An interesting comparison

Another board I frequent contained a post about the similarities in the goetic sigil for Murmur, and the seal of the Vatican secret archives.
Interesting stuff.
Let’s hear some theories of why, or why not they’re related.

1 Like

I always like to look at things, symbols, words etc and see connections in them. Possibly (or likely) they only hold meaning for me personally.
Looking at these two I have to say that I don’t see a relation. There’s a ‘X’ in the middle and two crossed Keys in the middle of the right one. That;s the only resemblance I can see at the moment.
This doesn’t mean that they are not related, their similarity can be very important to someone else, and that it will open a lock for him or her or it.

2 Likes

I see the cruciforms in the teeth of the keys, the three points on top of Murmur’s sigil become the 3 crowns in the seal. Things are changed slightly probably due to necessity.

1 Like

Sure. But then the position of the crosses is altered, and there is one or more crosses in almost every one of the Goetic Seals.
But, like I said: When you or anyone else sees the connection and you can build upon it and have it lead you somewhere then follow it.

2 Likes

Eh, I just found it interesting, neither thing means anything to me.
Never worked with murmur, and I’ll never be near the Vatican archives so it’s all speculation.

1 Like