1 Like

I’m not gonna lie when she got in my face I almost fell on my ass.

3 Likes

Laughing over here because I know the feeling! But I try to play it off like yeah! I wasn’t scared at all!! What’s up? hehehe! But I figure they know already that you jumped!! Probably get a good laugh out of it too!

2 Likes