An occultist becomes an atheist

I saw Prime Minister Lucifuge Rofocale as a bald man with pale white skin before I started really getting into magick. I had no idea who he was until I found some info about him on the net and his enn on YouTube. He stopped popping up randomly after I played his enn. He also appears to be linked to someone that I know. Additionally, I have had way too much crazy stuff happen since starting magick to toss it away as “just in my head”. That being said, I was an atheist, so the reasoning outlined in the OP doesn’t sound ludicrous to me. Hell, I’m the one who sounds insane between the two of us, tbh.

2 Likes

Left Hand Path occultists are already atheists according to @Timothy in the Black Magick Manifesto. Yes, it does use trance states. I wouldn’t necessarily say it is psychology because psychology is focused on labeling and marginalizing eccentric people for insurance money with their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: You’re quite right

2 Likes

I seriously can’t have every disorder in the book.

Back when I was an atheist, I was this Bertrand Russel brand of anti-mysticism atheist. I really didn’t know that much about him, all I had was a couple books my dad a happened to have about his philosophy such as “why I am not a christian.” Sure, my dad found that worked for him (more or less) because he was just bored in church, but he always had a big ego, so I don’t think he really felt he needed religion. One day after I “converted” to my simplistic understanding of Bertrand Russel atheism as a young teenager, I got real depressed. I felt life was pointless because why suffer for stuff when there is no god anyway. After that I converted away from hardcore atheism and became more or less agnostic.

2 Likes

Strange, when you have a relationship with a spirit. It can be intensive like a relationship with a person.
He had that with Tiamat and now he denies the whole existence. Some people you just don’t understand.
I was a Catholic. Talked to source (God) one time. I don’t agree with Dogma of Christianity so I’ve changed my path.
But he still is there. For the second time, I’ve talked to him. I will never, even in this path. Deny that.

2 Likes

Psychology is a part of every other aspect of our lives why wouldn’t it be part of magick? Also since when did we separate magick and psychology and decide that only one could maintain validity at a time? Furthermore magick has been making use of trance state since the dawn of time and has already known for ages much of what psychology seems to think is new. Carl Jung who formed the basis for much of what is modern psychology was an occultists and almost all of his insights into psychology came from the occult. Not to mention psychology has an entire subdivision dedicated to the occult, supernatural and paranormal called parapsychology. It’s not that the occult is psychology its that psychology is only a small part of the occult brought into mainstream science. There is a technical term for the man in the video commonly referred to as an ignorant moron.

8 Likes

I owe you a beer.

2 Likes

How can you change from believing in something to not believing in something that doesn’t make sense

3 Likes

Because he didn’t get any kind of real results and he’s simply choosing to see the world the way he wants to just like everyone else only he thinks that his new way is somehow more valid than his old way and not realizing that reality is perception.
The thing to remember is that some people fancy themselves on evidence and pride themselves on logic until the evidence no longer fits what they want it to be then they do outlandish mental acrobatics that are highly illogical in order to maintain their view. This applies to everyone from occultists to the most atheistic. There is no difference.

5 Likes

I’ve never had this problem, well of course I’ve had days where stuff has worked, n stuff hasn’t, but from my experience it doesn’t just happen overnight, it builds up , n then happens , when it comes to all magick ritual and spells , even when stuff hasn’t worked I’ve just usually stepped back and tried to find what I did wrong or if I missed something, or if there’s something I needed to do better, he obviously didn’t have much faith or belief in his magick to keep doing it or must have done something wrong for it to not work

2 Likes

I can’t speak for him but I’m sure it’s happened many times before.

The matter is also partially about the existence of a magick and a spirituality which are both atheistic, so no contradiction. For example about magick one may address Spirits cosidering them dimensional beings, or use only their names as sound vibrations to channel them like they were forces… practice spells without involving gods etc., and indeed focus on workings and results, not on the possible causes.

1 Like

Right? Like if he wants to believe magick is just psychology wearing a Halloween costume that’s on him. Can’t understand why he would give a single iota of a shite as long as it gets him results.

Like he thinks it was just him talking to himself? I mean, there’s a non-zero chance that he is accurate about that if he truly believes it. But I mean, if he believes in psychology, wouldn’t he believe he was channeling some universal archetype from the collective unconscious? :thinking:

2 Likes