An Important Message

I feel that I need to share my story about what happened to me this past week.

I was feeling ill and went to my doctor. I hadnt been in a while due to trying to stay away because of COVID 19. Me being diabetic would have put me at high risk.
But I felt bad enough that I thought I should go. They did blood work and urine sample. I had a bladder infection. So I got some antibiotics and she felt that the metformin was doing enough for my diabetes so she prescribed me a shot to take once a week.
That Saturday I took the shot. Within a few hours I was feeling really bad. By late that I was throwing up and had to get my daughter to get me some gatorade.
It was so bad. I felt so bad. Then Sunday came and I went and Monday morning I actually had to call another manager to go open the store for me. Which is something I had NEVER done. Not since I became opening manager.
Tuesday I still felt bad. By I believe Wed I was messaging @Lady_Eva saying something is wrong. I’m still sick and I’m not going to the bathroom.
This of course alarmed her right away and she added @DarkestKnight to our messages and the two of them together convienced me to get to the ER. I recieved fluids because I was very dehydrated and I still had the bladder infection along with a kidney infection so new anribiotics. I finally did go to the bathroom before leaving.

Once I got home and thought about I looked up the side effects of my new medication.
Nausea
Vomiting
Loss of fluids (dehydration)
Worsening of kidney problmes
Kidney failure.

Even as late as yesterday I was complaining with my stomach aching.

So, what I’m saying is please be very cautious with taking new medications. I know some of us have little choice like me being diabetic. But please be careful and pay attention to your body. No one knows your body like you.

If I hadn’t been noticing something was off. If I hadnt messaged Eva and said something is wrong, if she and DK hadnt insisted on me going to the ER. If I hadnt realized this could be the meds. I honestly dont know. If I had taken that shot again would I be here? Luckliy, it was a once a week thing and Saturday i did not take it. What good is it managing my diabetes if it kills me from kidney failure. Today I feel more like myself than I have in over a week.
So please if you get prescribed any meds please pay attention to your body and how your feeling and whats going on.
Please don’t wait if you feel somethings off. Even if you just reach out to a friend like I did.
Two heads and in my three heads are better than one. You can talk it out and decide if you need to take action.

So thanks to @Lady_Eva and @DarkestKnight for being there for me. And being the pee police :joy:

Maybe my story will help someone else to pay attention to the warning signs and find help. Even if its just a message to a friend. Sometimes others see the seriousness of something easier than you can.

Not peeing = not good. I learned that :+1:

Anyway. Stay safe. And pay attention to your body.

35 Likes

Thank you @anon84423462 for fixing my typo :heart:

3 Likes

Glad to see you paid attn to the signs and help. Enjoy life to the fullest from here on out and do it your way, dollface.

2 Likes

Scary stuff. You’re definitely right on the money about how important it is to reach out to friends for help - and to let them help you. Glad you are feeling better, stay safe!

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m feeling much better.

5 Likes

Someone once told me that we have our whole lives to do the things we want …

But with me being diabetic, anemic and having an enlarged spleen. I’m not real sure what my whole life is gonna be.

So, i may not be there for that chapter of our whole lives. It may just be his whole life. And that’s ok.

5 Likes

I’ve been in the medical field 18 years. Worked in the ER. Living life to the fullest has one definition where I’m from: Do it now. Tomorrow’s never promised. This way if we get to see tomorrow we got wtf we want and needed in front of us.

So fragile are these bodies. So so fragile…

2 Likes

You are so right!

3 Likes

Hey glad to hear you are doing better and may you never go through anything like that again…so mote it be!

2 Likes

We don’t know each other, but I’m glad you’re doing better.

1 Like

I am glad you are feeling better!

1 Like

Enlarged spleen…I bet you fall asleep alot. Sleep apnea?

1 Like

Sometimes yea.

1 Like

Best of wishes for you :green_heart:
Good you checked the prescription

1 Like

Glad you are well!
I agree when you say to pay attention to the body’s signals.
No one better than us, to feel when something in our body is not right.
Cheers and be well!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Glad you came out of it okay. I have family who take metformin for their diabetes and almost all of them have had bad side effect reactions.

1 Like

Glad you are ok

1 Like

I have some effects from the metformin but the shot is what got me.

1 Like

I had a similar experience with blood pressure medication that affected my asthma.

1 Like