An “a-ha” moment of mine

I’ve been eagerly reading my way through my recently acquired copy of Thomas Karlsson’s “Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic” (a book which I was thrilled to receive but had to wait until my workload has decreased to actually dig into) and in the part explaining the worldview, myth and symbolism of Qabalah, Karlsson made a comment about the two opposite pillars representing unity with God and division from God. He explained this was necessary for the worldview of the Qabalists and described the process with how a human is produced in the womb: upon being fertilized and inside the uterus, the egg becomes a cell and divides to make new life.

None of the provided information was ground-breaking but what can be extracted from it is: if we assume or understand the universe to be a plane of existence in which limited material is provided, the universe can make itself limitless by dividing what has been given to it in multiple pieces. What if, unlike mainstream science postulates, we are not living in a constantly expanding universe, but one that shrinks existing matter by occasional division and repulsion, and in the process inevitably creates different substances by pushing multiple repulsed objects within a common area? What if the universe is not going to be conquered by entropy but uses entropy in order to balance the increase of material in one area (i.e, stars and colliding galaxies)? If energy, which makes up matter, cannot be created or destroyed, it is always converted. An expanding system would either create more energy or divide energy so much that energy cannot operate, therefore creating a system that decays by consnstant expansion (energy will be metaphorically stretched so thin it will no longer function as energy). We also don’t have hard evidence that all of space is moving everything further away from everything else, just that our known part of the universe has most galaxies moving away from the Milky Way (except Andromeda).

Personally I’ve found the notion that space is constantly expanding to be somewhat unfounded as of now. Most scientists are just guessing that and few entertain other theories, instead assuming that “the end is the end” or everything just happens again. The universe could be literally infinite, and what’s expanding is our visibility. Or it could be finite and we don’t know the edges or what re-creates elements. In fact, if energy cannot be created, or destroyed, the finite constant-cycling model of the universe might explain some behaviors within it that would contradict the “expansion” or Big Bang model.

I dunno, maybe it’s an entertaining thought but I’m not sure I’m onto anything. But thinking about how the universe functions is interesting. We don’t know a lot and there’s other possibilities.

1 Like