Aghoris

I’m sure at least some Occultists here,would’ve heard of the aghori sadhus.For those who don’t know a thing about them,they’re pretty much left-hand path Hindus,who mainly worship Shiva and try to be an aspect of his,Bhairava.Smashan Tara,goddess of the charnel ground,is also worshipped widely by the sect,although she has various names.The thing that is interesting about these sadhus is that,their rituals do contain a lot of necromancy.To them everything has god essence,be it faces or a jackal.Therefore they consume,human flesh,fecal matter and spoilt,rotten food to overcome the illusion of cleanliness.Any information on them would be welcomed.I hope via this thread,more people can get to know about these unique but as usual,severely misunderstood people.

I’ve studied about this stuff, so know what you’re talking about, and I love their embrace of literally rotting flesh and dog poop as being as much sacred as virgin parchment, linens, all that stuff.

I think it’s helped inform my own choices and made me less clinically OCD and also less dualistic. Not sure I have much to add, but it’s my perception that this mindset re-sacralises EVERYTHING - then, it’s just a case of applying the good old “doctrine of signatures” where needed.

1 Like

I’ve heard about them while reading Swami Rama’s Living with the Himalayan Masters. He talked about being with an Aghori. He was scared at first, but learned some things. The guy transmutated human flesh into something like peanuts or something. It was pretty amazing.

Madventures Hindustan - The Aghori Secret Puja

Now there’s a good video I saw about them a while ago. They have a lot of bad sentiment in India just as Satanists do here in the US. I mean, the nagababas also follow Shiva and perform difficult penances, but are nowhere near as extreme as these badasses are. Not to mention the nagababas congregate with the locals sometimes, where as these guys scare people away. They pretty much commit every bad thing you can think of–nothing limits them.

Aghori Babas: Living With The Dead

Worth Watching

[quote=“lelouchdamien, post:4, topic:2485”]Madventures Hindustan - The Aghori Secret Puja

Now there’s a good video I saw about them a while ago. They have a lot of bad sentiment in India just as Satanists do here in the US. I mean, the nagababas also follow Shiva and perform difficult penances, but are nowhere near as extreme as these badasses are. Not to mention the nagababas congregate with the locals sometimes, where as these guys scare people away. They pretty much commit every bad thing you can think of–nothing limits them.[/quote]Yea,like you mentioned,very misunderstood individuals.After all,society is always more than happy to brand,what their puny minds cannot accept,as evil.

Ya they are quite shunned by the local populace here in India…they live therefore mainly in cemetries and ashrams far away from localities.Many of Them want to master the das mahavidyas of tantra…which is the worship of the ten wrathful forms of kali…and liberate themselves…pretty intense indeed as kali is the most dangerous hindu goddess…she’s pure chaos energy in a sense!!

Now that you mention the das mahavidyas… I forgot the name of the book I read a little while ago, but it was about initiation into some kind of kali tantra where the required steps were to consume dead bodies and meditate on top of them, or something. That reminded me of the aghoris and they might actually be the darker aspect of the shaktas instead of being shiva followers.

There are also some Buddhist practices that involve meditating with dead and decaying corpses, etc. These used to be commonplace and normal in many societies. Today one can be arrested for hanging around a dead body, it’s not socially acceptable or understood. Taboo’s change.

These Buddhist practices probably have a similar root to the aghori methods, as they also facilitate seeing through the illusion so to speak. The illusion is really the thought/emotion patterns most of us (unconsciously) paint onto the world, which we then react to, instead of what is really there. Being able to do these taboo things without fear or disgust, etc. is a pretty solid way to test whether there are some of these mental thought/emotion patterns remaining, although the testing only relates to those specific situations, so it useful but not complete… if one is going for completly breaking free of the illusion.

Now that you mention the das mahavidyas… I forgot the name of the book I read a little while ago, but it was about initiation into some kind of kali tantra where the required steps were to consume dead bodies and meditate on top of them, or something. That reminded me of the aghoris and they might actually be the darker aspect of the shaktas instead of being shiva followers.[/quote]

quite right u are…they are kind of shaktas more than shaivites

Wildboyz visits The Unholy Aghori Tribe! (Wildboyz in India)

Another recent video i came across.

1 Like