An egregore for trolls

Who would like to join me in a practical magical experiment?

The idea would be to create a BALG egregore, with the permission of EA and Timothy, of course, whose purpose is to hunt and, to be frank, “dispose of” trolls who attempt to ply their trade in these forums. If successful it could even go beyond this. I, for instance, have no love for the despicable type of weakling who engages in campaigns of internet bullying against innocent people, and I think it’s high time something was done about them before free speech is curtailed any further in the name of protecting us from these cretins. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Essentially we should decide on its name, seal, appearance, and character, and proceed to approach it through the various forms of divination until the point at which we perform a proper group evocation in order to impart full life to it.

If you’re interested, let us hear your thoughts!

Well just remember not every troll is a weakass punk. Unless you do some really careful programming you could end up picking a fight with some serious fuckers. The first jackass who tried to attack me used something similar to what your thinking of making and… well I bet he wished he thought things threw a bit more. So if you make it just remember that.

Who goes to war, gives…and takes.
That is why, i don’t like war :wink: fighting or similar…
But yeah it could be a nice idea…at least as an experiment…for smaller stuff…

Sunas you do realize he’s talking about using it on you. Though personally I don’t believe your a troll, I just think your common sense is questionable.

that being said, making something like this could also be questionable, when I got attacked I was told it was because of something I said on the internet. I assumed it was because I’m a rebellous fellow who is always trying to stick it to the man and bring freedom to the masses. But in hindsite it could just as easily be because I was trolling ponychan and someone who didn’t like trolls made something like this. Well I fucked their shit up but good.

A good rule of combat is to always know your enemy, if you send a robot out on autopilot, a robot that only thinks of attacking and does not consider if its enemy is stronger or who its enemy is. Well I wouldnt think thats a good idea would you? And yes I do troll the internet, not so much on balg as I have enough respect for the forum to not do that here, though there are a couple threads that bring that side of my personality out a bit.

Its not about being a troll and i do know that this post was started because of me. I didn’t come to this forum to Troll all around as i don’t even like the sound of that word. I tend to write what comes to my mind and usually it is a lot of rambling yes, i know…but at least it makes sense to me. If i share its maybe because i would like to see it debated, i would like to see different opinions about it. I came here because of an invite…Because i was wandering some other forum and yes, it seems that on that other website there are a lot more trolls and novices and fakes.
So i accepted the invitation thinking that i would find serious persons in here speaking of serious matters. Once i start to expose my opinions i am trashed literally and taken as a troll, a fake and a child.
Well, what does that make me think ? That changing forum didn’t make quite the difference i was expecting ? I know i haven’t started well on here and i already apologized but some people still don’t get my point, so if they really don’t get it its because they think different and instead of them exposing their ideas and opinions on the matter they simply throw it all on me…
I guess that is just plain rude behaviour which in My opinion fits bad to anyone who really wants to practice magic.
Magic is an art and to be an artist one has to be humble.
Maybe i was rude too, by the way i exposed some of my thoughts and affirmed and reaffirmed some stuff, but they didnt need to be rough back…they could’ve explained it to me. Anyway i hope that i get to learn nice stuff with you all and share nice experiences…
This Egregore thing though, i don’t know i really don’t have much experience about it…but you could go and make a servitor just to keep the website safe…
Regarding using it on me… i have been told not to worry, there is no one on this world that can affect me magically, so i don’t…why would i if i trust her more then i trust myself.
It wasn’t actually the Lamia who told me that…soo… i deeply believe in it all the way.

[quote=“sunas, post:5, topic:1284”]Its not about being a troll and i do know that this post was started because of me. I didn’t come to this forum to Troll all around as i don’t even like the sound of that word. I tend to write what comes to my mind and usually it is a lot of rambling yes, i know…but at least it makes sense to me. If i share its maybe because i would like to see it debated, i would like to see different opinions about it. I came here because of an invite…Because i was wandering some other forum and yes, it seems that on that other website there are a lot more trolls and novices and fakes.
So i accepted the invitation thinking that i would find serious persons in here speaking of serious matters. Once i start to expose my opinions i am trashed literally and taken as a troll, a fake and a child.
Well, what does that make me think ? That changing forum didn’t make quite the difference i was expecting ? I know i haven’t started well on here and i already apologized but some people still don’t get my point, so if they really don’t get it its because they think different and instead of them exposing their ideas and opinions on the matter they simply throw it all on me…
I guess that is just plain rude behaviour which in My opinion fits bad to anyone who really wants to practice magic.
Magic is an art and to be an artist one has to be humble.
Maybe i was rude too, by the way i exposed some of my thoughts and affirmed and reaffirmed some stuff, but they didnt need to be rough back…they could’ve explained it to me. Anyway i hope that i get to learn nice stuff with you all and share nice experiences…
This Egregore thing though, i don’t know i really don’t have much experience about it…but you could go and make a servitor just to keep the website safe…[/quote]

I do agree that some people tend to get pretty abrasive when their opinions are challenged which I do feel is unprofessional. Yes I personally think alot of what you say is BS, but I’m willing to put that aside, because getting angry over some guy wrong on the internet is a meaningless waste of energy to me.

