Alcohol

I hate doing so many threads, but since there is no thread where you can talk about everything…

So, i was wondering about following: Is regular usage of alcohol damaging to your magical abilities, this is probably somewhat stupid question because alcohol seems to be damaging to me anyways… I should lessen the use of it for all reasons.

Also, why is it that when people make sacrifice to spirits - It is usually alcohol? why do spirits like alcohol? what do they gain from it ? and so on.

1 Like

I dunno, personally I think it tastes like shit. All of it.

People want to get spirits drunk. Don’t ask me how, but they do. And spirits like it.

I think.

I don’t really know, so don’t go buy me.

</|>
/"|"
<|/>

Smile! Sigils love you.

(Anyone who gets that reference deserves a cookie.)

I used to drink a lot and it never affected mine, but I think if I’d carried on and gotten really bad (daytime drinking to feel normal or whatever) I’d have had problems.

A female family member killed herself through drink and yet remained very psychic right to the end, the trouble was her emotions etc. were so messed up she couldn’t use her talents, so I think it’s the general damage it does to the mind and personality etc (plus the collateral damage addiction usually does to people - the drama, highs/lows, and lying that accompany it) rather than blunting your abilities across the board.

That’s my experience but people metabolise it differently due to genetic differences, my family are mostly northern European where alcohol’s part of the culture.

1 Like

IMO

Alcohol is a significant investment. It either costs a great deal or takes a while to make (as Claidheam can tell you) It is also used for special occasions ie breaking out the good stuff.

So you are offering the spirit something that you put a lot of time and money into, and celebrating its arrival.

I used to say I do not drink at all. Now, I do drink one glass of red wine every month for a contract I made with a spirit. I loathe the taste, and it is quite difficult for me to do.

I prefer not to drink because I find my mind and body function better without it.

Eva, i’m north european - people i know drink very much alcohol… And i have been drinking it quite a lot in couple years now.

Sevarn, was that some actual sigil you made there :open_mouth: ? didn’t look like anything familiar. In my opinion alcohol tastes awesome, at least the light ones like beer and wine… But that’s bad for me, makes me wanna drink - and then i can feel horrible when i’m sober for couple days.

1 Like

[quote=“NariusV, post:5, topic:2792”]I used to say I do not drink at all. Now, I do drink one glass of red wine every month for a contract I made with a spirit. I loathe the taste, and it is quite difficult for me to do.

I prefer not to drink because I find my mind and body function better without it.[/quote]

Every word of the above statement is pretty much why I don’t drink. Period.

And Black Flame, that sigil is for an entity I’m constructing.

[quote=“NariusV, post:5, topic:2792”]I used to say I do not drink at all. Now, I do drink one glass of red wine every month for a contract I made with a spirit. I loathe the taste, and it is quite difficult for me to do.

I prefer not to drink because I find my mind and body function better without it.[/quote]

So interesting how our tastes can differ so much :D, although when i was younger i didn’t like the taste of red wine. Now i have hard time to stop at one bottle, and many times have just drank all i can get at the time. Would be so easy if spirit gave me a task to just drink some wine every month heheh.

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:7, topic:2792”][quote=“NariusV, post:5, topic:2792”]I used to say I do not drink at all. Now, I do drink one glass of red wine every month for a contract I made with a spirit. I loathe the taste, and it is quite difficult for me to do.

Every word of the above statement is pretty much why I don’t drink. Period.

And Black Flame, that sigil is for an entity I’m constructing.[/quote]

Darn, i knew that sevarn. Now i got even more paranoid, if its your entity and i stared that sigil - :D, if it is harmful and devours my thoughts - no point devouring my thoughts, i suggest casting it to devour something completely else.

If you ever want to stop with no bullshit internal dialogue drawing you back, this works: https://rational.org/index.php?id=35

3 Likes

You will be the first soul it devours. It devours souls to power my defenses.

AND YOU ARE IT’S FIRST TARGET!

I knew you say that, its a shame - because now i really think so, as my alcohol rotten mind can’t take anything as a joke… Why you do this sev, i thought you were to help me.

Well i have no soul anyways if they exist, i remember giving it…

anyways, wouldn’t it devour everyone’s soul here then.

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:2, topic:2792”]I dunno, personally I think it tastes like shit. All of it.

People want to get spirits drunk. Don’t ask me how, but they do. And spirits like it.

I think.

I don’t really know, so don’t go buy me.

</|>
/"|"
<|/>

Smile! Sigils love you.

(Anyone who gets that reference deserves a cookie.)[/quote]

I smile because Moloch loves me…though Satan has been making eyes at me…

Because alcoholic souls are very wet, and my car needs an oil change.

ORISMEN GETS THE COOKIE THOUGHTFORM

Nobody notice my spelling error in the first comment?

I always considered alcohol to be a powerful tool, its a combination of all the elements. It’s made from the earth, is a liquid that burns like fire and if left open or exposed turns to gas.

I don’t drink in ritual, just recreationally and that’s not often anymore. My bingeing days are over. It takes its toll.

1 Like

Damn my schizophrenic personality, oh wait the other one says don’t damn it… to the other one. But anyways, half of me says “darn, now they even know they can eat our soul luring it with alcohol” and other half is like, why the hell are you so concerned :smiley:

But when i think of it, my soul is being reaped and possessed by many entities already i guess - If i have a soul, and… Bleh, i should banish these things from my house.

K, pls don’t call the people in white coats now. I know this post didn’t make much sense, i blame the alcoholism because this is the alcohol thread… Al thought i have been sober today, but still.

Cookie thoughtform, that is very confusing - i might have it, its so confusing i might actually have it in me.

Ok figured this is a good thread to post this cause i feel fucked up asking it. Maybe its just my phone but i have no way of posting without hitting the quote button. Can someone tell me what to do?

Below each thread, right below the last post shown, is a grey bar saying Write A Comment - you click the drop-down arrow to the left of that, but quote’s easier then just erase what’s in the box (unless you want to quote/partial quote it of course).

Ok the problem is my phone. I see the gray bar but there is nothing written on it… Damn it … I guess my method works too…Thanks anyway

Every one talked about the taste of alcohol, i think we should also look at the energy factor of alcohol. It produces a lots of calorie when burned or digested. As for spirits energy is good food and they would generally like good source of energy. There is reason why alcohol is also called spirit, alchemically it is Mercury and close to Spirit; at the same time holding the essence of sulfur (energy) within it; it could easily be evaporate and transmit to alchemical spirit. which make it excellent fluid condenser, making it excellent for spirits to use it as their food source of essence or energy. In his work PME Bardon also mentioned about making several types of magickal tools using alcohol e.g. various types of fluid condensers, spirit lamp, Magickal Mirror etc.