An Experiment to once and for all prove my own power to myself

I desire to prove to myself, once and for all, my own power and capability.

To do this, I came up with the help of my familiar the following experiment:

The idea is to charge the sigils of multiple entities using the same method, while keeping a perspective that is 100% free of lust for result.

I will then keep careful logs and account for any results.

So… Does this sound like a logical way to go about proving to oneself unequivocally that one is capable?

This is a tricky one - I think whenever you say “proof” ahead of the work, you’re opening up a possible binary outcome, in which there’s Failure and Success as opposites.

This works in most everyday situations, but I think that in magick, when we let doubt in, it takes over the show and wrecks things.

If you can keep it out and stay open to the feeling of success before each working, then I can see it might help, and the best way to measure success is to keep an honest magickal journal, and eventually you’ll see the proof stacking up in hindsight.

JMO there though and I don’t have all the answers, probably not even aware of more than a tiny percentage of the questions! :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“Illustrious, post:1, topic:4396”]I desire to prove to myself, once and for all, my own power and capability.

To do this, I came up with the help of my familiar the following experiment:

The idea is to charge the sigils of multiple entities using the same method, while keeping a perspective that is 100% free of lust for result.

I will then keep careful logs and account for any results.[/quote]

Toooo many spirits at once is not a good Idea.

^ VERY good point.

Do some divination (or get some done) if you plan to stack them in this way - some work well in alliance, others… uh oh! O_o

The working has been done.

With that in mind, I chose only 3 spirits: I charged a grand total of six sigils; three of which are of Goetic spirits, and three are of my own creation; using the method of writing a word, removing the vowels, and creating a sigil from the remaining consonants. Each sigil is different, with only two of them being somewhat ‘stacked’ - and in that case, one sigil is Goetic, the other my own creation.

Allow me to fully explain my reasoning:

I have seen and created miracles in my life. Being of a rather skeptical personality, which I feel is healthy, I have decided to put myself and magick to my final, ultimate test. I have a rather difficult time fully putting my faith in any one thing, including myself. However, if this experiment proves successful, I will finally be able to move forward with the confidence that I have lacked.

Realizing that magick is not black and white, failure vs. success, I am carefully documenting any effects I should perceive by this working. I will consider anything that my intuition as guided by my higherself and with the constant aid of my familiar, a success in this endeavour.

I have performed a Tarot reading, and I should admit that the outcome looks very promising.

This is exactly the plan!

I am keeping a completely objective mindset, yet planning for success. Basically, I completely intend for the experiment to succeed, based on exactly what you have said; “eventually you’ll see the proof stacking up in hindsight.”

TL;DR - I am planning, and expecting success. Tarot readings in to this matter, as well as past experience with magick has readied me for this: the ultimate proving of myself to myself, if you will.

I wish you the absolute best with it, you’ve worked like a champ in the face of daunting odds, and you deserve any and every success. :slight_smile:

Hi Illustrious, I agree with Dani123321. It is best to employ one at a time, not only will this reduce potentially conflicting outcomes, but also will show you your potential strengths and weaknesses as far as what types of outcomes are more or less successful for you.

I applaud your desire to employ a scientific method into your experiments, I wish more people would do so.

Good luck man, I hope you get successes.

The scientific method I employ, and always have in ny workings (due to my skeptical mind) is what I learned from Aleister Crowley. AC was the very first magician I learned of, and therefore my first inspiration. He encouraged a skeptical mindset and a scientific method, that ome should document and learn therefore what works and what doesn’t.

I have seen the first result come to light. As a result, my confidence in my own ability has just been solidly affirmed to myself. An unexpected result as well is an overall increase in my joy if living! I feel much mire capable of sorting through any difficulties and now perfectly able to create desired outcomes through magical means!