All in your head?

‘It’s All in Your Head …You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head Is!’

• Lon Milo DuQuette

As a new occultist this quote got me thinking. The demons and spirits we have experienced exist, the members of this forum have established that. Though the question of ‘are these spirits projected aspects of the human psyche or true external entities?’ has undoubtedly troubled many occult practitioners for years.

E A’s video ‘I ask Azazel…’ gave an interesting insight to this point and it is probably the closest representation of my beliefs, though I would be very interested to hear the various viewpoints people work on when it comes to this subject.

By the way I know I’m a newcomer here and therefore I hope you all don’t mind me starting new topics right away! : )

Famous occultist Crowley catalogued them as “parts of the human subconscious”,but the more you work with them the more you tend to believe they’re external forces.

Why not both?

Aren’t you, the puny human, simply a fairy-tale in the mind of God?

Wouldn’t the Demon then, exist both existentially & subjectively?

Essentially: The macrocosmic forces only become applicable to the microcosm when both forces are aligned, one juxtaposed on the other.

If the spirit only exists in your mind…and it’s quite possible…then your mind must ‘merge’ with the Macrocosmic essential base ether of creation to ‘create’ it objectively in the Microcosm. The base ether, the force, was always there, simply objectified & personalized though a juxtaposition.

In Quabbalistic terms: You are filtering the forces of the Ayn down the tree to a temporary Malkuth manifestation; merging higher forces with the lower.

Were you real, before God dreamed you up? Do you not still have the ‘base’ connection to know what God is on this lower realm?

Therefore I offer an analogy for those that ‘pray’; can God here you before you call, or did he already know you would? Did he exist before you brought him into your mind, merging the lower with the higher?

The same can be said of the spirit, which are base forces of nature; since within the unformed worlds of the non-sequential, where time doesn’t exist, all things always were, always will be, and elicit unlimited possibility.

It takes two to tango.

I know at least some of the demons I contact are parts of my godform, but I don’t believe this is the case for all of them as there do seem to be at least some entities I have come across that are not a part of me.

If we are a mirror for the macrocosm anything that exists externally exists internally. The deeper you go the more you’ll see spirit works through you and the more well balanced and prepared for the changes you wish to cause the better they manifest.

Projecting the consciousness into a mirror or crystsl ball is not all that different than projecting it into a triangle.

These lyrics make me wonder if ACDC ever did evocation:

[Who made who, who made you
Who made who
Ain’t nobody told you
Who made who, who made you
If you made them and they made you
Who pick up the bill and who made who
Ain’t nobody told you
Who made who
Who made you
Who made who
Who made who
Yeah
Nobody told you]

I realize I really didn’t add anything intelligent here, so forgive me for butting in. It’s just that the song kind of makes me wonder when put in light of EA’s evocation of Azazel.

I just had a fantastic divination with Belial about this[being all in my head], and I decided I’d transcribe it direct to BALG…{I probably lost some of it, I didn’t write it down, instead typing, as it was impromptu}

The questions in my mind were thus; In alignment with Crowley’s / Mathers Goetia intro claim that you are simply activating subconscious forces, Belial gave me a specific answer, that was in-fact rather forthright, and useful to an overall perspective.

[b]Belial speaks

Think of commanding the universe in this context:

Portions of your subconscious mind are like scales, or musical rods vibrating at a certain frequency. In a similar respect as to when a small microphone reaches a certain frequency, it then becomes capable of shattering or manipulating a larger piece of glass, essentially, this happens in respect to controlling much larger macrocosmic forces by a relatively tiny portion of your mind.

Breaking glass with sound]

Only when the frequency is an exact match, are you able to call forth the pre-existing forces of the universe, oscillating in unison, to bend reality to your will. All is one, and one is all, and when you realize this fact, you control reality.

Awesome. Self explanatory.

Had to share.

The whole world is in your head. All of your sensory input is interpreted and organized in a particular manner that comprises “reality”. However, our interpretation of reality is just that: an interpretation. We can’t assume that the way we orient to reality means anything to even apes, let alone the rest of organic existence. Yet and still, our hubris gets in the way and, when we find something, we automatically start believing in the hype of our perception.

So it’s all in your head, but it doesn’t make it any less real. Each one of those so-called “spirits” can achieve a state of existence here that is equally as pronounced as an apple, a tree, a person, a rock… but if it is not acceptable to us, we won’t be able to experience it like that until we can honestly do that. Even these explanations are based off that interpretation… so it’s fun to contemplate, but in the end, it is quite masturbatory.

That’s why we got magick: we get to explore our horizons far more and discover the truths of our own godhood. However, where one thing ends or begins, what hierarchy is the true hierarchy, did the chicken or the egg comes first… the answer to all these questions is yes. Then the second answer to all these questions is no. Then the 3rd answer is “What do you think”? Then the final answer is giraffe necks.

Hey All,

I got a cool youtube channel that I was going through that pretty much follows the train of thought in the line of this question. It’s definitely more science related but I feel its a good watch: (still don’t know how to link this properly lol) [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45Q1_psDqk&list=UU6nSFpj9HTCZ5t-N3Rm3-HA]Is Anything Real? - YouTube

Anyway enjoy!

Keez

[quote=“Gnosis, post:8, topic:3671”]I just had a fantastic divination with Belial about this[being all in my head], and I decided I’d transcribe it direct to BALG…{I probably lost some of it, I didn’t write it down, instead typing, as it was impromptu}

The questions in my mind were thus; In alignment with Crowley’s / Mathers Goetia intro claim that you are simply activating subconscious forces, Belial gave me a specific answer, that was in-fact rather forthright, and useful to an overall perspective.

[b]Belial speaks

Think of commanding the universe in this context:

Portions of your subconscious mind are like scales, or musical rods vibrating at a certain frequency. In a similar respect as to when a small microphone reaches a certain frequency, it then becomes capable of shattering or manipulating a larger piece of glass, essentially, this happens in respect to controlling much larger macrocosmic forces by a relatively tiny portion of your mind.

Breaking glass with sound]

Only when the frequency is an exact match, are you able to call forth the pre-existing forces of the universe, oscillating in unison, to bend reality to your will. All is one, and one is all, and when you realize this fact, you control reality.

Awesome. Self explanatory.

Had to share.[/quote]

Holy Shit!! This is exactly how I see this. There’s an occult teaching regarding how to soul travel on vibrations of sound. Our minds project what we want or see happening during our visualizations. The force of the entity amplifies it to cause change. Whether you believe it is inside you, outside you or you even created it makes no difference. The vibration during the Theta-Gamma sync being amplified causes the energy shift. The energy shift, much like an earthquake begins under the earth, manifests itself in the world we see, later on.