Am I evil?

Eloquent as always Uncle Al

1 Like

I have seen in my life the manifestation of evil itself…so…in a way I disagree. Intent and consciousness delivers the end result. I have seen pure black dead eyes twice within my 33yrs and yes…that Shi××t shook me to the coreeeee. Mind you, fun for me is playing in the dark and visting abandoned over-grown cemeteries. I am the first one to see the “what’s that noise” in the night type of chick. So…this was no joke.

1 Like

Evil to me is inducing suffering on someone for the sake of it i.e torture, starvation,murder,theft ect. As Well as manipulating others to induce these acts of corruption…which inevitably leads suffering.

Self defense and defence of others are justived. Pretty much in alignment with @Lady_Eva because in committing these act you are striping the individual of their freedom and their choice to a life lead without suffering.

2 Likes

I believe the best answer to the question of right and wrong in terms of self knowledge of the difference, or societal teachings making is aware of the difference.
Once were aware of the difference, we choose to do right or wrong.
The problem gets deeper. Society does not stay static in terms of what’s right or wrong … and not all children are taught by loving parents. Hence learning through “hard knocks”.

1 Like

The majority was, is and will be always wrong.

btw: pagan rome also had its witch trials

Wasn’t one of the trees in Eden, supposed to teach man kind what those two things are?
And wasn’t the “demiurge” trying to keep them from knowing that secret, since they would become equal in mind with “god”? (who is beyond those constructs)

3 Likes

But what if you kill, and gather the energy of hate -filter it, and empower yourself with it, so you could commit more killings? :thinking: That would basicly break your idea.

1 Like

Nope. Because it still had a reaction, which you are using to your advantage

3 Likes

What i was trying to say: is that the "sense for ‘justice’ ", which i assumed he holds on to,
wouldn’t bring the punishment the victor “would deserve”.

Its like: the robbery who don’t get caught. if they manage to stay unrecognized, then they deserve the goods and money they have stolen -but if they let themselves to be put in jail, then they fucked up.

1 Like

No he doesn’t seem to hold justice. Was just saying everything is one and the same

2 Likes

hey its cool

1 Like

If you are going from the perspective of a catholic/Christian ect. Yes.

From the perspective of the magician no.
You have the tree of life and the tree of knowledge.
The forces of both can be used for benefit and bane, creation and destruction. Therefore both can be used for “good” and “evil” therefore they both are and are not good and evil. Both of the lie.

3 Likes

I don’t like it myself, but it seems that natural law is the sociopath law “If god didn’t want them short, he wouldn’t have made them sheep”, “If they let someone do it to them, they deserved for it to be done”. It’s not considered an injustice when a bobcat eats a hare, because one was made a bobcat and the other was made a hare.

I’ve been working at thinking above duality, and the results end up sounding cold, but it matches my observations of a largely indifferent world, better than religious peoples’ platitudes about benevolent omnipotent Father’s that won’t fix anything, and all the ugly stuff “happening for a reason”.

2 Likes

If it’s an equal amount of harm then I’d say it’s fair not evil.

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t read the whole thread yet. But, isn’t harming people evil and helping people good?

Sometimes we need to harm someone for a good cause (disabling an attacker who would kill innocents, for example). Sometimes giving help to others is a bad thing (providing aid to a serial killer, for example). It is extremely difficult to make any absolute moral proclamations that are true in all cases.

2 Likes

I’m optomistic I guess and think we can speed it’s deevolution.

Now as for hurting family and being evil for it? Depends on what your mind thinks of the circumstance and why it was done. In the end your Self is the only judge and executioner.

@Sheogorath. Some animals do kill for pleasure (not just human and cats :wink: )
I guess it could still be something to consider though.
I just think it sadistic when I see an Orca Whale take down a seal. That’s an extreme to playing with your food.

@Kamarov, that a good example. An example that comes to mind for me (and yes I know it’s fiction and anime but it’s still a good example) The Saga of Tanya the Cruel. In this anime this small child maybe 12 yrs old is put to use in an active war. She is gifted magically and is the worst kind of Sociopath I’ve seen in fiction.

She becomes an officer through her talent and ruthlessness. She butchers innocents and even has her own men murdered who won’t obey. One episode she tricks a town of people into Not evacuating so she can come in and destroy them by making them think her warnings are a child’s prank (remember a 12 yr old).
She even takes pleasure at times in the pain she causes.
I would call her one evil little bitch and one hell of a villian in fiction but she does not see any of this as evil or wrong but what she must do to get free of her problems.

@Dinmiatus don’t forget the tree of death :wink:

:alien: i didnt you have the tree of life aka tree of the sephiroth and then you have the tree of knowledge aka tree of daath/death/nightside of the tree of life depending on the text you consult. :wink:

1 Like

Lol ty for that info, I forget all its names!

I know the feeling :laughing: for example the amount of cross referencing needed to make sense of the old alchemy texts it nuts :skull_and_crossbones:

It’s a basic principle for existence.