All Important Me

Okay, so I know there will be some groans over this practice of deleting Ego; especially with left hand path practitioners. But, left me define what I mean about Ego.

What I mean about Ego, isn’t self identity or that part we call “I”. Yet, it is what I call “the big I” or “I” or the “All Important Me”.

Let’s face it, our Ego, when defined like this, can clearly it in our way…
In magic, I’m self development, in life, in our relationships. The key to all of them isn’t utter destruction of self identity, but in setting aside that big all important Me & idea we have of ourselves & doing & seeing that we aren’t exactly who we thought we were.

Sometimes this takes us down a notch or two, sometimes it elevates our view of ourselves. Either way, it’s getting closer to one’s true reflection. That’s important, it helps us be genuine, helps us along many paths, to see how far we’ve come, how much we’ve grown, & how much further we have to go & how much remains the same.

It also allows us to sacrifice the Big “I” of our world & instead operate from what I call the little “i”. This “i” may seem less powerful, smaller, as if we’re being robed of something, until you find yourself there. Then you see how open it is, how much a wonderful & exciting mystery it is. You realise you have so much more to you than your narrow definitions of the big “I”. You start to live, not caught up in your story or your head. You start to listen closer, understand more easily, notice things you normally over look… You find all sorts of treasures.

You start to live life as you come to it, & not by some script you set out for it. You can do everything with less thought of, “well I have to”, or whatever muddle is going through your brain most the time.

You stop being a victim, you start to enjoy & be able to see your relationships more clearly. You become less selfish & start using your craft to help others, instead of always chasing after something you may not want in the end. You become more open, more receptive to the spirits you work with. You realise that while you’re a living God, so is everyone else…while you have the potential to bend reality to your wishes & will, so does everyone else. You lose that firm grip you had of “being the chosen one”, you fall for it less, you don’t get the Messiah complex of being others only hope for salvation & happiness.

You realise you didn’t need that new tarot deck after all (got mine by the way) & that your money was better spent on having a cup of coffee with a friend, or being able to have enough to give that hard working & deserving waitress a healthier tip than normal.

You show people that just because you’re a witch (or whatever) or a LHP that doesn’t mean you’re a bad person who only thinks about themselves & every petty, & dark desire that you long to achieve & fulfill.

You prove mastery over the illusion of who & what you think you are & do so in a way that will make the most devout & content Saint say, “I want what they’ve got”. You’re identity isn’t tied up in all the stories you tell yourself & waist valuable energies to feed & preserve (thinking it’s strong & powerful, but really week, insecure, fragile, & not but a little of a much bigger truth). Instead, you spend your energies elsewhere, more productively, open up your sense of self & your possibilities & capture that curiosity & sense of wonder of just who & what that maybe.

Anyway, that’s my two cents. ~ Bellamy :kiss: