Amazon . com

I have an amazon acct. What would you go and get, on Prime from amazon if you could, wanna get best stuff for me buck.

thanx

Like metaphysical stuff? Not sure what is being sold there, I have never bought a thing from Amazon because they are taking business away from other marketplaces, all those chinese free shippers and penny sellers so I have a bit of a grudge against them. Just be leary of anyone charging like 1 penny to $1 for an item with $9-$15 shipping. Those sellers are reversing their prices and the listed shipping price is actually what they want for the item, but they are listing the price under the shipping instead because they are only charged fees on the item price so if they list at a penny to $1 their fee will be $0 to 10 cents.

So if they can be dishonest about that, they may be dishonest about what they are selling too. My dad bought of bunch of 1 penny books and the seller sent all the wrong stuff and most was damaged too and my dad said, well I’m not going to complain I only paid a penny each. I was like, the seller did that on purpose dad, to avoid fees and because they know you won’t bother complaining if you think you only paid a penny. The $9.95 you paid for shipping is actually what you paid for the books because I just weighed them on my scale and media mail, it only costs $3.85 to mail all 3 of those books. So you actually paid $6.10 plus 3 cents for the books.

So just watch the penny sellers, they are dishonest and if you do have to file a claim against them for getting a damaged or the wrong item, Amazon will only refund you the penny in most cases. Prime is a gimmick to make money. I’d love to take Amazon down because they are slowly becoming a dictator in the online sales world but just me against millions of people that love those chinese sellers offering everything for $1 with free shipping, I wouldn’t stand a chance.

I agree in principle with everything RavensAscent says, BUT, Amazon have the power right now - we can either exploit it/use it/benefit, or gain the power to go do our own thing that’s ten times better. Or at least, manifest a serious competitor.

Like how Facebook (which I hate, just for the record) killed MySpace and probably LiveJournal etc.

I’ve only had good experiences with Amazon’s penny-books, they sell in the UK for that + £2.85 (I think) and I’ve got books I wanted for a good price - there is a HUGE issue in the UK of basically unwanted books, some charity shops (who sell freely donated goods to raise funds) won’t even TAKE books, and this was before Amazon made a name for themselves.

And they have a special problem with books on fringe subjects, last summer’s blockbuster that’s made into a movie will always sell, more obscure topics, not so much.

Anyway morally speaking, I figure it’s not my fight, and also 2 of my best mates sell e-books on the very same platforrm, apparently it fucked them about as well changing rates and stuff, but that’s because it’s the only game in town.

So I’m both “Yay! Vive la resistance” and also I’ll probably buy things from them when other avenues are too difficult/pricey/elaborate. Sorry! :confused:

Well if that isnthe scraps that are thrown yhe dogs its either take itnor starve (lol). The thought of manifesting a serious competitor sounds like interesting idea of warfare. I read something awhile back and I think it was in Europe. Some guys did something different and decided to make vending machines that delivered little storybooks for casual stores or articles while transiting on the bus or train for example.

I’m OLD, but I remember when Yahoo WAS the internet, and MySpace was the place you had to be for social networking.

Things change so fast in the online world, it would be easy to topple the 'Zon IF you had a spirit or two inspiring what’s the thing that you can do better than them.

I don’t take sides in politics or business any more, although I used to be a committed activist - I just shoot for what I want, and laugh when it actually appears! :wink:

I like Amazon. I have had absolutely no problems with them. The only metaphysical book I’ve purchased was a copy of Enochian Vision Magick by Lon Milo Duquette and it was perfect (so were the martial arts books I ordered as well).

I’ve also purchased a lot of books on Kindle and recommend Damon Brand’s books on magick.

You could also check out Abebooks.com, which is an online consortium of booksellers around the world.

And also a subsidiary of the Zon… http://www.abebooks.com/books/CompanyInformation/

I’m OLD, but I remember when Yahoo WAS the internet, and MySpace was the place you had to be for social networking.

Things change so fast in the online world, it would be easy to topple the 'Zon IF you had a spirit or two inspiring what’s the thing that you can do better than them.