[quote=“sunas, post:5, topic:1284”]Regarding using it on me… i have been told not to worry, there is no one on this world that can affect me magically, so i don’t…why would i if i trust her more then i trust myself.
It wasn’t actually the Lamia who told me that…soo… i deeply believe in it all the way.[/quote]

That being said, as long as you don’t improve your questionable common sense, it is only going to get you into trouble and I’m not going to bail you out without getting something really good in return. Oh well I suppose anything is possible so if you can prove me wrong, I look foreward to seeing if you can put your money where your mouth is and defeat the serious business of the internet when it tries to take you out.

Place your bets everyone, can he beat the odds?

[quote=“sunas, post:5, topic:1284”]Regarding using it on me… i have been told not to worry, there is no one on this world that can affect me magically, so i don’t…why would i if i trust her more then i trust myself.
It wasn’t actually the Lamia who told me that…soo… i deeply believe in it all the way.[/quote]
1)

2)

3)

I have no reasons to live, i have no reasons to worry myself, there is little that can really scare me and there isn’t much that could happen to my life that would really really bother me so i am a badass ? maybe, who cares…
Certainly i don’t think i am a badass because i made a deal with satan, because i didn’t…and i certainly never harmed a fly…would i do it now ? no…i mean nothing changed…
If for you something changed just because of what someone said over the internet then maybe its time to review something in your lives…
Yes internet is a serious business, of that i know. I use it since it exists more or less and i still haven’t understood it…
the concept i understand but the deepness of it, not really.
And business is business…its like one says, if we can’t screw him one way, we’ll screw him the other way…
I just hope no one gets mad at me to the point that they will cause me harm, because honestlly i haven’t caused harm to anyone, or so i hope, just because i challenged their opinions…like you said it so well defectron.

Given recent events, I would argue that there may already be one of these in place…either that or Timothy’s admin powers extend beyond this plane :wink:

That’d be an M Night shamalan level twist if it turned out sunas freind was really an occult ban hammer.

I didn’t say that. This has nothing to do with that problem. Just thought I’d clear that up.

Stop derailing my fucking thread with your sad emo garbage. Anyone who still doubts you’re trolling need only read your contributions here.

[quote=“Poete Maudit, post:1, topic:1284”]Who would like to join me in a practical magical experiment?

The idea would be to create a BALG egregore, with the permission of EA and Timothy, of course, whose purpose is to hunt and, to be frank, “dispose of” trolls who attempt to ply their trade in these forums. If successful it could even go beyond this. I, for instance, have no love for the despicable type of weakling who engages in campaigns of internet bullying against innocent people, and I think it’s high time something was done about them before free speech is curtailed any further in the name of protecting us from these cretins. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Essentially we should decide on its name, seal, appearance, and character, and proceed to approach it through the various forms of divination until the point at which we perform a proper group evocation in order to impart full life to it.

If you’re interested, let us hear your thoughts![/quote]

Go ahead. I support this.

Make the fundamental drive to attract intelligent, though-provoking participants who possess a sincere passion for magick ascent. And, inversely, to ward off mindless vagrants who cheapen and degrade the quality of our discussion.

As someone who speaks their mind fervently, I want to comment on this.

I don’t mind having my philosophical or magickal positions challenged, if the person is respectful, sincere, and constructs thoughtful counter-arguments.

I actually WELCOME that.

On the other hand, I do mind if the person that opposes me is flagrant in their stupidity, careless in their rambling, and fails to provide even a semblance of rationale to back up their statements and accusations.

To me that is blatant trolling, and I BAN that.

I become offended when someone slanders me, claiming “Timothy, you are wrong, your team will lose, and you will end up hurting people if they keep going down this dark path. I need not explain why, all will be revealed.” (paraphrasing)

This is trolling by definition, even if it’s well-intentioned.

Whether telling someone they are “completely full of shit” is unprofessional is totally irrelevant to me.

This forum is not a bland, stuffy, shirt-and-tie-wearing corporation that adheres to the wimpish rigidity of modern political correctness.

E.A. and I decided to start this forum to provide a platform for legitimate, insightful debate and productive discussion. If a few people get their feelings hurt, that’s OK, because we’re dealing in passionate, life-affecting subjects.

I refuse to let the forum rot and collapse, like every other forum did, under the weight of incoherent digressions, by someone like sunas.

Now, on a personal note, I respect YOU, because you’ve posted clear, intelligent, salient thoughts, that I’ve enjoyed.

