American ninja, kundalini side effects

In the book Path notes of a American Ninja Master the author writes that he used the microcosmic orbit the raise his kundalini. He also wrote that he had detrimental side effects from raising his kundalini.

One would think that a firm base in working with the Qigong system, clearing energetic blockages, and doing the microcosmic orbit prepares the energy system.

Anyone any insights on this?

1 Like

@Mulberry may be able to help.

He had detrimental side effects because he wasn’t properly prepared for the energy, as he admits directly in the book. He was overweight, a smoker, quite sedentary, and did nothing to prepare his body for it. Energy flows best through a relaxed body, and his was full of stress which meant the energy had to burn its way through the obstructions.

Also, remember that his goal wasn’t to raise Kundalini, but to simply increase his chi for breaking bricks in his martial arts practice, so he wasn’t really expecting what happened. However, he later took dozens of his students through the same process without any issues.

But the kundalini has never been without potential dangers. It almost killed Krishnamurti when he went through his, for example.

6 Likes

Yeah it almost killed Gopi Krishna as well, and his autobiography talks all about it. He travelled all over trying to find a guru to help fix it,eventually finding out that the kundalini had risen through the “wrong channels” somehow. He never could explain it technically. Once he fixed that it worked fine.

I think l American Ninja. though it’s been many years since I read it, also dived into extended water fasting without taking care to slow down and taxed his body that way. He wasn’t the cautious type :smiley:

The two systems are different, but related. The main difference in qigong teaches you to start with a very small amount of energy, which you cultivate into your lower dan tian, it’s not from the root, and how to feel and learn every energy point along the way, gently guiding the energy where it’s supposed to go safely. You do not try to get it to blast out of the top of your head in one go, and never mind what it blows to smithereens on the way.

Yes exactly. Little by little you cultivate more energy and unblock and widen the meridians over time, under control and observation. If something goes wrong, it will be subtle, you can examine it and course correct.

It’s more left brained and technical, where the kundalini exercises are more right brained, “think about what you want and don’t worry about how”. As we are still transitioning out of the age of Pisces, it makes sense to me that the left brained approach fits the overall energy patterns we live in better for now. I think some of the deeper, even more technical practices can start to give way to a more yin right brained approach now, but by and large the detail oriented, yang and masculine way is very suitable for most of us.

6 Likes

“I learned to open the kidney 1 and perineum points to ground first,
as a basic safety procedure. Then the crown to connect with the
cosmos. Then the microcosmic orbit, then cultivate to nowhere else but
lower dan tian. As lower dan tian and the microcosmic orbit gain
strength, that’s how all other points get more energy. Never
directly.”

Can I follow these instruction (here above) and then start opening these 14 energy centers along the MCO, after those 14 are opened. Can I start working on the Greater Khan and Li (Kunda) ? Or do I need to know everything about the 12 meridians and every single minute thing about Qiqong before I can start raising my Kundalini?

1 Like

The Lesser Kan and Li uses points from the microcosmic orbit, the Greater Kan and Li includes more points in the limbs, but the main thing is to be aware of all of your energies, so you can remove tension or stagnant qi. Mantak Chia’s book “The Practice of the Greater Kan and Li” has a whole chapter on “warm ups” to help remove these little blocks. Running the orbits aren’t one of them, it’s mostly exercises to move qi using the breath, but I think running the microcosmic orbit helps as well, so I think you’ll be fine.

Do will want to spend some time figuring out where your organs are in your body and sensing their energies. The practice of the inner smile is helpful to start this.

I do suggest reading the whole book front to back to get the gist as you can’t force it with mind only.

3 Likes

Regardless, this isn’t too uncommon with early breakthroughs in any spiritual practice. What’s probably the case, in my opinion, is that what was already going on with the person became more pronounced with the magickal/energetic experiences and effects going on as well. Even if you don’t think you’re crazy, then it probably just hits you harder and you have to deal with that while dealing with being an imperfect being.

It’s good to have things to balance that out though. A tired analogy, but you have to give the body a rest from exercise, and the mind in its own way needs its own kind of rest and energetic balancing. If your eyes are on fire from kundalini shooting up your back then eventually you’re probably gonna want to chill out a bit. Once you realize that the experience wasn’t a fluke and you can replicate that sort of thing with the same practices it’s easier to chill.

1 Like

Its still a bit unclear to me if Kundalini is a like volcano type of force. That keeps flowing and flowing once a person has broken the shell that holds it in place. Or that it can be raised manually and thus the practisioner could take breaks (when needed) just like you said.

Thanks for the book recommendation, the screenshot I had provided earlier is actually from a dvd series that I found on Yt. It’s from the author you mentioned and it teaches about the MCO. Nice to see you are referencing his material, which implies I found a proper informational source to study from.

1 Like

Doing Tai Chi, yoga, or Falun Gong exercises is a better way to prepare the human body to handle the energies.

You can begin the process manually, and this is basically what people are talking about when they say they have “raised kundalini” multiple times. However, after a certain point, momentum takes over, and the energy rises on its own. In my opinion, the kundalini energy itself wants to complete the circuit and will burn through all resistance to do so.

4 Likes

Kundalini is essentially a nuclear reactor melting down in your energy body as the latent psychic energy is released without constraint or control. In full cases I say death would be the preferable result. You can release that latent energy in controlled bursts accessing only as much as you need which is what people who claim to raise kundalini do without realizing it but most of the time no one claiming to have raised it has done anything of the sort except psyche themselves out or come close to triggering it with potentially deadly consequences.

I have had the same almost kundalini awakening start to occur with me before it got shut down and I learned safe ways to free up that latent energy without risking my soul which involves advanced practices involving void meditation and biofeedback that locks the release to your will the second your will falters so does the release of energy and the system safely shuts down with immolating yourself.

Of course most will disagree with me here but I consider it foolish to view kundalini as any kind of positive event or force but to each their own. Most are in no danger of being able to awaken it without outside influence and such influence is unlikely to be benign. Better off learning to better use and grow the energy already available to you than trying to awaken the latent energies holding your being together.

It’s like with meditation practices or other habits, do it often enough and it becomes a natural occurrence.