All my friends have just went quiet

Yeah, but if those are your old childhood friends, you have to cut tie with, then that’s HARD.

3 Likes

It can be but in the end… it’s just you.

2 Likes

Ummm, what life is without true friends, specifically childhood friends with whom you can act total retard without any concern. :disappointed: so much thing to manage, juggle in life, it’s HARD.

2 Likes

Well I mean I wouldn’t know about that kids didn’t like me as a child lol.

2 Likes

Come on, everybody has their childhood friends, kindergarden besties. Those with whom you shared your early teens. (they are the best)

3 Likes

Cant say I do haha.

3 Likes

It’s just the same for me, and even if the common response to this is “it’s their loss”, the loss of the one bringing the issue up might feel greater.

The term of “it’s their loss” is commonly used within love and relationships, too. How could it possibly be “their loss”, when most of these people involved doesn’t care or give a shit about the people they’ve hurt or abandoned?

Over the years, I’ve learned to just keep in touch with friends when I feel like it. I don’t care if it takes weeks, months or years before I call them. I set the terms of socializing now. Not them.

5 Likes

Those are deep words, brother. Profound and deep. :cry:

4 Likes

I know what you mean. I helped people but when i needed helpself only the closest friends are there.

Just tune in for a while. You will unexpected connect to the right people. Old friends who are in tune come back. New friends will come

4 Likes

May be your dark night of the soul is about to start. Take good care buddy.

3 Likes

That was the only one that has not went quite :joy:

2 Likes

I understand and agree with you. Setting boundaries is very good . I am of the persuasion that ultimately it is their loss. To me that means that we continue with our lives and move on and yes sometimes those fuckers come back around . I have had people come back maybe years later and tell me that they are sorry that they realized that they had treated me like shit. So either they realize and come back with their tail between their legs or life usually bites them in the ass some other kind of way. So I’m the end yes they lost . Fuck them im happy and moving forward lol

3 Likes

Are you in the USA? It is memorial day weekend…

1 Like

It started way before then …

1 Like