An Important Message

Ah yes, good old big pharma meds. Fix one problem only to cause another in the long run.

In any case, I’m glad you’re doing well. :+1:

2 Likes

Facts.

1 Like

Holy crap, thats scary. Im glad your doing better!

1 Like

Thank you !

3 Likes

I had a similar problem with a new heart medication. The doctor said this what you are taking now. I felt too sick to argue so I gave in. Took one of the pills and it was an avalanche of symptoms andeventually founf out through doctors and emergencyy that I was allergic to the medication. I am glad you got the help you needed at the time.

1 Like

It’s scary stuff for sure. It’s so tricky taking new meds.

And sometimes you develope allergies to things you’ve taken before. I have to take amoxicillin as an adult and had a severe allergic reaction to the point my throat was closing up.
At the time I lived 3 states away from my mom but she argued with me that I could not be allergic to it because she had given me that atibiotic several times growing up.

So I thought maybe it was something else. A year or so later tried it again and again had the same reaction. So I was like mom… I really am allergic to this. All I can guess is that I developed an allergy to it over the years.

2 Likes

Yes, it is very possible to develop an allergy to something you had no issues with in childhood. An ex girlfriend of mine developed a life threatening allergy to one of her favourite foods that she had eaten all her life. She now has to carry an epi-pen with her.

2 Likes

I am so glad you are better. This was super scary to read!

1 Like

Aww …thank you :heart:

3 Likes

Did the infections clear up?

Yes it did I’m feeling much better

3 Likes

Oh good I am glad!!

1 Like

Yes me too ! :sweat_smile: was alot to go through.

3 Likes

I am thankful your safe now,that is pretty scary stuff.

1 Like

Thank you :sunflower:

2 Likes

I’m sorry this happened to you and I’m glad you feel better. I sometimes think that we’re just “animals” to be experimented on in the eyes of doctors.

1 Like