Alchemy for Beginners šŸ˜¬

@sunandmoon Taoist alchemy? Iā€™ll look into that book.
I think that might be what Iā€™m looking for. Taoism really resonates with me. @Nyxifer What would be a good starting point in your opinion? And your work with plants sounds fascinating. You should totally start a thread or maybe we should start an alchemy group once weā€™ve all been practicing. Thanks to everyone for the help. Iā€™m enjoying learning about this.

3 Likes

The Alchemistā€™s Handbook by Frater Albertus is considered to be one of the foundational modern books for learning alchemy, but it can be a little terse at times. Mark Stavishā€™s Path of Alchemy also provides an excellent guide to learning plant work, and Jean Dubuis has a couple courses on Spagyrics as well as Mineral Alchemy that have a good reputation.

A BALG Alchemy group sounds fantastic. :+1:

3 Likes

Check out the Kybalion.

3 Likes

This is just going off of memory from my own intepretation of a western alchemy text (sorry I forget the name:

Some quotes from the text

1. you are a fool if you take the text literally and will search many years in vain
  2. the 7 metals are purified in the bowels of the earth, and the alchemical processes cannot take place unless the base metals have been suficiently purified
  3. within man is the seed of a universe and through alchemical processes this seed can be developed into an entire universe (sorry just based on memory) and look for this in the house of mercury

So my interpretation is

1. this is alegorical, please dont try to make physical gold
  2. the seven metals purified is a reference to reincarnation. So if you spent several lifetimes as a scholar you would purify your mercury energy. And if you stop being lazy and become a hard-worker you have purified your saturn discipline energy, etc for the other planets. So after purifying the base metals you have easier access to these personality traits in your next lifetime. And the alchemy processes cannot take place unless the base metals have been purified because most people would not be ready for or even interested in the incredible discipline and mastery over yourself to complete the meditation training.
  3. look for this seed in the house of mercury - well mercury rules the signs gemini and virgo and virgo rules the intestines. So looking for a seed in the house of mercury is telling you to meditate on your lower belly. And that is a fundamental meditation technique - meditating on your dantien, you will feel the heat of chi very quickly if you do this. I assume most people with access to alchemy texts in the middle ages would have magic books and so they would know some basic meditation techniques.

I read a book on MoPai training and basically the entire system is based on sitting in lotus doing reverse breathing into your dantien. And they claim that each level of the system is a doubling of your chi power and it takes about a year of intense meditation to move up each level. The book lists several members claimed to be at levels 30-40ish. So a man with at level 40 would have 2^40 times the chi of an average man - he would contain an entire universe of chi inside himself. Thats my interpretation of the last statement - meditate on the house of mercury until you develop your chi from a tiny seed into an entire universe

So I see astrological metaphors and meditation metaphors when I read it because those are things Iā€™ve studied, but people who have studied other occult skills would probably pick up different aspects of the text

4 Likes

Hey! @Lady_Eva can you PM me those links as wellā€¦

I have a question - How can alchemy work in conjunction with black magick?

And i heard drinking liquid gold will open your third eye and open your pineal and thalamus gland and opens to new dimensions and experiences.Is it true?

Have you yourself transmutated poison into nectar? Like ā€œwhoops. Did I just ate ten grams of cocaine? No buggar, iā€™ll Just turn it into medicineā€ obviously thatā€™s an exsatuation.

In a sense I have.

I took dangerous forces which purpose are used to destroy, kill and poison all creation.

Then I harnessed that to bring about positive change in my life and in myself.

Just like a gun itā€™s dangerous and life threatening, but can be used for protection if used correctly. Plus that gun can be used to kill an animal and feed a family.

So it isnā€™t about what forces we use but how we use them. This is the art of poison becoming nectar, just like Az Jahi has taught me that working in necromancy in a certain way.
The necromancy instead of decaying from death essence can instead merge with it like a virus and be immune to its negative effects, if certain things are done before.

This is another way of harnessing such a poisonous force in such a empowering way.

2 Likes

For some reason info about internal alchemy is easily available, thanks to Mantak chia and around 100 books he has written! But external alchemy is still a mystery. And in my opinion it will remain like that as there is no way it is as a field of applicable knowledge going to surpass ā€™ science of modern chemistry ā€™ any time soon. So doesnā€™t have much value practically.

In the eastern tradition changing led into gold was the most primary function of alchemy, main goal was almost same as inner alchemy, Immortality. Eastern alchemy cannot be thought of without liquid Mercury, said to be the semen of Shiva himself. It is said that liquefied mercury after being purified spiritually for 108 times can not only give physical immortality, but also can be used to make the ULTIMATE talisman, wearing which one can even rule the 7 continents.

3 Likes