Altar of the Dead

For those who have worked with or read Liber Falxifer, do you think it would be safe and effective to work with the Altar of the Dead without working with the rest of the grimoire? I’m interested in beginning the practice of necromancy and developing mediumistic skills as described in the chapter, but I doubt that my own ancestors would be of much use or have many interesting things to say. However, I’m not in a position right now to commit to the exhaustive and expensive work that goes into working with Qayin as described in the book.

If you want to get into necromancy without having to do everything in that particular book, The Witches Book of the Dead is a fair primer. It’s definitely not the end all of necromancy, but it’ll get ya started. An altar of the dead is used in that book.

No way am I reading anything by this guy…

The Salem Witches conduct a Ritual to Heal and Bind Charlie Sheen

Don’t be so prejudiced. The book is pretty sound. There simply aren’t that many books on practical necromancy to start getting picky.
I use the book often and with a few tweaks it works perfectly.

I don’t really need another book, I’ve read enough about this type of altar to know how it works. I’m just wondering if it would be wise to work with the particular “strain” of spirits that come with using this particular method.

I don’t recomend using any of the sigils of the cult unless fully dedicated into it, sealed in your blood before the master.
It’s going to open you up to some problems for sure.
You can though use the basic set up to contact, venerate, and work with your own known ancestors.

1 Like

That’s what I was worried about. Still I think it’s not worth the effort to work with my blood ancestors for several reason, but I have a couple other ideas in mind as to what spirits to work with.

I enjoyed Connolly’s Honoring Death and Necromantic Sacraments. I understand your dilemma, most of my ancestors were devout Christians but for me its more about honoring those I had a deep connection with as opposed to trying get them to work for me.

I believe I have that book on my Kindle, but I haven’t read it yet. Might give it a look soon.

Necromamcy is intense.
There is no safety.

Dante will be releasing a book in the near futere entitled Necromantic Sorcery: Forbidden Rites of Death Magick, which may be able to provide better guidance…

When is that book scheduled to be released ?

I couldnt give you an estimated time, but I’m sure E A will do a newsletter about it.