I don’t take sides in politics or business any more, although I used to be a committed activist - I just shoot for what I want, and laugh when it actually appears! ;)[/quote]

Yeah I never actually was an activiat to thianday since am early age…I saw throughbit like I saw through religion andnother things. I think it has somethingnto do with spiritual mentors being there by my side since I was little. Anyway… I would do it or something similar just to have fun. Afterall, in this world one must have fun to make life worth living…it just sounds much cooler when you can say “Im doing it for the good of the world.”

truthfully, i could not care less for the Amazozon good v bad discussion. perhaps i did not phrase it right. because out of 7 comments,i have only one item to consider.
i only care about acquisition-from who for why means 0. i could find an argument to strip the higher virtued argument, and 20 years from now we will all still be wrong.

so, evidently there is nothing on amazon anyone here would get. easy enough.

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:1, topic:6879”]I have an amazon acct. What would you go and get, on Prime from amazon if you could, wanna get best stuff for me buck.

thanx[/quote]

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:1, topic:6879”]I have an amazon acct. What would you go and get, on Prime from amazon if you could, wanna get best stuff for me buck.

thanx[/quote]

Want nothing at the moment but if I was going to get something it would probably be some DVD Audios.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Necklace-Sigil-Lucifer-Pendant-Occult/dp/B016ZL11G4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1450754640&sr=8-10&keywords=occult+supplies]http://www.amazon.com/Necklace-Sigil-Lucifer-Pendant-Occult/dp/B016ZL11G4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1450754640&sr=8-10&keywords=occult+supplies[/url]

They’ve got books, candles, incense, you name it. I have no problem with Amazon. I buy a lot of stuff from them. If/when something better comes along, I’ll use them. This stuff about “penny sellers” was news to me.

No you phrased your question right, I understood what you meant but everytime I hear someone supporting Amazon it makes me sick because they are causing so many national chain stores that have been around since the 1800’s to shut down because of their chinese sellers offering everything for $1 with free shipping and our American stores that have been a part of our communities for years can’t compete with that so I always feel the need to rant a bit and try to drive people away from that site. Just my anarchism kicking in.

Anyone who supports chinese sellers that are ruining the American economy by selling to us, since people would rather support china to save a ton of money than to support the U.S., is a company I try to avoid and speak out against. Sorry, but it’s something I feel strongly about. If you were an online seller you would understand. The chinese get to ship their packages for free while U.S., Canadian and E.U. sellers have constant postage rate increases every year that force us to pay for what the USPS is losing by offering the chinese free shipping. We are footing their bill so they can ship crappy merchandise over seas for free and ruin our economy in the process since the profit goes to china’s economy and those giant American manufacturers are helping them do it by outsourcing everything.

So yes, I have a big problem with Amazon and Etsy because they support that. Thanks to the chinese getting free shipping, I now have to raise my lowest shipping price, yet again, from $2.99 to $4.10 in order to cover my shipping, packing supplies, selling fees etc. So order from ebay and set the filters to your country only, or search for a good metaphysical retailer. I know a few good ones if interested.

Sorry for my rant, Amazon is an ass and I’m on pain meds, they make me a bit snappy.

Wouldn’t anarchism involve letting people buy from whoever the hell they want?

Wouldn’t anarchism involve letting people buy from whoever the hell they want?[/quote]

I’m on pain meds roght now and really don’t know what I’m talking about. I had a surgery andnkeep falling asleep on myself but I mean my own anarchism which is me doing and saying whatever the hell I want LOL, not everyone else. I just mean I don’t think about what other people want, it’s up to them to fight for their desires and and such. Anyway, back on topic, sorry for going off topic too much.

I wonder if the same arguments were used by the makers of buggywhips .Change is evolution, we love AND WERE TAUGHT TO VALUE things in our youth, and to protect and defend them-is in our mind to protect and defend ourselves. Christoper Hyatts works are on amazon, and so glad at easy prices, so far from what i have read and worked and experianced, his " undoing yourself"- is about the best Magickal Personal Preparation Works to prevent unseen internal barriers yo magickal advanment or simply personal advance. curl up and stubbornly refuse to leave the box, you will find it in the dumpster uf the past headed for recycle—and you the posessor of valuble lost time---- i kmow, i am 54 and spent over 35 years doing just that in the face of ’ the other world calling me out to higher things’ i could still be there now= not here, yyyyuuuukkkk !

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:9, topic:6879”]truthfully, i could not care less for the Amazozon good v bad discussion. perhaps i did not phrase it right. because out of 7 comments,i have only one item to consider.
i only care about acquisition-from who for why means 0. i could find an argument to strip the higher virtued argument, and 20 years from now we will all still be wrong.

so, evidently there is nothing on amazon anyone here would get. easy enough.

thanx[/quote][/quote]