The problem, is that sunas made a disastrous debut on the forum by trying to convince everyone that all the basic logically-founded principles of Become A Living God are false, and then failing to give even a shred of rationale or evidence to support his defamatory claims.

After letting this queerish fem-slave ramble for three days now without making a single argument that I’d consider cogent or valid, I’ve come to the conclusion that he is NOT a threat or a vicious troll, but is just plain stupid.

Stupid, adj: lacking intelligence or common sense

Make the fundamental drive to attract intelligent, though-provoking participants who possess a sincere passion for magick ascent. And, inversely, to ward off mindless vagrants who cheapen and degrade the quality of our discussion.

Taken to heart. Our own Legba lite.

[quote=“Timothy, post:13, topic:1284”][quote=“Poete Maudit, post:1, topic:1284”]Who would like to join me in a practical magical experiment?

If you’re interested, let us hear your thoughts![/quote]

Go ahead. I support this.

As someone who speaks their mind fervently, I want to comment on this.

I don’t mind having my philosophical or magickal positions challenged, if the person is respectful, sincere, and constructs thoughtful counter-arguments.

I actually WELCOME that.

On the other hand, I do mind if the person that opposes me is flagrant in their stupidity, careless in their rambling, and fails to provide even a semblance of rationale to back up their statements and accusations.

To me that is blatant trolling, and I BAN that.

I become offended when someone slanders me, claiming “Timothy, you are wrong, your team will lose, and you will end up hurting people if they keep going down this dark path. I need not explain why, all will be revealed.” (paraphrasing)

This is trolling by definition, even if it’s well-intentioned.

Whether telling someone they are “completely full of shit” is unprofessional is totally irrelevant to me.

This forum is not a bland, stuffy, shirt-and-tie-wearing corporation that adheres to the wimpish rigidity of modern political correctness.

E.A. and I decided to start this forum to provide a platform for legitimate, insightful debate and productive discussion. If a few people get their feelings hurt, that’s OK, because we’re dealing in passionate, life-affecting subjects.

I refuse to let the forum rot and collapse, like every other forum did, under the weight of incoherent digressions, by someone like sunas.

Now, on a personal note, I respect YOU, because you’ve posted clear, intelligent, salient thoughts, that I’ve enjoyed.

The problem, is that sunas made a disastrous debut on the forum by trying to convince everyone that all the basic logically-founded principles of Become A Living God are false, and then failing to give even a shred of rationale or evidence to support his defamatory claims.

After letting this queerish fem-slave ramble for three days now without making a single argument that I’d consider cogent or valid, I’ve come to the conclusion that he is NOT a threat or a vicious troll, but is just plain stupid.

Stupid, adj: lacking intelligence or common sense[/quote]

Well said Timothy, I agree .

Anyway as I said before I won’t be participating in this project. But just make sure you guys program this well enough that it doesn’t do something like accidently trying to attack me, as I don’t think anyone here wants to deal with that. If you make a robot, make sure its a smart robot that won’t bring backlash.

I support the idea of creating an egregore who can dispose of these annoying trolls, though I’d say the contributing members of this forum have done a pretty good job at outing these guys and running them off.

So we need a magical aptitude test, and an egregore to weed out the unqualified members from our forum? How can I help?

I used to wonder why groups like the masons and golden dawn, etc have tests for wannabe members. Its been my opinion that this information should be free to those who seek it.

However, after watching this forum for the past few months, Ive come to realize its really the best way to go about things. Some of these people come in wanting a quick fix or for the group to just do things FOR them, and giving them information is essentially just casting pearls before swine, wasting the time and energy of all who are involved.

Seems like the older I get, and the more experience I attain, my old belief of “everyone is equal” becomes less and less believable

I have come to the conclusion very quickly that everyone is not equal. Its especially worse when you see people who have this feeling of self entitlement, as some of the people who come to this fourm feel. If you want something done… stop crying take it in your OWN hands and do it YOURSELF.

That is a major problem across this planet in general…Promoting total equality…People have false hopes for goals that are simply unattainable to them…It is a great method of control in all actuality…If you have no arms, you aren’t going to be throwing 3pt shots on a basketball court…It is what it is…

I thought that everyone already knew that no human being is the same…there isn’t one single thing on this world that has an equal.
Therefore this makes no sense :wink:
And you all speak of an egregore for Trolls, ever thought that Trolls, are the persons that should be given more chances in all the ones that are interested ?
Because the Trolls tend to be the ones who know less and are in deep need of teaching. If a person has a disavantage, why do everyone always put that person aside on first sight ? Because they always put themselves first, that is why no one ever goes for the person with a disavantage.
So…the ones thinking on making an egregore for trolls, are actually the ones needing an egregore ? to make sure the actually choose the right persons…
makes any sense ?