Am I a Black Magician?

I still consider myself a black magician, but my own gnosis has been leading me in some very different directions.

I’ll give a few examples:

I no longer believe in only using the darkness or that somehow the darkness / the demonic is better to use. Actually I believe a balance of light and dark are required in order to really be happy and be able to use magick to its highest potential.

I believe the RHP has it about 95% right. I think that going against the Flow all the time is a great way of burning out and not really getting true happiness. So I’m all about surrender and effortlessness about 95% of the time, except that I also believe that I am my own person and have my desires which I have no guilt about pursuing whole-heartedly. It’s just that in my experience, surrender/effortlessness is a far more effective way to getting those desires than force and effort.

I also believe that to curse another is just stupid. I have no moral qualm with it, as morality is meaningless and the universe honestly couldn’t care less about our ideas of right and wrong. But cursing is just stupid because in order to curse, you have to tune yourself to that negative energy which you are trying to perpetuate upon another. You can’t send out what you don’t have yourself. And by having it yourself, you must delve into that harmful and negative place long enough to attempt to will it upon another. While perhaps it might have some short-term satisfaction, I believe the long-term effects are always going to be negative, and I believe there is always a better way.

I’m not interested in debating the points above, I’m only laying out my own philosophy to demonstrate where I stand, and to ask the question, is it possible to be a black magician and yet to believe that which I’ve discussed above?

I definitely wouldn’t classify myself as a white magician because I’m not going to subjugate myself to any supreme being. I just don’t believe the universe is against my will inherently and I think the quickest way to get what I want is to work with the mechanics of the universe, which work best with an attitude of surrender and effortlessness. I’m a big believer in philosophical Taoism, in the way of non-doing / wu-wei.

Interested in your thoughts.

10 Likes

I think this just means you are past the point of labeling yourself and that’s a good thing.

I myself don’t adhere strictly to either side of the coin as well.

You’re finding your oun way and that is what is important here.

You are just a Magician. Not Black, not White, not Gray. You slide the bar to where it is appropriate for the moment.

So don’t worry about it, you are just fine.

8 Likes

Thanks, I like that. :slight_smile: It’s true we can get obsessive about labels. Just a magician, just working magick as I see fit. :+1:

4 Likes

Maybe you’re a Rainbow Wizard?

7 Likes

Ok I just LOVE that hat!!! :grin:

1 Like

Those pants aren’t bad in an old Kung fu 70s movie way, I couldn’t find a rainbow robe. Yeah the stuff you can google/bing and products sold are just amazing in a techno magic way.

2 Likes

I have the robe, lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Absolutely! Behold the great and terrible Rainbow Wizard!

4 Likes

Very clever lad. You’re right on many levels. We all take different paths throughout our lifetime. You will find that many who think they are all knowing and are on an extreme path, whatever that may be, are in for a few very unpleasant surprises.

The lucifarian path that i have chosen has many variables and can withstand many asaults of man and nature and of the spirit realms.

What you’re posting is your own acknowledgement of your beliefs through your spiritual and pyschic journey to accession which will lead you to a better life both physically and spiritually.

I received a vision recently of a brown snake crawling up a tree, slowly climbing upward towards a black raven which had perched itself on a tree branch. The snake a symbol of poison, bit the raven and then retreated. To me this warning was a symbol that you must look at things from all angles before moving forward with any endeavour.

4 Likes

Thats an awesome way of putting it and im glad you’ve reached this point @Melektoth

3 Likes

Thanks! And yes I agree.

Interesting. Would you describe Luciferianism, at least as you see it, as strictly of darkness or more of a balance?

3 Likes

I too would say that by my own definitions you qualify as magician neither dark nor light, white or black or whatever other fancy terms you want to slap on and while from my point of view you are still missing a few small things those will come in time with certain experiences and can’t be rushed but will further refine your beliefs when they do occur.

Though that said don’t be afraid to take up titles relevant to specialized areas of your skills. I do enjoy referring to myself as a Chaos Sorcerer just because of my skill with Chaos magick. They serve more as titles showing areas of skill and interest that fall under the broader magician category showing how you prefer to use that balance of forces.

4 Likes

You claim not to have subjected yourself to a supreme being, but you most certainly have. Your view of the universe is your supreme being and you find magical success in subjecting yourself to it.

Also, the labels of black and white are foolish ideals meant for growing a sense of morality for children. But, when you become an adult, you realize that nothing and no one is wholly black or white, everything is in an agathokakological mess of variable shades of grey. Call yourself a magician, and think about grander things.

Why you even want to label yourself? You are you and you’re following your own path. If you really need to use a colour for who you are, I’d say you sound more like grey. But, does it matter? I don’t think so.

I never understood about that “balance” that everyone here talking about… Light and Darkness is wherever your eyes fall upon. My vision was always better in the darkness than other people. Maybe because I grew up with Shadows and I got used to it? Never really thought about it…
I see Light in the deeper Darkness and Darkness in the brighter Light. And they all co-exist and dwell inside of me. So I never, not even once, felt the need to go “find” any of the two. Aren’t all humans like this?
Not debating your POV’s here, just expressing my own thoughts on that matter.

3 Likes

A balance. In Latin, the morning star Venus was sometimes referred to as Lucifer, literally “bringer of light.” This is how the word originally entered the Bible. Luciferians, the theory of Lucifer represent the dualistic nature of the universe both good and evil. Lucifer, the light bearer with a torch of knowledge presents enlightenment without harm, it is how people use that knowledge that presents a problem.

For me Lucifer is a being that brings out enlightenment in those who truly seek it. He is not a external power that hands out knowledge so much as one who assists a seeker in bringing it out of himself subjectively.

My view is that we are beings who have mastery of the planet. Luciferianism pays respect to Lucifer rather than worship him. We are not subservient to Lucifer but believe he has many things to teach us and hold to a set of values creativity, excellence, success, freedom, individuality, and enjoyment.

Balance is also a significant component of the concept of Lucifer. He is moderation over extremes. He is both the light and the darkness, as you cannot have one without the other, and there are lessons to be learned from both.

Some Luciferians consider Lucifer an actual being, while I consider him entirely symbolic. Many agree that ultimately it doesn’t actually matter since the focus is upon the principles of Lucifer, not submission to a supernatural intelligence.

Lucifer represents to me creativity, freedom, perfection, development, exploration, and knowledge through experience and learning from my mistakes with some hard lessons over accepted truths. He represents rebellion from dogma and other elements of control so that you can become the enlightened and successful individual you should be, not a living god but simply a success.

3 Likes

The hat is fire :fire: :boom:

1 Like